PDA

View Full Version : EJ Front conversion to EG

XP02ED
08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Has anyone done this?

Converted the EJ civic coupe's with an EG front..

I know the US have coupe's for EG already.. to bad aus didnt get them.. but any1 know if its been done? and pics?

thebob
12-01-2008, 04:56 PM
edited

VTi_b0i
12-01-2008, 05:19 PM
no...hes saying cause we dont get the EG coupe here, he wants to put an EG front on a EJ8...
i like the sound of that man... i rekon itd look sweet :thumbsup:

dupac->
12-01-2008, 05:41 PM
yeah fcken oaf it would look hawt.

f&f style
lol

EKVTIR-T
12-01-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.jkemppainen.com/up/Owen%20Starsky%20&%20Hutch%20Signature%20Do%20It.jpg

dupac->
12-01-2008, 05:47 PM
LOLOLOL^^^^^^^

:thumbsup:

XP02ED
12-01-2008, 10:26 PM
im thinking of doing it.. gna go grab some fenders and lights once i get it and see how it goes and if it fits.. just seeing if any1 has done it.. so i can get some advice

Player_Hater
12-01-2008, 11:15 PM
any1 have any pics?? ... courious 2 see what it looks like

dupac->
12-01-2008, 11:29 PM
go rent or downlad the fast and the furious..

and its the 3 black civcs at the beginning.

z3lda
12-01-2008, 11:32 PM
i owned an eg coupe, their not THAT rare.

Samo
13-01-2008, 12:08 AM
ill swap my eg front with ur ej front lol

so we both have front end conversions :P

dupac->
13-01-2008, 01:02 AM

i have yet to see one.

so pretty rare for me.

XP02ED
13-01-2008, 08:21 AM
haha samo, why not :P

dupac. i second that!

ive alwaiz liked em..

mykool_itr
13-01-2008, 10:51 AM
mans these eg coupe looks alright. Only saw one in melb thats it and never to be seen again

XP02ED
13-01-2008, 11:07 AM
well the thing was with me buying a car..

i love the EG front.. but love the coupe body shape..

and the EG coupe are hard to find.. so im thinking.. why not do a change.. although trying to do my research first.. and seeing if any1 done one from an em/ej yet

Fo55il
13-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Man - if u do it n are succesful im gon buy a coupe n do it too ..

eg coupe = Love of my life ... after punani

But i have looked wide n far for them in melbounre and have seen justa handful ...

i saw d one zelda owned at the workshop and 1 in d city n 1 in glenny ...

but they were stock as Fu*K tho .... so im nto sure what u would do about parts ... body parts etc ...

Bowzer
13-01-2008, 10:53 PM
I will be posting up my genuine EG coupe for sale shortly, if your interested let me know

Fo55il
13-01-2008, 10:54 PM
HAAHaH - bow owns it now hah -

round bout how much would u be lookin for ?

02gzm
14-01-2008, 01:51 PM
there was one for sale in brisbane about a year ago now with a turbo h22 conversion. sold for like 20g heh

Kiz_EG6
14-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I will be posting up my genuine EG coupe for sale shortly, if your interested let me know

Will you swap it plus cash for yellow DC2R??

Kiz_EG6
14-01-2008, 02:36 PM
im thinking of doing it.. gna go grab some fenders and lights once i get it and see how it goes and if it fits.. just seeing if any1 has done it.. so i can get some advice

You will need a radiator support to fit the headlights and front bar, also a custom bonnet with different hinges to meet up with both the front of the car and the cowling at the back, as they will be completely different, oh and you will also need to modify the back of the fenders or they will look shit when you try and match them with ej doors, also, i doubt that the panels will bolt up clean to the chassis, so you will need some modding there... it would be far more difficult than a audm DC2 to jdm conversion.
not deliberately being negative, but just know what you are up for before you get into it!!
It may work out better to buy a jap coupe rear and try and marry it up to an AUDM EG front and get it all engineered, dunno how simalar the chassis are, but it may be just a matter of cutting the rear panels etc off and welding up the newies!!

Show me 50+ in aus and i will believe you that they are not that rare!!

XP02ED
14-01-2008, 02:57 PM
well, if i do take this up.. i will only be doing the front.. rear will remain as ej/em rear with a few aftermarket stuff

Still doing more research.. but i can understand about the radiator.. that wont be a big issue.. just need to lower the brackets! hopefully!

guess it wont look flush.. but thats when i get it fixed up by a panel beater or so forth.. :D

Kiz_EG6
14-01-2008, 03:02 PM
well, if i do take this up.. i will only be doing the front.. rear will remain as ej/em rear with a few aftermarket stuff

Still doing more research.. but i can understand about the radiator.. that wont be a big issue.. just need to lower the brackets! hopefully!

guess it wont look flush.. but thats when i get it fixed up by a panel beater or so forth.. :D

Man, unless you have an endless money pit, DO IT RIGHT THE 1ST TIME, don't stuff it and expect that a panel beater can just fix it, it's not that easy (or cheap) they will most likely have to undo most of the ork anyway, to get a real good finish.
If you are serious, do some research, even measure up different parts, look for ppl who have done simalar conversions before, save yourself the hassle of having a finished product you are unhappy about!!

XP02ED
14-01-2008, 03:21 PM
i sold my dc5R..

i have bought an EG sedan panels and lights from the wreckers.. only cost me $300

i got all the EG parts ready.. im looking to buy a cheap em/ej.. which ive found 4 im gna be looking at this wed.. thurs and frid.. hopefully ill have everything started by the weekend

although saying this, im gna be starting with the interior strip first.. ive done my research.. cant find that much.. as most info are US based and its irrelevant.. there is no doing it right the first time.. ill be learning as i go.. unless someone whos done it lets me know exactly what ill have issues with..

plan is..

em/ej Chassis
Em/EJ REAR..
EG FRONT
EK9 Interior

off course theres gna be alot of modding.. but thats what im here for

thebob
14-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Ek9 interior fits everywhere, even a EK hatch rollcage fits the EM/ EJ. You will have no problem with the interior.

Front end, Bonnet should mount the same, the Ek and JDM DC2 is the same so i cant see why the EG would be different. To make the 1/4 panels fit you will need to cut just behind the light but IN FRONT of the start of the flare for the wheel. You will see what i mean when you pull the EK radiator support off and put the EG one on and line it all up. Its not overly hard, just time consuming. Best way to do 1/4's is bolt everything up lights, front bar, bonnet, then take the car to panel shop and let them weld the guards up to suite. Unless you know how to seemweld. A situation like this the front end will be a talking point of your car so people will be looking at it, so its better to get the fidely stuff done by someone who knows what they are doing.

hondavti25
15-01-2008, 12:12 AM
the ej8 is already hot enough same with the em1 :) an eg coupe be cool though

XP02ED
15-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Its personaly preference, the only reason why i still want an EG is coz of how it looks. the EK big lights doesnt fancy me.. thats why i want to change it to EG front ;D im not the JDM fanboy... i like my body kits

thanks thebob, ill check it out.. ill be doing all the labour work.. but if its outta my league ill pay someone..

this will include expansions or cutting fender or anything.. fibreglassing anything that needs to be fibreglassed to cover gaps.. as well as painting..

i can see your doing your project with a JDM teg front :D gl with that! im subscribed to your project ;D

Fo55il
15-01-2008, 08:18 AM
eg coupe is my dream (achievable) car. Please do a DIY. this is sumthin im sure alot of ppl would be interested in ... EM looks hot but i prefer d eg front ...

Finally sum1 doing sumthin different ...

Paul1985
15-01-2008, 08:29 AM
i would be doing a JDM DC2 front, screw the EG front lol.

Be sure to post up progress and pics!
Love to see it.

thebob's info is the best advice i read and i know his doing similar.
If you take that info into consideration and have some spare $$$, you should be fine.

XP02ED
15-01-2008, 09:26 AM
thanks guys ;D hopefully all goes well.. although this project is gna take a few months :P My priority atm is the interior then the outside! just easier for me to mod thats why..

although i do have the necassry parts already assembled and will prefit it.. if its easier than i think then ill do it straight away.. looking to buy another run around car while this gets stripped and modded..

My budget for the exterior is about 3k. this is for labour etc.. lucky i got friends who are in the industry for panel beating and painting! this budget wont consist of the parts.. as i already have the fenders, bonnets, bar and lights.. wiring should be quite easy with the lights..

Ill be posing like ur progress Paul :P but prolly not as much ahahha

Bowzer
15-01-2008, 11:13 AM
HAAHaH - bow owns it now hah -

round bout how much would u be lookin for ?

8k its yours

Bowzer
15-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Will you swap it plus cash for yellow DC2R??

just looking to sell really... why waste your money on a conversion on a sedan when you can get the real deal :p

XP02ED
15-01-2008, 11:34 AM
i woulda taken it if it wasnt auto :P

Kiz_EG6
15-01-2008, 11:49 AM
just looking to sell really... why waste your money on a conversion on a sedan when you can get the real deal :p

Fair enough man, well i will be VERY interested in it if i can move the R before that!

Are you able to PM me some detaiils of the car, what colour, engine etc...

BaNaNaMaN
15-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Eg coupes :thumbsup:

Heres a mates one when he owned it.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/Bananaman_666/ianf14tg.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/Bananaman_666/nzpc6fm.jpg

I always thought the coupe shares it's front with a hatch not sedan.

XP02ED
15-01-2008, 01:17 PM
they look nice.. is he selling ;D oh wait re-read DAMN! its gone!

PS.. looks like the bonnet doesnt sit on

BaNaNaMaN
15-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Bonnet is spaced for the H22a Turbo Vtec in there :p

(first pic is bolted on the latches and touches the engine therefore lifting the front corner. Second one is with the back spaced so bonnet doesn't touch the engine)

Sydsyd
15-01-2008, 01:54 PM
I always thought the coupe shares it's front with a hatch not sedan.

if i remember right, the coupe shares its front with the hatch and the rear with the sedan:)

BaNaNaMaN
15-01-2008, 04:54 PM
If you do the swap you are also going to need the bracket on the right of this picture that the gaurd bolts up to and the bumper mounts upto.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e182/Bananaman_666/_DSC1492.jpg

thebob
15-01-2008, 05:20 PM
No, because the the length is different between Ek and EG, a custom bracket will be needed.

XP02ED
15-01-2008, 05:33 PM
thebob, where u get ur CTR door trims?

if i change the dash, will stock door trims fit?

If i change to CTR door trims.. does the stock switch and handle fit? or i need to get all this at the same time?

BaNaNaMaN
15-01-2008, 05:44 PM
No, because the the length is different between Ek and EG, a custom bracket will be needed.

Thats weird. In your previous post you say the radiator support will fit so why not just mount the bracket (welded or bolted) on the sides reletive to the radiator support so it the bumper etc would bolt up to all the "factory" points like it would on an EG.

Not having done it myself I am not talking from experience but rather seems to make sense to me that if you use the radiator support you should be able to use those brackets

thebob
15-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Because the length of the panel from the tyre forward to the back of the light is different between the models. I know from what im doing that the JDM ITR is about 15cm longer in the front then the EK.

CTR door trims are the same man, they are just red arm rest and black vinal. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE OTHER THEN THE COLOUR CODING. What do you mean change the dash? Then ENTIER CTR interior is the same as your normal EK hatch, just different colour coding. There is exceptions to what i just said but nothing major. EG the Climate control on the CTR 96 98 doesnt have a clock where as the AUDM civic does thus meaning you dont need to plug in the clock wire.

XP02ED
15-01-2008, 09:58 PM
ah sweet thanks for clearing that up...

looking to get the 99 EK9 Dash with climate control and the double din thing coz it looks alot better than what we have here.. clock wont matter if u got an aftermarket head unit i guess

Dy_
16-01-2008, 12:20 AM
ah sweet thanks for clearing that up...

looking to get the 99 EK9 Dash with climate control and the double din thing coz it looks alot better than what we have here.. clock wont matter if u got an aftermarket head unit i guess

you're gonna find that pretty hard

XP02ED
16-01-2008, 07:52 AM
why do u say that? u saying im not capable?

Mugen_B16B
16-01-2008, 09:36 AM
its just remove the dash, change the blow heat and air con over, change some small things ova from the dash, and ur done, just time consuming thats all

Dy_
16-01-2008, 12:02 PM
why do u say that? u saying im not capable?

nuh i was saying its hard to get all the parts. at least i was told so.

XP02ED
16-01-2008, 12:08 PM
mugen_b16b is providing me the whole dash.. just waiting for him to wrap it up and sending it over.. from what ive been told and researched ill have everything needed for the conversion.. hopefully i have it all done in the next 2 weeks then will come with the flooring.. trims.. all converted to ek4/ek9 trims.. carpet is hopefully from an ek9 if i can source or ill get one custom moulded..

Dy_
16-01-2008, 12:28 PM
cars gonna look sex mate.

should try and get one moulded just so you can have a brand new carpet.

thebob
16-01-2008, 05:32 PM
There is a feller on here selling a brand new EK9 carpet, he is from BNE, Kenseng or something...

XP02ED
16-01-2008, 08:44 PM
thanks on heads up on that. i pmed him! do uno if the rear panel from an ek4/ek9 will fit on the em/ej ? i think it wont.. coz of the boot.. but uve done sumtin to turn it black.

Mugen_B16B
17-01-2008, 09:40 AM
try and contact 3ncore i think or something, hes from melb, he has carpet and matts if i can recall, and justin is the one selling the brand new carpet up here in brissy, have u thought of getting dc2r carpet since its black and trying to make it fit, black on black would look pretty slick

XP02ED
17-01-2008, 09:45 AM
hahah, i want red.. i loved my dc5R interior.. red carpet.. red mats.. so ill copy that look :P

PS hurry and box it up and get dimensions! :P jk no rush!

Mugen_B16B
17-01-2008, 09:48 AM
hahaha not easy finding a big enough box lol

Fo55il
17-01-2008, 05:36 PM
bows eg coupe is for sale

XP02ED
17-01-2008, 07:01 PM
bows eg coupe is for sale

to bad its auto.. and blue ;D

i want a black or white car ;D

Fo55il
17-01-2008, 07:59 PM
mm the money u gon spend u could, respray to waht ever u wanted + conversion is easy ...

he could hook it up for u 2 .. haha

but then again youll be more proud of your project + when u do a diy on d front im gon copy you hard :P

thebob
17-01-2008, 09:14 PM
I painted my trims black and chopped off the flap bit to make my roll cage fit.

misteR_bilzz
17-01-2008, 09:23 PM
dude paint your trims or get ek4 ones so theyre black and hit up ebay for some inserts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-Civic-Type-R-Door-Panel-Inserts-RED-96-00-New_W0QQitemZ200192126938QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item2 00192126938

XP02ED
20-01-2008, 12:40 PM
thanks dude.. i decided im gna paint the whole interior parts to black..

gta find out best way.. i used vinyl paint previsouly.. might do the same thing again.. but dunno how i will be painting it.. i want a black and red interior.. i may paint some stuff silver.. like the dc5R silver.. not chrome! ie door handles.. but the whole dash will be left black :S

but first comes first.. the DASH! waiting for me dash to come

Mugen_B16B
20-01-2008, 03:52 PM
ur getting the ek4 dash right from petronas?

XP02ED
20-01-2008, 05:04 PM
nope he aint replying.. wiating for u to pack it!