PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have OEM Honda roof racks?

trinnyd
04-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Just wondering if anyone has genuine Honda roof racks for the Euro? How are they and do they damage the paint, door seals etc.

What has your experience with them, is it easy to install and take off etc?

Even if you have a better alternative to recommend that would be great.

Thanks.

ticklenow1
04-01-2008, 07:18 PM
I have the genuine Honda roof racks on my Euro for my surfboard. Thay are not great racks but all the aftermarket ones are almost exactly the same. I am almost sure that Rhino or one of the big brands make them and put a honda badge on. They do have one problem. If you wind the window down a little whilist it is raining you will get wet! The water drips in over the door frame all over you. This is because the door seals have a slight indent in them from the clips that hold the racks to the roof.
They are fairly easy to remove. Just unlock them with the supplied key, the cover slides off and you then lift up a lever. I removed mine a couple of times and there was a slight (very slight) dent where one of the racks sit, although this could have been because I put 3 boards on it sometimes and drive long distances. They are easier to remove with 2 people although it can be done easily on your own.
They do look OK and I just leave mine on now over winter. They have not deteriorated much (3 and a half years old), but I do blackwax them occasionally. They do not scratch the paint.
They are a little more expensive than aftermarkrt though. I think they cost me $650 when I bought the car in 04 and the aftermarket ones were about $400, but I got a deal through the dealer.

trinnyd
04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Thanks Mate, thats exactly the type of feedback I needed to hear!, Cheers.