PDA

View Full Version : LSD conversion

Cvik_ryda
10-01-2008, 10:22 AM
hallo everyone
can u convert a non lsd box to lsd box?? whats the step? and is it worth converting or buy a oem LSD box? Thanks in advance

aimre
10-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I have.
You buy and LSD, and u put it in.

thats all

panda[cRx]
10-01-2008, 03:33 PM
yeh what he said pretty much.
they just fit in a standard box, there are plenty of b-series options but i doubt there would be many H or D series diffs out there.

as for cost i guess it depends if you already have the trans u are planning on using. it would usualyl be cheaper to buy a box with the lsd already fitted than to retrofit

Cold Fusion
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
google LSD and youll either get drugs or car stuff, i dont think it would be that hard to determine which one ur after...

IZY-10
10-01-2008, 11:08 PM
first of all what kind of gearbox is it for? Not worth it if you have a long gear ratio box imo

Cvik_ryda
11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
H22A box from JDM 96 Lude. like AIMRE said, i thought u just buy the LSD and wack it in but some of our e-machenic said im a fool so i just want to double check. But its clear now. Thanks guys

IZY-10
11-01-2008, 11:22 AM
H22A box from JDM 96 Lude. like AIMRE said, i thought u just buy the LSD and wack it in but some of our e-machenic said im a fool so i just want to double check. But its clear now. Thanks guys

i think that is the only part you need to install it as well. As far as i am aware of

ZeForce
11-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I converted my gearbox to LSD, not hard at all if you have tools and know what you are doing. All you need is the LSD unit and you can just transfer the original final drive, bearings and VSS ring gear. I had to get a workshop to remove the bearings and press them onto the LSD. I used a OBX LSD only cost me AU$500 for B16a gearbox, they make one for the H22a gearbox as well but it is a bit more expensive though roughly AU$570 shipped, PM me if you want the link for it.