PDA

View Full Version : Civic Type R Replica Kit (Singapore) and other stuff...

JaCe
07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE THIS KIT (or any CTR parts) INSTALLED ON MY CIVIC. PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ASKING ME ABOUT IT!

Not meaning to tempt you all especially since I saw this in Singapore for sale (it was approx $1300sgd unpainted/unshipped), but here are some photos of a replica Type R bodykit. Who knows.. maybe it'll make it to Aus one day. And no, the shop does not usually ship to Australia.

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/6813/04012008181sm2.th.jpg (http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04012008181sm2.jpg) http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7775/04012008182hz4.th.jpg (http://img201.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04012008182hz4.jpg) http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/9382/04012008183ho4.th.jpg (http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04012008183ho4.jpg) http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/7867/04012008184uy2.th.jpg (http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04012008184uy2.jpg) http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9499/04012008185dk2.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=04012008185dk2.jpg)

The kit looks really nice IMO. Don't like the Type-R style painted wing (i.e. the black bit)... and for those interested, there were a few FD2Rs in Singapore but not too many. I mean, it's more expensive than an Evo IX!

Some other parts I saw for sale at this shop for the Civic FD specifically are;
*Eagle Eyes fully installed for $598sgd.
*Genuine OEM Type-R badge for $43sgd
*Full set of genuine OEM Type-R badging (red front/rear and Type-R) $160sgd
*AEM instake approx $500-550sgd (can't remember exact price but it's somewhere around there)

Last time I checked, 1aud was approx 1.2sgd. The reason I provide these prices is so if you are shopping in Aus and find these parts, this will give you a rough idea of the cost of them in other countries. Bear in mind that Singapore profit margins are alot thinner than Aus, shipping costs are alot less (since it's so near to Thailand and China), there's alot less risk of inventory going stale (since they have many more customers to sell to who are likely to buy parts) and wages are considerably less; so don't expect the parts to be THAT cheap in Aus!

Shimian
07-01-2008, 09:29 PM
ordering a mugen gear wrap cover and maybe a rear badge from SG. :thumbsup:

FallenAngel
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
The Type R kit looks abit too plain at the front well thats IMO. Stokie rims like my car =]

6ary
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
The FD2R is not more expensive than the evo ix in singapore and there are quite a handfull of FD2Rs around as they are JDM imports and it's cheaper than the FN2R at the local honda dealership

denot
08-01-2008, 08:32 AM
nice... is it too heavy to cary a set back to Sydney (only the kits, no wing, etc)?

JaCe
08-01-2008, 09:56 AM
The FD2R is not more expensive than the evo ix in singapore and there are quite a handfull of FD2Rs around as they are JDM imports and it's cheaper than the FN2R at the local honda dealership

I'm relying on my cousin's input- he may have been referring to 2nd hand Evos if that's the case. Aren't Evo's sub RM200k (malaysia)?

sendok
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM
is the type r spoiler similar with mugen one?

Mingy
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
Hello Sexy! this is my kind of bodykit. i''d get the conversion done and i know where but its too expensive. 3-5K just for a visual ctr conversion.

Yo JaCe, hows the CTR wing on your FD? i saw it in your gallery the other day.

markCivicVti
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm pretty sure (unless JaCe changed it... unlikely) he has a genuine Mugen wing on.

6ary
08-01-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm relying on my cousin's input- he may have been referring to 2nd hand Evos if that's the case. Aren't Evo's sub RM200k (malaysia)?

Malaysian cars are really expensive as their government impose heavy tariffs on imported cars to sell their protons. FD2R in singapore costs abit more than 100k SGD, evo 10s cost 120-130k

JaCe
08-01-2008, 04:58 PM
^ Correct. That's why alot of our cars in M'sia are 2nd hand... and also leads to more and more problems ><

On a sidenote, I was thrashing our Waja... managed to top it out at 183km/h. Not bad for a 1.6L on the NS h/w =] Only cars which overtook me were a Fairlady, a CLS350 (and *gasp* a Camry 2.0L)... all Singaporean plates.

I'm pretty sure (unless JaCe changed it... unlikely) he has a genuine Mugen wing on.

Correct. Factory painted Mugen wing.

Btw what gallery are you referring to? I thought I only uploaded a few shots with Jo_E here on the forums. My picasaweb (http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88) is quite outdated.

Shimian
08-01-2008, 05:43 PM
CTR wing and Mugen wing are different. Mugen is 1 piece whereas CTR has 3 pieces connected together (2 side and 1 top)

JaCe
08-01-2008, 06:54 PM
CTR wing and Mugen wing are different. Mugen is 1 piece whereas CTR has 3 pieces connected together (2 side and 1 top)

What do you mean?

I was under the impression the CTR wing came pre-assembled and was treated as a single piece? *shrugs*

Shimian
08-01-2008, 09:22 PM
i dont know if it comes pre assembled. I know it has 3 parts. So you can paint the top part in another colour or give it a carbon fibre look.

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/431/civictyperspoilernk9.jpg

FallenAngel
09-01-2008, 12:49 AM
I think thats its very similar. The mugen wing looks exactly like that.

Shimian
09-01-2008, 07:29 AM
Mugen wing is one piece. Looks very similar to the CTR wing (photo). But it give you the opportunity to paint the middle section in another colour

FallenAngel
09-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Ah true, although i guess u still can if u know how to with the mugen. Just probably not as well done as you would hoped that it'l be

JaCe
09-01-2008, 10:06 AM
IMO the CTR wing is very very very similar to the Mugen wing in look. Might as well go Mugen since it's designed to be fitted to the Civic FD rather than the replica CTR which was more of an afterthought.

denot
09-01-2008, 11:03 AM
lol, "fake CF looks" on a "fake CTR Wing"

Off Topic: JaCe, what else did you bought from Malay/Singapore?

Shimian
09-01-2008, 11:18 AM
that photo is for our Civic FD. It is a replica CTR wing made to fit our car.

6ary
09-01-2008, 05:12 PM
^ Correct. That's why alot of our cars in M'sia are 2nd hand... and also leads to more and more problems ><

On a sidenote, I was thrashing our Waja... managed to top it out at 183km/h. Not bad for a 1.6L on the NS h/w =] Only cars which overtook me were a Fairlady, a CLS350 (and *gasp* a Camry 2.0L)... all Singaporean plates.

One of my favourite places on earth is the NSHW as there's "no speed limit" :zip:. Before studying in melbourne used to head up to sunway workshops or sepang occasionally.

JaCe
09-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Didn't get a chance to buy much :( Only got an aftermarket horn and typhoon intake for myself. Bought an OEM Type-R badge for a friend.

One of my favourite places on earth is the NSHW as there's "no speed limit" :zip:. Before studying in melbourne used to head up to sunway workshops or sepang occasionally.

LOL I miss it too. It was a good drive from Singapore to Sepang for forum meetups- I've got a bunch of photos from my trip last last year to Sepang at http://picasaweb.google.com/jace.88 if you're interested.

On a sidenote, record from JB to KL is <1:50:00.

JaCe
09-01-2008, 05:36 PM
that photo is for our Civic FD. It is a replica CTR wing made to fit our car.

Replicas first priority is to match the look of the real thing- the fit and finish/build quality/aerodynamics are all secondary concerns.

After using various replica and genuine components- I can definitely see a major difference. May not be noticeable at first; but once you've had the parts on the car for a while you can start to see the replica parts deteriorate.

Shimian
09-01-2008, 07:16 PM
originals will fail too. My mate drives a calais. Original spoiler. Already can see it start to wear out. Friend has an integra with a replica kit. Not quite sure the exact year (possibly late 90s as im not familiar with that model), replica kit looks good as new. So it just depends on where the kit was made. Not all replica kits will fail.
So far i have front grille and spoiler as replicas. grille ive had for about 1 year. Still looks the mint. Spoiler only a few months. So maybe ill see if its any good in 3+ years time.

Mingy
10-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Off-Topic: Yo JaCe, You live in the Hills area right? i'm live @ nth parra so its near your area. we should do a photoshoot together, i got a mate who also drives a FD and its done up. hes username is 'FallenAngel', i reckon a photoshoot with many fds would look awesome. everyone are fully welcome too. cheers buddy :thumbsup:

match
10-01-2008, 01:45 PM

every highway in msia has " no speed limit" lol...... especially Federal!!

JaCe
10-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Shimian- I'm not going to have another pointless debate with you on genuine vs. replica. If you want to save money by buying replica Mugen pedals and Mugen replica interior mirror covers, go ahead. These items are unlikely to matter if worn out (well the pedals might have issues if they lose grip) but it's not like people can really see them. Of course some parts, using a replica doesn't matter, and as you also mentioned, it depends on where the replica was made. Furthermore, like all things, even genuine items can have QC issues.

Off-Topic: Yo JaCe, You live in the Hills area right? i'm live @ nth parra so its near your area. we should do a photoshoot together, i got a mate who also drives a FD and its done up. hes username is 'FallenAngel', i reckon a photoshoot with many fds would look awesome. everyone are fully welcome too. cheers buddy :thumbsup:

Sure. I don't think I'll be doing any more changes to the appearance of my FD anytime soon so it's all good. All I need now is a car wash! Note, I moved to Pyrmont for weekdays but I'll be back in the Hills on weekends. PM me when you and FallenAngel are free. Jo_E also lives in our area.

denot
11-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Sure. I don't think I'll be doing any more changes to the appearance of my FD anytime soon so it's all good. All I need now is a car wash! Note, I moved to Pyrmont for weekdays but I'll be back in the Hills on weekends. PM me when you and FallenAngel are free. Jo_E also lives in our area.

Nice, let me kno as well... I live on Hills as well :p

minix33
11-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Shimian- I'm not going to have another pointless debate with you on genuine vs. replica. If you want to save money by buying replica Mugen pedals and Mugen replica interior mirror covers, go ahead. These items are unlikely to matter if worn out (well the pedals might have issues if they lose grip) but it's not like people can really see them. Of course some parts, using a replica doesn't matter, and as you also mentioned, it depends on where the replica was made. Furthermore, like all things, even genuine items can have QC issues.

everything can have problems, genuine or replica. but personally i find more satisfaction out of carrying a real gucci handbag rather than a fake from paddy's market. quality may be an issue but in the end no matter how much they look/feel the same, genuine always makes me personally feel the best. so when it comes to cars, its the same. i would rather pay 3k+ for genuine TE37's than pay 1k for replica. but then again i can be a bit of a brand whore =p.

[/rant]

p.s. hi jace! =]

Mingy
14-01-2008, 11:34 AM
everything can have problems, genuine or replica. but personally i find more satisfaction out of carrying a real gucci handbag rather than a fake from paddy's market. quality may be an issue but in the end no matter how much they look/feel the same, genuine always makes me personally feel the best. so when it comes to cars, its the same. i would rather pay 3k+ for genuine TE27's than pay 1k for replica. but then again i can be a bit of a brand whore =p.

[/rant]

p.s. hi jace! =]

My mother thinks exactly like you :p

minix33
14-01-2008, 11:56 AM
its a women thing.

Mingy
14-01-2008, 04:19 PM
its a women thing.

RIGHT. my mother spend $500 on seat covers. is that a woman thing too?

minix33
14-01-2008, 04:42 PM
RIGHT. my mother spend $500 on seat covers. is that a woman thing too?

its not something i would do.
as much as i love my brands, i would prefer other things for the price of them.
e.g.
for xmas the bf asked if i wanted a branded hand bag like gucci or LV.
i told him to get me swaybars.

denot
14-01-2008, 04:47 PM

WOW!!!! Are you for real????? You're like... a dream gf FTW!!!!! :p

btw Mingy, with that $500 seat covers, did he bought it from ebay?

minix33
14-01-2008, 04:55 PM
WOW!!!! Are you for real????? You're like... a dream gf FTW!!!!! :p

lol.. i seriously did.. he ordered me whiteline sways from mx5mania.com.au =]

denot
14-01-2008, 04:57 PM
lol.. i seriously did.. he ordered me whiteline sways from mxmania.com =]

hmmmmm niiiiiceeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

Mingy
14-01-2008, 08:04 PM
btw Mingy, with that $500 seat covers, did he bought it from ebay?

she (my mum) went into honda service/parts department to buy it. shes king shit aye.

Mingy
14-01-2008, 08:10 PM

LMAO!!!! literally. thats so going onto my sig. thats a good one! props

minix33
14-01-2008, 08:18 PM
LMAO!!!! literally. thats so going onto my sig. thats a good one! props

hahah thanks! woots i feel special cuz im in a sig now =p

phantom_civic
14-01-2008, 08:25 PM
everything can have problems, genuine or replica. but personally i find more satisfaction out of carrying a real gucci handbag rather than a fake from paddy's market. quality may be an issue but in the end no matter how much they look/feel the same, genuine always makes me personally feel the best. so when it comes to cars, its the same. i would rather pay 3k+ for genuine TE27's than pay 1k for replica. but then again i can be a bit of a brand whore =p.

[/rant]

p.s. hi jace! =]

Its TE37

Mingy
14-01-2008, 08:27 PM
hahah thanks! woots i feel special cuz im in a sig now =p

you bet. so you got swaybars for? what car u drive?

minix33
14-01-2008, 08:28 PM
my bad. that was a typo.. if u read my other posts im not so much a nub and i did mean 37s.

minix33
14-01-2008, 08:29 PM
you bet. so you got swaybars for? what car u drive?

NC mx5. im waiting for the swaybars now. i should have them within two weeks.

phantom_civic
14-01-2008, 08:33 PM
Not to diss you out or anything but whats a nub?

And also is your punctuation that bad?

Nub

Nub is another spelling of noob. Sometimes, nubs are used to describe people who are worse than noobs. The general explanation is that a "nub" is so bad, that it is a waste of time to type two o's for this person. Therefore, the double o is replaced by u.

resource by: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie#Nub

bigjo5
14-01-2008, 08:42 PM
lollll ! owned.com/minix33

Mingy
14-01-2008, 08:51 PM

ohhh sik. im also waiting for a item to arrive. i ordered a ctr replica spoiler from ebay and its getting shipped over from singapore. can't wait

Shimian
14-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Minix33: Please convert my gf to like car stuff. Her stock jazz is annoying me :thumbdwn:

minix33
15-01-2008, 01:17 AM
Minix33: Please convert my gf to like car stuff. Her stock jazz is annoying me :thumbdwn:

jazz's are nice cars. especially if she isnt really in the car scene, it is a good daily car and a nice car to learn on. the only thing she would probably want is something that looks nice on her car. maybe start by getting her rims or something that is very noticeable. tell her she can be like unique and shit [because rims on a otherwise stock jazz is oh-so-uncommon these days].

Shimian
15-01-2008, 07:22 AM
thats the thing, shes not into modifying. Her tyres are about to go and i said to her we get some new tyres and rims. She just wants tyres.

JaCe
15-01-2008, 07:31 AM
thats the thing, shes not into modifying. Her tyres are about to go and i said to her we get some new tyres and rims. She just wants tyres.

LOL is it really that important to you to get her into cars? What if she ends up becoming more into it and competitive than you are? You'll be feeling "less of a man"!

Shimian
15-01-2008, 07:42 AM
hahah, i dont mean go nuts on modifying. Atleast get a nice exhaust and some rims, that kind of modding. Even i dont have those at the moment. But she loves stock, even to get an air filter she went to honda rather than get a k&n. See what i mean

minix33
15-01-2008, 12:50 PM
chuck her on semi-slicks. =p

Pumped
15-01-2008, 01:00 PM
Stock=sensible lol

denot
15-01-2008, 01:05 PM
my gf was the other way around than you mini, she keep on complaining when I was talking about buying this and that for my ride... she'll sed that its better to buy an LV bag instead of a catback exhaust that we cant see and make her ear hurts... :(

minix33
15-01-2008, 02:00 PM
my gf was the other way around than you mini, she keep on complaining when I was talking about buying this and that for my ride... she'll sed that its better to buy an LV bag instead of a catback exhaust that we cant see and make her ear hurts... :(

tell her you will compromise.. you get her an LV bag and she gets you something for your car. if someone bought me an LV bag, i would use it [in the end im still a female] but for that amount of money i would have asked the person to get me tein's instead.

denot
15-01-2008, 02:05 PM
tell her you will compromise.. you get her an LV bag and she gets you something for your car. if someone bought me an LV bag, i would use it [in the end im still a female] but for that amount of money i would have asked the person to get me tein's instead.

hahaha kk...

nice avatar btw ^_^

minix33
15-01-2008, 02:10 PM

denot
15-01-2008, 02:24 PM
ok, after 2 1/2 pages of OFF TOPIC POSTS :p lets go back to the actual story shall we? ;)

Any1 rang jetspeed or the likes on the price if we want to create the CTR kit replica from them?

denot
24-01-2008, 03:09 PM
found this on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-HONDA-CIVIC-ACURA-CSX-TYPE-R-REAR-SPOILER-WING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ013QQite mZ230215962831QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Mingy
24-01-2008, 03:45 PM
found this on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-HONDA-CIVIC-ACURA-CSX-TYPE-R-REAR-SPOILER-WING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ013QQite mZ230215962831QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Heyyy lol i just ordered that spoiler. its coming in 2 days. can't wait. did you know the same guy sells CTR Replica Kit but its not listed on ebay. he said to me its very expensive to ship over to oz. its made from mu material (dunno what that is), front + rear bumpers weigh up to 10kgs.

ryanc
24-01-2008, 04:15 PM
woah CTR replica spoiler

i mite be interested in this!

i donno how it would look like on a black fd though, wonder if there's pics of it on a black FD... the cf bit looks cool

mingy let us know how it goes! and price u paid too incl shipping/painting etc if u dont mind :P

IAMVTEC
24-01-2008, 05:41 PM
This is lame, now people are painting fake carbon fibre on a fake aero fit for an economy car?

Cars are just becoming a man's handbag for all you pussies.

js0n1
24-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't even own an 8th gen, but might want to check out http://www.fabulousx.com.sg,they're a trader on the Singapore Honda forums.

According to their site they accept exporters.

Wonder if a group buy or shipment container would be possible?

Mingy
25-01-2008, 07:35 PM
woah CTR replica spoiler

i mite be interested in this!

i donno how it would look like on a black fd though, wonder if there's pics of it on a black FD... the cf bit looks cool

mingy let us know how it goes! and price u paid too incl shipping/painting etc if u dont mind :P

yeah sure. i'll upload a pic asap when i get it installed. it cost in total $322 to ship over to aus + maybe $150-200 installation. cheers

JaCe
25-01-2008, 11:10 PM
yeah sure. i'll upload a pic asap when i get it installed. it cost in total $322 to ship over to aus + maybe $150-200 installation. cheers

Cheap price for shipping. Not including painting or including?

Also for install, not sure about replica, but for genuine wing it was around $50. That's on the assumption that there is an easy to use template (i.e. uses same holes as OEM spoiler) and it's clean to install. If this is the case for your wing I can hook you up with my guys- PM me for detail.

As for http://www.fabulousx.com.sg... I don't like their lack of pricing. Would rather visit shop in person when I go back in July or Dec this year.

Mingy
26-01-2008, 01:24 PM
$150-$200 installation including painting. :D

dmx
26-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Heyyy lol i just ordered that spoiler. its coming in 2 days. can't wait. did you know the same guy sells CTR Replica Kit but its not listed on ebay. he said to me its very expensive to ship over to oz. its made from mu material (dunno what that is), front + rear bumpers weigh up to 10kgs.

if ur car is black, i think better u get with CF on top spoiler, otherwise if all black would be too plain, just my 2cents
and yes, front+rear is only 10kg, but theyre not calculate by the weight but by cubic (which greater).
my bodykits only weight up 12kg but they charged me by cubic (size) and end up paid for 90 kgs.
i think the calculation is (LxWxH)cm divide by 7000. (??? 7000 or 5000 or ??? i forget...) :)

Mingy
26-01-2008, 09:02 PM
if ur car is black, i think better u get with CF on top spoiler, otherwise if all black would be too plain

No Money. and its too late, the package is already on its way. thanks 4 the pointer though.

ryanc
26-01-2008, 10:49 PM
if ur car is black, i think better u get with CF on top spoiler, otherwise if all black would be too plain, just my 2cents
and yes, front+rear is only 10kg, but theyre not calculate by the weight but by cubic (which greater).
my bodykits only weight up 12kg but they charged me by cubic (size) and end up paid for 90 kgs.
i think the calculation is (LxWxH)cm divide by 7000. (??? 7000 or 5000 or ??? i forget...) :)

dmx u seen pics of a black fd with the cf top spoiler? care to share? :D

dmx
27-01-2008, 04:54 AM
dmx u seen pics of a black fd with the cf top spoiler? care to share? :D

not yet, only CF bonnet with black FD, slightly the same, but u still notice it.
for CF bonnet not reallt nice coz too many CF. but for top spoiler, i think would nice.:thumbsup:

Mingy
31-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Freakin asian countries man!! my spoiler still havn't arrived, its been 3weeks now. :mad:

JDMugen
31-01-2008, 05:18 PM

yes, i agree with that, black car with CF, will look very low profile, but HOT!

marcus
01-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Freakin asian countries man!! my spoiler still havn't arrived, its been 3weeks now. :mad:

which freaking asian country did u order ur spoiler from??

JaCe
01-02-2008, 09:48 PM

U ordered off eBay yeh?

Mingy
01-02-2008, 11:00 PM
which freaking asian country did u order ur spoiler from??

U ordered off eBay yeh?

The asian country which prohibits chewing gum. and yeah good old ebay :D

denot
01-02-2008, 11:10 PM

hahahah Singapore!!! :p should get it from Indo man!!! :p

marcus
01-02-2008, 11:15 PM

gosh u have to think twice before getting stuff from there mate....peeps there are pretty selfish....

JDMugen
01-02-2008, 11:56 PM
gosh u have to think twice before getting stuff from there mate....peeps there are pretty selfish....

everywhere else is the same, you just need to find the right person, right company, otherwise problems problems keep coming

Mingy
02-02-2008, 03:27 AM
hahahah Singapore!!! :p should get it from Indo man!!! :p

everywhere else is the same, you just need to find the right person, right company, otherwise problems problems keep coming

The guy had 98.9&#37; positive feedback. i assumed thats pretty trustworthy. i guess i was wrong. noone is trustworthy in asia man. we asians are freakin dodgy kents. even myself :p

BTW nice car JDMugen, is it a jdm fd2 conversion? think i seen you in another forum

gerard
02-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Interestingly, I bought my ducktail from a guy with the nick critical and had no problems. I believe they source from factory in Malaysia, hence might be delays in fabrication. They're shop is here:

http://www.sgcarstyling.com/

Riviera
02-02-2008, 09:43 AM
This is lame, now people are painting fake carbon fibre on a fake aero fit for an economy car?

Cars are just becoming a man's handbag for all you pussies.

nice quote lol

marcus
02-02-2008, 11:35 AM
The guy had 98.9% positive feedback. i assumed thats pretty trustworthy. i guess i was wrong. noone is trustworthy in asia man. we asians are freakin dodgy kents. even myself :p

BTW nice car JDMugen, is it a jdm fd2 conversion? think i seen you in another forum

haha dodgy asian kents :o probably 99.9% true...

JaCe
02-02-2008, 11:43 AM
Interestingly, I bought my ducktail from a guy with the nick critical and had no problems. I believe they source from factory in Malaysia, hence might be delays in fabrication. They're shop is here:

http://www.sgcarstyling.com/

I've had mixed results buying from there-
My visors were good.
My chrome headlamp covers were okayish.
My grille was crap.

How much was the ducktail? I know genuine dealer is a bit under $600 incl. paint/fit.

As for Singapore... they are usually quite reputable in my experience but it is definitely a caveat emptor market (like all replica things). Helps alot if you can see with your own eyes; or at least if you know the person.

JDMugen
05-02-2008, 11:43 AM
The guy had 98.9% positive feedback. i assumed thats pretty trustworthy. i guess i was wrong. noone is trustworthy in asia man. we asians are freakin dodgy kents. even myself :p

thanx Mingy, yes it's FD1 to FD2 conversion, i'm everywhere ^^

markCivicVti
05-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Do "sgcarstyling" ship overseas? Or did you buy them when you were in singapore?

JaCe
05-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Do "sgcarstyling" ship overseas? Or did you buy them when you were in singapore?

He ships overseas but you need to negotiate on pricing (by negotiate I mean you need to ask him).

Mingy
11-02-2008, 10:01 AM
yeppie! the spoiler finally arrived. so heres some pics as promised. :D

Just need to get it painted and installed now

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/6.jpg?t=1202687829

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/7.jpg?t=1202687928

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/8.jpg?t=1202687947

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/9.jpg?t=1202687961

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/1.jpg?t=1202687978

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/2.jpg?t=1202687993

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/3.jpg?t=1202688011

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg123/Mingy-R/Civic-R/5.jpg?t=1202688034

denot
11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
wow mingy!!! nice one!!! will u "CFnize" the middle part? :p

can u pm me the details on where u get it from? ty!!!

Mingy
11-02-2008, 02:35 PM
wow mingy!!! nice one!!! will u "CFnize" the middle part? :p

can u pm me the details on where u get it from? ty!!!

PM'd

can i get the middle section thats ABS plastic to look like CF?

JaCe
11-02-2008, 08:55 PM
It looks like the standard Mugen (or Mugen replica) wing except it can be split into three parts IMO. Is it very different or am I just blind?

Shimian
11-02-2008, 08:59 PM
thats the type r spoiler. very popular if u have a black or white car.

FallenAngel
12-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Definately Type R, Mugen has two areas where u can put the badge.

denot
12-02-2008, 09:30 AM
it is the Type R replica, but it does looks like the Mugen wing... any1 notice the diff (beside the badge slots)?

FallenAngel
12-02-2008, 03:40 PM
The mugen wing has the inside edge on the middle piece (although it doesn't come in pieces). The type R has a little raise in the middle area whereas the mugen does not.

Hard to explain without pictures. But there are differences between the type R and mugen

JaCe
12-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Looks very subtle.

What do you guys think of fake Mugen wings with Mugen badges. Yay or nay?

ryanc
12-02-2008, 11:56 PM
can u actually tell they're fakes
if its a fake wing + genuine badge?

JaCe
13-02-2008, 12:02 AM
A set of genuine badges is approx $100 from memory- if you can afford them, I'd be surprised if you couldn't afford the genuine wing since it's not that expensive when you consider that.

JaCe
13-02-2008, 12:22 AM
Just thought I'd bump this because I saw on eBay an aftermarket (replica) Type R kit from Malaysia selling for $899 + $500 p&h (i.e. $1399 all up).

erorxxx
13-02-2008, 03:55 PM
Looks very subtle.

What do you guys think of fake Mugen wings with Mugen badges. Yay or nay?

to be honest those fake one and the original one , it looks 95&#37; the same, once you put the mugen badges in it, it will become 99% looks the same ,

so in my opinion there is no point get the original one (no offence Jace), unless u got plenty of money . anyway this is just my opinion though

in counclusion, mugen wings w/ mugen badges is yay...

what do u guys think?

ryanc
13-02-2008, 05:25 PM
lol i don't think i'd be able to tell the diff. between a replica wing and a non replica one if they both had the genuine badge on it

plus i'd never go track ... so it's more an appearance thing than anything

hence if they look the same, go for it :D

markCivicVti
13-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah that seller from malaysia is selling the modulo, mugen and type r kits (all replica) for what lookds to be pretty decent prices. So so so tempting.

Mingy
14-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Ummmmm unfortunately due to personal reasons. i'm selling my CTR Spoiler :( :( :( anyone whose interested gimme a PM. peace

match
15-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I saw a black fd with mugen skirts yesterday in Kingsford behind anzac parade car park. It has sweet rims!! whose is it? own up now!!! lol

denot
15-02-2008, 12:09 PM
I saw a black fd with mugen skirts yesterday in Kingsford behind anzac parade car park. It has sweet rims!! whose is it? own up now!!! lol

that one always park there... :p

darkshines
15-02-2008, 09:36 PM

is it the one with like 19" inch HRE rims?

JaCe
16-02-2008, 11:49 PM
lol are u guys all from around unsw?

myfd1
17-02-2008, 04:42 AM
hey has anyone know where i can get mugen2 kits in melbourne?

match
19-02-2008, 02:25 AM
is it the one with like 19" inch HRE rims?

Dunno whats HRE but i think its 19 inch gold!!

Double R
24-02-2008, 11:03 PM

:honda: > Mazda