PDA

View Full Version : engine just turned off??

geo41e
20-08-2004, 12:24 AM
hey man, as u may know, i had a dizzy problem with my SI civic, but i got that dizzy rebuilts from rob at hannys.

now when i got home and put it back on, and drove, it was fine, but out of now where the engine light came on, and the engine turned off, sif it just cut out.
couldn't start it again, so i turned everything off, and then turned it back onto the reds, and the engine turned on ok......

now when i drove home, everything was fine, what do you rekon caused it ??
i took out the ecu fuse to reset....but l'm not sure if that helped...???

suggestions ??

spanks, geoff.

Weq
20-08-2004, 02:21 PM
take it back to hannys.
did it crank at all? any power to the starter?

bennjamin
20-08-2004, 05:53 PM
Taking out the ECU fuse will not reset the ECU Geoff....you have to either take out the backup fuse ( next to the ECU fuse , a 7.5 value...) OR simply disconnect the negative terminal of the battery for about 1 min or so.

But...this wont solve your problem.

On our Si's...replacing dizzy , MAIN relay and leads / cap-rotor go hand in hand....just try the next thing down the elecrical line jeffy !

*get Rob or pete to re-solder ur main relay if u havent tried already...*

ECU-MAN
20-08-2004, 07:40 PM
dont reset your ecu. it will help your mechanic diagnose the problem with what ever fault code is inside your ecu.

you put in a 2nd hand ingnition modual didnt you !! Could be your problem.

geo41e
20-08-2004, 07:41 PM
its all fine guyz
it wus the igniter plauying up and the computer hadn't been reset (ben ur right, the 7.5 amp fuse "back up")

cheers

btw, it wus scary drivin to hannys today coz the engine died 4 times, and the last time it died at the corner of horsely drive/cumbaland highway, and had to push it all the way to maccas on vic road..lols!

civicboy
20-08-2004, 09:08 PM
thats good 2 hear man
damn lucky u were with some1 2 push ur car

so wat happen 2 ur igniter? y is it faulty?