PDA

View Full Version : Quality differences - Thai v Japanese Accord

pmptrading
07-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Hello all,
I have just taken delivery of a NEW HONDA ACCORD VTI 2.4.
Great car - I am really happy with it.

A few things I noticed (maybe I am too picky).

1) Driver footrest came off (pushed into place)
2) read window trim not pushed in properly (quick wack fixed this)
3) I notice some of the oil/protectants are not squirted on uniformly..... this is very picky,......
4) the free phone number booklet with the manuals looks like it was sewed together by a 3 year old.

Have you guys noticed any major differences in quality?

I am being very picky...... but these are things Honda should do perfectly.

aaronng
07-01-2008, 09:57 AM
1) Driver footrest came off (pushed into place)
2) read window trim not pushed in properly (quick wack fixed this)
3) I notice some of the oil/protectants are not squirted on uniformly..... this is very picky,......
4) the free phone number booklet with the manuals looks like it was sewed together by a 3 year old.

Have you guys noticed any major differences in quality?

I am being very picky...... but these are things Honda should do perfectly.
I have the Euro.
1) Mine hasn't come off (yet!) but it is held on only by a few clips. Kicking it at the right angle should cause my footrest to come off just as easily as yours.

2) Our window trim is fine, but the rubber seal around the door of the Euro comes off very easily. I have to check and push it back in periodically.

3) Where did they squirt it on? The door guides look sparingly lubricated on mine. I relubed it after a year.

4) The Euro gets the same address book. I don't use it. The reason why it looks poor is because it's free. :)

petsfact
07-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I have the Euro.

4) The Euro gets the same address book. I don't use it. The reason why it looks poor is because it's free. :)

it's not free, it's just that they don't put it in the invoice, and that's probably why they look shit because it's not under any sort of warranty :D

panda[cRx]
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
there is very little difference in the quality, no worse than the previously thai or american built accords

one4spl
10-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Most of the trim parts I pulled out of my Euro when I put the Bluetooth Handsfree in it had Thai markings on them... I suspect that the interior is made in Thailand and sent to Japan to be fitted to the car.

panda[cRx]
10-01-2008, 07:17 PM
many parts are made in thailand then sent to japan for assembly