PDA

View Full Version : Worth modding this car?

Mur
07-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Hey all :wave:

I just got my first car: 1995 GLi civic si (automatic) which at first I only wanted for getting to places but after seeing my friends do up their cars Ive become very interested.

Being a total car noob I was wondering if there was any potential in it. Money wont be so much of a problem in the coming months but I dont think getting a new car will go so easy with my rentz.

Ive already got a head unit to replace the awful cassette player lol. If possible ide like to increase acceleration, getting up hills is a bitch especially with the aircon'

Lastly ide like to give it new bodykit/rims etc but dont wanna look like an idiot when my car crawls at 30 up a hill :(

So what are my choises?

Samm928
08-01-2008, 12:00 AM
get cold air/ short ram/ or a air pod if your cheap and just get some rims.. eg6 spoiler.. and foggies.. should be neat =)

Vtec_Me!
08-01-2008, 12:30 PM
Congrats on buying of ur first car, before u consider to start modding ur car u mite wanna ask urself these 2 questions which will help YOU make a decision....

1. What is ur budget?

2. What is the cars final result? e.g. kW gain, ICE, visual etc....

If u answered these questions honestly u can compare ur cars final result wif the budget u got buh i read dat $$$ wont be a issue (baller :p) buh IMO id keep the civic as a A -->B car and save for manual Si/Vti if u luv EG's buh its all down to personal preference buddy. hope this helps :thumbsup:

misteR_bilzz
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM
if i were you, seeing as tho its your first car and dont spend any money on it.
your going to be running into things its part of being a learner driver just save your money and when ur happy with ur driving get a decent car and splurge on that :D

Limbo
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
All comes down to you. Its never worth modding a car as you will never get what you paid for it back. If you want something you gotta make a choice if you wanna part with your money or not.

with $$$ there is always potential to do something. Its just a matter of how much you wanna spend

Cold Fusion
08-01-2008, 02:21 PM
in honest opinion, if i had a car like that, id only work the stereo and maybe air intake + wheels + lowered. if ur unsure abouty what u want and it was only ment for a DD, youll prob get carried away like i did. keep it simple and save up for a better car in the future

sam.
08-01-2008, 09:14 PM
i'd go a mad paint job, chromies and air suspension! phatness!!!

soss ick
09-01-2008, 09:57 PM
there seems 2 be alot of these threads popping up,

BUT YEH come on man think 2 your self, u drive an auto car (already a downstep wen it comes 2 performance) u drive a very weak honda (not even vti) u already tell us u struggle up hills with the aircon on i mean come on bro hahaha do u c potential? if your happy with the looks of the car and u think it may have potential there then sure make it look nicer, but since your looking for acceleration blablabla the best thing i can advise u 2 do is, engine conversion (big money minimum 3grand) otherwise the basic I/H/E (soz 4got your a noob, IHE stands for, INTAKE HEADERS AND EXHAUST) dont bother with boost since your auto...

kazam
09-01-2008, 11:21 PM
there seems 2 be alot of these threads popping up,

BUT YEH come on man think 2 your self, u drive an auto car (already a downstep wen it comes 2 performance) u drive a very weak honda (not even vti) u already tell us u struggle up hills with the aircon on i mean come on bro hahaha do u c potential? if your happy with the looks of the car and u think it may have potential there then sure make it look nicer, but since your looking for acceleration blablabla the best thing i can advise u 2 do is, engine conversion (big money minimum 3grand) otherwise the basic I/H/E (soz 4got your a noob, IHE stands for, INTAKE HEADERS AND EXHAUST) dont bother with boost since your auto...

yeh i agree with this guy
;)