PDA

View Full Version : A few recent forum updates

wynode
03-01-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi all,

Just informing you of a couple of updates to posting/thread approvals that have occurred over the last week.

As per this (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1308528&postcount=2)post, we have updated the forum posting permissions such that newcomers cannot reply to threads in the WTB forum. (basically newcomers who don't have permission to sell were bypassing the system by replying to WTB forum threads
The approval process for the DIY forum has been removed. A lot of threads were sitting there awaiting moderation for upto a week at times. You still need to use the template though (see the sticky in the DIY forum). If not your thread will be removed (after a warning).That's it for now!

panda[cRx]
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
boring, when are we getting some cool stuff?

where's all the flash animation, sound effects and nudity?

wynode
03-01-2008, 11:31 PM
This isn't a forum for ricers :)

Bayani
04-01-2008, 06:42 AM
Since when? ;)

--
On a serious note..

I like the DIY threads being moderated...
It totally prevents messy threads appearing...

I don't think 1 week is too bad, considering.

Perhaps I am over-thinking what is validated on the new threads; but template adherence and coherent articles is something I'm willing to wait a week for.

wynode
04-01-2008, 08:25 AM
I guess our issue was more to do with the fact that we (moderators) weren't approving these threads and they were sitting there for a good week before they were approved.

It's a bit frustrating to the original poster because he/she might type up one page.....then has to wait upto a week for approval before they can type up the second page.

Idea is to have it like the FS forum (and it's template use).

wynode
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Updated first post. Newcomers cannot reply to "Wanted to Buy" forum threads only now (as opposed to the What/Where to Buy forum as well).