PDA

View Full Version : has anyone diy'd their jazz?

dc
20-08-2004, 12:14 PM
1. has anyone tried taking out the front/stereo console?
ive gone so far as undoing the last two screws for the console brackets but cant bring myself to pull it out cus theres a bit of resistance. The foto instructions from the other posts are pretty good...

2. has anyone with cvt disconnected the battery and pluged back in? had any problems with the tranny after?

3. for those complaining the headlights are bright up to ~50m then nothing after.....if u havent tried/figured already, u can adjust the up/down beam from the nut right next to the h4 bulb...follow the steps for changing the h4 to get to it.

Jus-10
20-08-2004, 12:53 PM
With the resistance removing the audio panel, have you disconnected the ventilation arm connecter thingy. It's a metal rod.

dc
20-08-2004, 03:02 PM
metal rod?
dunno what part ur talkin abt but if its the three metal wire thingys ive unhooked and unclipped them already.
guess i could try unscrew the climate ctrl dials...but its not mentioned anywhere n doesnt look necessary.
have u actually done this b4?

petrovski
21-08-2004, 03:43 PM
yeah, i did it with the guy that installed the hands free kit bc he had to do it and i wanted to do it.

the reason why there is a large amout of resistance is bc there are a 1001 of those metal clips. If you pull hard enough it will come out and you will NOT break anything i assure you as long as you pull off the airconditiong leads/rods/wires (whatever you want to call them) first and undo the 2 screws. Once you feel it coming you can just pull it out.

to put it back in the clips just push back in and hold it and you can do everything back up again. I reckon it could be taken out in about 5 minutes once you have done it a couple of times.

Pete :)

felixR
23-08-2004, 10:13 PM
has anybody cut out the resonators from the airbox?

Sp00n
24-08-2004, 09:11 PM
nope.. not yet

felixR
27-08-2004, 11:52 PM
nope.. not yet
yeh it's a sign for u to do it :p
so u can give reviews to everyone =P

petrovski
28-08-2004, 10:39 AM
i have been thinking about it

you can split the box in half i.e split into top and bottom

so from the top it would stock but there would be no bottom

the 3 boxes would still be there but the race track for teh air to get to the filter would be gone.

So, you could run a pipe under the stuck box straight to the filter.

Pete :)