PDA

View Full Version : Touch up paint - advise pls

Riviera_TypeS
02-01-2008, 11:59 PM
If you refer to this thread where I got the pictures of the scratches http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81483

Some of them are quite deep to the extent I can see the underlaying metal coating or something like that. And since I just grabbed this touch up paint from Honda dealer for 18 bucks (15mL). I want it to be near-perfect but there's no instruction on how to do it.

Can someone point me in the right direction here? I know I shouldn't just brushed the paint on top of those scratches... because my dad did it on the other car and it was a complete mess..!!

Thanks!

traumatized
03-01-2008, 08:33 AM
thing you will need:
-tooth pick
-touch up paint
-claybar
-claybar lube
-car polish

what you need to do:
-use a tooth pick dip it in the touch up paint
-fill the scratch with the touch up paint on the tooth pick making sure the touch up paint is protuding from the surface of the panel of your car
-allow to dry for a few minutes
-spray claybar lube on the section you just touched up
-use the claybar and go over the scratch the claybar should smooth out the excess touchup paint and level it with the cars panel
-wipe of excess claybar lube
-let it dry over night
-give the surface a good polish

that is pretty much the steps you can try, and maybe the safe way the other you can do it is instead of using the claybar you can use very very fine grit sand paper but you run the risk of over sanding and so forth

aaronng
03-01-2008, 09:09 AM
^^ that's what I would do too.

But bear in mind, using touch up paint is not easy to get near-perfect results, especially on pearl/metallic paint.