PDA

View Full Version : accrod euro coolant change question

Vtec_inside
05-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey ppl i doing a coolant change on my 05 euro, just wondering does anyone know does the k24 motor has a coolant drain bolt on the block? or just drian from the radiator plug only. Cause i want to change coolant from oem to tectaloy 100 plus.

Any pdf or workshop manual of coolant change would be helpful thx.

aaronng
05-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Drain it through the radiator drain plug. That is what is said in the workshop manual.

BTW, make sure you check that the tectalloy coolant won't corrode the Euro's water pump.

EuroSteve
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I was going to change my coolant a few weeks ago, but saw on the sticker under the bonnet (and workshop manual) that the Honda coolant doesn't need to be replaced until 200,000km or 10 yrs!? So instead I bought a 1L topup bottle from Honda.

Those that have changed your coolant, what are you using and why?

S.

tron07
05-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Remove/flush all the coolant, top up with water, start the engine and idle for a while without closing the radiator cap, you can see the water being suck in to the engine by the water pump, top up some more. Stop engine then flush it all again.... you can repeat it a few time, or just do it once. Fill it up with coolant as per the require amount stated on the coolant or manual.

Dont blame me if something goes wrong.....

tony1234
05-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I would only use Honda coolant.

EUR003act
06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I would only use Honda coolant.

same! ^^

i brought 5L for like $40 from honda... thats more than enough for a change and flush...

Vtec_inside
07-01-2008, 03:37 PM
iam suprise that the owner manaul said 200,000km as well. But just want to make sure iam not goign to get coolant problem later on down the track or even problems with. my water pump. Mah might just go buy some geniune before i change it out make sure it the smae stuff.. no corrison problem.

ds4
30-07-2013, 11:50 PM
The honda logbook mentioned to change the original coolant at 200,000km or 10 years (whichever comes first). Does anyone normally change the coolant on the Euro CL9 earlier than recommended in the logbook?

calais
03-08-2013, 05:51 AM
I was wondering the same thing the other day.....

Honda also recommend that their automatic transmissions service intervals are space years apart too. In my opinion it is cheap insurance to just spend a little on the 'preventitive maintenance' and have such items changed well before they are due.

Im picking up new honda coolant this week for my whip. Its only 7 yrs and 30,000km old but im not risking it :)