PDA

View Full Version : drivers side door issue

Malteaze
02-01-2008, 07:33 PM
hey guys,

need some help if you can.

I've had some issue with my drivers side door for a little while now but since I havent been driving due to a licence suspension its seemed to have gotten worse.

No matter what position the lock is in - be it locked or unlock - I have trouble reversing it. The barrel seems a little loose, but the key is just not turning in the lock.

About 20-30% of the time its fine, the rest I really have to struggle with.

Any suggestions as to what could be the issue, and if i need a locksmith or what ever to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

thanks guys.

EKVTIR-T
02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
Perhaps someone has tried to pick the lock b4.
Or the door may have been pulled apart to replace or repair something in the past and something might need to be retightened?

andiiso
02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
ur key somehow damaged ? or barrel because maybe the keys (little slot things that have certain heights and when key goes in they all should fall into the keys up or downs to make smooth surface thus unlocking) in the barrel arent getting the right ups n downs of ur car key .. maybe havta recode barrel or get new one, should be able to source at locksmith, i reckon you should go locksmith and get them to look at it and see if they can accurately tell u wats wrong with it, either key or barrel.