PDA

View Full Version : Checklist when picking up a new car

ahmondjai
04-01-2008, 05:39 AM
Hi guys, just got a call yesterday from the dealership, my new Civic should be ready by next week, just wondering are there anything I should check when picking up my new vehicle finally?? this is my 1st brand new car, so, I don't know anything.Thanks~~~~

minix33
04-01-2008, 06:14 AM
once you have all your finances done all you really need to do is sign a few papers.
anything else you will need such as manual's will be given to you when you get the key.
after all the paperwork and stuff is done, the dealer will give you a few freebies [unless he is cheap], show you the main controls around the car and then you're sweet.
congrats on the new purchase. =]

ahmondjai
04-01-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks, Mini. It's been all paid off already, to give the salesman a little help, because of the end of year thing, what kind of things I'm likely to be given at that time?

minix33
04-01-2008, 06:52 AM
usually just dodgey keyrings or floor mats lol.
nothing all that great.
when i got the mini they gave me a $100 gift voucher for their bmw/mini store which would have been ok if it actually sold anything at a decent price with anythin that actually was worth buying. i ended up getting a $30 ipod cable and two $35 keyrings
when i got the mx5 all i got was a clear plastic keyring which they stuck "tom kerr mazda" logo inside ==''

Shimian
04-01-2008, 07:11 AM
Hi guys, just got a call yesterday from the dealership, my new Civic should be ready by next week, just wondering are there anything I should check when picking up my new vehicle finally?? this is my 1st brand new car, so, I don't know anything.Thanks~~~~

other than what minix33 said, check the car also. When i picked mine up, i examined it like a hawk. I took a torch also to shine it at the car looking at it from various angles. The salesman also had a torch helping me out :thumbsup:

Joele
04-01-2008, 07:37 AM
Check the paint work I had bubbled paint on the roof...

wilkie
04-01-2008, 08:01 AM
if you got any of the accessories, get someone at the dealership to check it with you who isn't a sales guy and preferably who you know. i am getting paint protection and fabric protection on my vehicle and so did my friend when he bought his car 3 years ago from the same place. his car had the paint protection, but not the fabric protection, which we found out a year later when someone looked over it and said the paint was in very bad condition. i don't know whether they just forgot to put it on, but im not letting them get away with it for me. have the after sales guy (who wont work directly for honda) take a look, and for example with the fabric protection, put a few drops of water on the seat or floor. if it goes in, you can be sure they are screwing you on the stuff they think you can't see.

ahmondjai
04-01-2008, 08:02 AM
Joele, as for bubbled paint, is it really obvious or is it just small wavy looks from the paints?

Joele
04-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Joele, as for bubbled paint, is it really obvious or is it just small wavy looks from the paints?

mine was on the roof and was wavvy looks (like too thick in parts) for a maybe 5cm by 15cm section on the roof and 5 raised bubbles about 6mm accross. One was actually popped so just bare metal maybe 5mm accross..

They stripped and resprayed the whole roof...

ahmondjai
04-01-2008, 03:20 PM
mine was on the roof and was wavvy looks (like too thick in parts) for a maybe 5cm by 15cm section on the roof and 5 raised bubbles about 6mm accross. One was actually popped so just bare metal maybe 5mm accross..

They stripped and resprayed the whole roof...

so, what did you say to them?? were u satisfy tho??

sam.
07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
go over everything like a tightass! and all that the dealer gave us were 2 bayside honda keyrings, tight c*nts! pay extra attention to the paint also, as ours is f*cked!

Shimian
07-01-2008, 07:18 PM
i got 2 keyrings still in packet and took a photo with the salesman. He printed the photo and put it in some Honda card for display.

wilkie
07-01-2008, 07:41 PM
i got 2 keyrings still in packet and took a photo with the salesman. He printed the photo and put it in some Honda card for display.

lol sounds like something you would do at a theme park or something for the "good memories" hehe. i think i'm getting 2 keyrings too, but i'm not lucky enough to get a photo :P

ahmondjai
08-01-2008, 12:26 AM
well, guys, mine should be ready to pick up on thursday, since the alloys will be there tomorrow(8/1/08), then, it should be ready by then, might ring them tomorrow to grab some freebie off them, like touch up paints, ashtray, keyrings...I think that will come by standard, and I will bring a torch with me to check the car also, really excited now~~

Shimian
08-01-2008, 07:41 AM
i got an ashtray too. I think it comes standard with the car???

Joele
08-01-2008, 07:53 AM
so, what did you say to them?? were u satisfy tho??

I didn't notice for a few days (when I cleaned the car).. I went back showed them and they said they would get respray. Gave me a loan car and it was resprayed.. The new paint job looks good.. was I happy? hell no I had a brand new car getting repaired within a week...

stix
08-01-2008, 10:04 AM
if it doesnt come with a stick of touch up paint see if the dealer nice enough to throw one in for you before you drive off.

Thatch
09-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Get an Umbrella !!!!

ahmondjai
09-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Get an Umbrella !!!!

haha, that's a nice one, my girl friend had her eye on that, does anyone know how much that cost rrp?

wilkie
10-01-2008, 10:56 AM
how do u guys score the freebies, do u ask for them outright or hint in some way to the sales guy?

markCivicVti
10-01-2008, 10:58 AM
You pull a gun on them and ask politely. The best time to get freebies is before you sign the order contract - during the negotiating phase. After that all you can do is ask outright - but don't expect anything.

wilkie
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
yeh true. guess i will keep my pride and see if he offers :P

stix
11-01-2008, 08:50 AM
he aint gonna offer u anything except a keyring... maybe
theres no harm in asking
i don't think he'll give u the umbrella though lmao!

ahmondjai
11-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah, although unlikely, but I might give it a try, since the delivery date had been postponed to next week, chances are never 0%

dsire
12-01-2008, 12:26 AM
How much did you get yours for?

I managed to get them to give me 6 addons for my civic.
Ascent Lightning
Tinted Window
Car Mat
Windows Visors
Mud Guard Front and Rear
Car Cover

:D

ahmondjai
12-01-2008, 02:35 AM
I've got mine with
alloy
fog light
tinting
car mat
boot liner
exhaust tip
seat cover
for $27500
vti auto

dsire
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
I've got mine with
alloy
fog light
tinting
car mat
boot liner
exhaust tip
seat cover
for $27500
vti auto

That's alot, mine is a VTI-L. Got mine for 28,500 with the following:
Ascent Lightning
Tinted Window
Car Mat
Windows Visors
Mud Guard Front and Rear
Car Cover

Else where, there were asking for 30,800 and if I wanted to get add ons for accessories that will be extra cost.

tokyonite
26-03-2008, 12:11 PM
bought my VTI-L Auto for $28500 Drive-away

with
Parking sensor
spoiler
fog lights
mud guard (front and back)
floor mat
exhaust finisher
tinted window

gd deal?

warwick108
26-03-2008, 04:47 PM
when u go pick up ur car.. make sure there is a engine.. in the engine bay.. lol.. =).. i got mine got 24500. vti auto.. with alloys...and its black.. not sure if thats gonna make a difference.. =S

warwick108
26-03-2008, 04:48 PM
o0opPps.. I mean 25500

Riviera
26-03-2008, 05:25 PM
just like you would a secondhand car check this brand new car

door seals - make sure theyre on correctly

interior panels make sure they line up PERFECTLY and they every
panel is flush with the next

door trims - in the misses scivic the silver trim on the inside of the door is raised
its not flat the whole way along

grubby footprints on your new floor mats/carpet lining

roof lining, grubby hand prints lol

paint condition, see whether its just been sitting outside, we're checking for
paint stains and such

play with everything, its going to be great fun, i was there when the misses
picked hers up it was fun, tugging on everydoor handle, using every function,
pressing every button

i think the first thing i did was tune the sound system 4 on the bass and full
trebble best settings for the stock system for loudness and clarity.
great stock system by the way

Riviera
26-03-2008, 05:25 PM
when u go pick up ur car.. make sure there is a engine.. in the engine bay.. lol.. =).. i got mine got 24500. vti auto.. with alloys...and its black.. not sure if thats gonna make a difference.. =S

did you have an engine lol

tokyonite
26-03-2008, 05:57 PM
engine? of course..haha

so did i have a gd deal? ....... ermm from astoria honda tho.