PDA

View Full Version : DIY : CHECK ECU for j00 !

bennjamin
20-08-2004, 07:26 PM
Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Hi guys ! Car running not-so-hot ? Most of our cars being Electronically-fuel-injected...any problem that can happen to our vehicles is usually derived from a malfunctioning sensor SOMEWHERE along the line.
So...here is a normally sure-fire way to quickly test your cars ECU , for any ECU codes which can tell of problem areas.

Aim: Here is a normally sure-fire way to quickly test your cars ECU , for any ECU codes which can tell of problem areas - of which is quick , easy and inexpensive which anyone here can do :)

Required: Yourself...and a small paper clip or similar object - such as a length of audio wire , tweezers etc.

http://tech.ozhonda.com/diy/eg_ecu/IMG_4391.jpg
As shown , I have choosen to use a paper clip stretched around to make a nice lil connecting handle of sorts.

Steps:
First , produce the DIY connector pin.
Next , place keys into your ignition , turned completley OFF.

Locate the 2 wire connector , located in the left-hand-side , inbetween the ECU location , and the bottom-left lip of the glove compartment.
http://tech.ozhonda.com/diy/eg_ecu/IMG_4394.jpg

Pull yourself underneath this are as it will be alittle hard to locate - look for a large bright green *shown* connector holder - and pull out the connector with the 2 wires , one been brown , and the other is green and white.
http://tech.ozhonda.com/diy/eg_ecu/IMG_4393.jpg

Next , place the DIY clip-connector into the 2 small bottom holes of the connector - completing the circuit and enabling the ECU's scan mode.
http://tech.ozhonda.com/diy/eg_ecu/IMG_4395.jpg

Finally...places your hands upon the ignition key- turn to ON *not start* - as you usually do to enable the fuel pump etc.
http://tech.ozhonda.com/diy/eg_ecu/IMG_4397.jpg
The engine check light should now come on either numerous times , or hopefully not at all - signifying one or more ECU codes that your engine is currently experiencing...letting you source the problem and replace say a sensor before it costs u alot of $$$

To READ the codes , observe the amount of "blips" and type - for example , a code 6 *ECT* would be like - "...blip...blip...blip..blip...blip...blip...STOP" *repeat*

A code 23 would be ofcourse 2 long blips followed by 3 single blips in a row , then a short pause before repeating OR throwing another code.

IT is perfectly possible to have multiple codes - for example - code 3 + code 17 + code 6....would be represented by 3 blips *PAUSE* then 1 long blip then 7 short blips *PAUSE* then another 6 short blips. *repeat*

Other comments
Below , is the basic codes relative to MY civic - and pretty much most hondas from 92-00.

If in doubt...take it to a mechanic !

1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
2 O2B - Oxygen sensor #2
3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
4 CKP - crank position sensor
5 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
6 ECT - water temperature sensor
7 TPS - throttle position sensor
8 TDC - top dead centre sensor
9 CYP - cylinder sensor
10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor
12 EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve
13 BARO - atmospheric pressure sensor
14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve
15 Ignition output signal
16 Fuel injectors
17 VSS - speed sensor
19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve
20 Electrical load detector
21 VTEC spool solenoid valve
22 VTEC pressure valve
23 Knock sensor
30 Automatic transmission A signal
31 Automatic transmission B signal
36 traction control found on JDM ecu's
41 Primary oxygen sensor heater
43 Fuel supply system
45 Fuel system too rich or lean
48 LAF - lean air fuel sensor
54 CKF - crank fluctuation sensor
58 TDC sensor #2
61 Primary oxygen sensor
63 Secondary oxygen sensor
65 Secondary oxygen sensor heater
71 random misfire cylinder 1
72 random misfire cylinder 2
73 random misfire cylinder 3
74 random misfire cylinder 4

wynode
20-08-2004, 09:22 PM
Great work ben!

bigteethygrin
21-08-2004, 08:25 PM
if your warning lights havent come on and ya cars still running crap then the ecu wont have any errors logged and so I think would likely show you nothing.

ECU-MAN
21-08-2004, 10:18 PM
great work Ben. this should be checked every service. not only for the PGMFI health but more so to see if any codes apear in the SRS, 4WS, ABS systems.

wynode
22-08-2004, 12:47 AM
if your warning lights havent come on and ya cars still running crap then the ecu wont have any errors logged and so I think would likely show you nothing.
I've read that 3 times and i'm finding the comment very vague!?!

The above mentioned ECU does not 'log' any errors, but rather it is a self diagnostic mode used for......well diagnostics.

bennjamin
22-08-2004, 01:13 AM
to add....most of these "diagnostic codes" are not known until you actually log onto the ECU via this DIY way or on a actual diagnostic tool.
More so the point of this - is to diagnose problem areas before they result in greater things i suppose.

Javed
27-10-2004, 03:49 PM
My light seemed to stay lit whne I did this. Any ideas? DC4 teg

bigteethygrin
27-10-2004, 06:18 PM
I've read that 3 times and i'm finding the comment very vague!?!

The above mentioned ECU does not 'log' any errors, but rather it is a self diagnostic mode used for......well diagnostics.
sorry to be vague..

I meant that a faulty sensor will throw an error on your ecu.. then you will see your warning lamp lite up.. once its lit then you can follow the above procedure to discover what is actually wrong with it. If the warning lamp isnt lit then the ecu has not detected any errors including sensor failures.

The procedure above doesnt actually force your ecu to run through a series of diagnostic tests but instead it makes your ecu display errors logged from detected sensor failure during operation. Or other failures for that matter.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works.. the procedure is great though!.. I have used it myself to diagnose my 4WS probs. The 4WS prob is an example of where the warning lamp was already lit and the procedure above was used to diagnose why it was lit.

Hence (provided all dash light bulbs are working) if you dont have a warning lamp already lit up on your dash then the procedure above wont really do anything for you.

wynode
27-10-2004, 10:54 PM
Also remember, after fixing the source of the problem, you need to reset your ECU to loose the CEL code

ECU-MAN
27-10-2004, 11:02 PM
My light seemed to stay lit whne I did this. Any ideas? DC4 teg

then there is no fault.

Javed
27-10-2004, 11:17 PM
lol. seems odd, my car is using oil (probably leaking it somewhere) like a bitch.

SiR JDM
02-11-2004, 03:42 PM
I think my engine check light has been cut (by the bastard mechanic >_< ) anyway, this wont work for me any other way if the engine check light is cut?

ECU-MAN
02-11-2004, 07:19 PM
I think my engine check light has been cut (by the bastard mechanic >_< ) anyway, this wont work for me any other way if the engine check light is cut?
depends, if you got an OBD0 ECU you have an LED on the ECU which blinks out the codes, or you will be needing to fix your MIL ( globe )

SiR JDM
03-11-2004, 09:08 AM
I have a JDM SIR b16aII .. so whichever ecu that uses?
Im not too sure anymore after I read some whack shit on the net bout SIR ecus

How hard would it be to fix my MIL (globe) Ecu man?
I have a globe out around the 120 mark on my cluster.. not like i ever need to see that speed in the dark :P but it just annoys me that lil dark patch.
Is it hard to replace the globes? are the globes expensive?

ECU-MAN
03-11-2004, 09:38 PM
not really, once you got the cluster out, you just pull the globes out from the back PCB. when you 1st turn on the IGN to the II position the MIL shoudl come on for 6 sec or so then go out. depending on your ecu ( take a photo of the connectors ) you need to ensure the MIL wire goes to the globe. it may not be wired or not have a globe in the cluster. post a photo and we go from there :)

SiR JDM
04-11-2004, 08:30 AM
Alright cool thanx, ill get onto it and post come pics =]

SPEEDCORE
10-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Guys I checked the ECU on the girlfriends EK4 a few mins ago but it was not the CEL that did the flashing.... it was the ABS!

Is this the same?

Also I got 61 16 and 18 :( I'm wondering what the 18 is for.

Ok so I got O2 sensor and Injector codes.... what would you recommend be the first things to do short of replacing the 02 sensor, and getting the injectors cleaned and checked?

Just unplug and check connectors are clean and reconnect?

ECU-MAN
10-03-2005, 07:53 PM
PGMFI and ABS fault codes are different.
how sure are you about code 16 ???
anyway code 18=
High Presure system
so thinngs that could be at fault
-Accumulator gas leakage
-changed relife valve set pressure
-rear outlet solenoid vale late to close
-changed pressure switch set pressure

code 61 fail safe relay

posible cause
-fail safe relay stuck on
-short to power in the solenoid drive circuits between the fail safe relay and ABS control unit
- faulty relay drive transistor ( in ABS ecu )
-short to power in the relay drive circuit between the fail safe relay and ABS ecu ECU

you need to test the output of your O2 sensor, to do this properly you need some kind of waveform viewer. or other wise get an O2 LED tester from Jaycar Electronics. see how responsive the O2 sensor is.

what fault code did you get for the injectors.

SPEEDCORE
10-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Ok I'm getting confused now..... so if the ABS light is the one that does the flashing instead of the CEL, it is a seperate set of codes to the ones listed on page one? I may have been reading the codes inncorrectly if so.

Anyway, with the fail safe relay, what specifically does it do?

We have been experiencing some difficulty starting the car in the last month. What's has been happening is that we put the key in turn to ACC then to ON where I always wait for the fuel pump to prime itself (the hummmmm then click sound), then once it clicks I turn the key to START but there is nothing, no clicking, no tell tale signs of the starter being screwed (it is about 7 months old) and the battery is fully charged about 1 month old. I then have to take the key all the way back to OFF then try again.

It doesn't happen all the time however.

Thoughts.... we can start a new thread to save clogging this thread up with these specific probs.

ECU-MAN
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
yes ABS codes are different to PGMFI codes. there seperate systems.

the fail safe relays remove ground from the ABS modulator solenoids when activated. the ecu does this to revert back to normal braking due to some king of ABS failure.

its not fun driving a car that vents high pressure brake fluid to the master cylinder

also sounds like your main PGMFI relay needs some TLC

Bludger
11-03-2005, 01:14 AM
so how do you bring it back to normal operating mode?

ECU-MAN
12-03-2005, 10:18 PM
you fix the problem

z3lda
13-03-2005, 04:55 PM
the del sol doesn has two blue plugs with one having 2wries(brown/black) and the other having 3wires.

so where do i plug the papaer clip in/??

ECU-MAN
13-03-2005, 08:05 PM
two wire connector
dont touch the 3 wire connector, you could damage the ECU by shorting that one

z3lda
13-03-2005, 09:18 PM
the connector with black/brown wire? isnt that ground wire or something?

ECU-MAN
14-03-2005, 10:38 PM
does it have a blue connector, is it located on the LHF kick pannel ?

z3lda
14-03-2005, 11:11 PM
yea, behind the carpet is the ecu then theres a green double plug unit.
in it has two little blue plug units
first blue unit has 2 wires brown/black
second blue unit has 3 wires which u told me not to touch

ECU-MAN
14-03-2005, 11:12 PM
yep then the two pin connector is the one you want

Blk-Em1
22-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey guy was wondering just did the test and there were two lights flashing, the abs light and the engine light. do you know what is wrong when the asb light flashes? and also which is the oxegen sensor #1? because thats the only problem it indicates with the engine light. thanks

ECU-MAN
22-03-2005, 05:41 PM
audm Hondas only have 1 o2 sensor, unless you got a 88-91 prelude, or a V6.
ABS could be anything, how many flashes did you get for tyhe ABS

Blk-Em1
22-03-2005, 10:04 PM
I got a few codes for the abs they were like 18, and a few other numbers in the 60s and 70s
and also which 02 sensor are you talking about? the exhaust or the air intake sensor?

Spoon-Accord
23-03-2005, 06:33 PM
i got the codes 6,12,20,22

:D

i dunno wats wrong.. but hey!
Keny

bennjamin
23-03-2005, 06:40 PM
i got the codes 6,12,20,22

i dunno wats wrong.. but hey!
Keny

with ur current ECU....wait for ECU MAN to reply or get onto HT or similar , and see what those apply for accord ECU :)

Spoon-Accord
23-03-2005, 07:11 PM
ahh okay.. ECU-MAN.. i know ur lerking around somewhere

Kenny

ECU-MAN
23-03-2005, 09:06 PM
12 EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve
20 Electrical load detector
22 VTEC pressure valve

code 6, coz your sensor could be faulty

code 12, coz you put a H22 in your Accord, but did you also install the EGR solenoid ??

code 20, coz Accords CD5 doesnt have ELD unit in the under dash fues box

code 22, I dont thing your engine has a Vtec pressure switch, if it does then make sure its wired up.

just remember that the ecu you are using is looking for these sensors that are not connected or do not exist in your car. best way around this would be to can the P13 and go for a P30 and a nice tune on a dyno :)

ECU-MAN
23-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I got a few codes for the abs they were like 18, and a few other numbers in the 60s and 70s
and also which 02 sensor are you talking about? the exhaust or the air intake sensor?

dude there is only 1 type of O2 sensor, always found on the exhaust side of the car. the intake as a few other sensors, like MAP, IAT, TPS.

also with your code 18 read post 18 in this thread
you need to be more spacific with your 60's and 70's codes if you want to know more about them

Spoon-Accord
23-03-2005, 11:52 PM
yo yo john.. reckon u can sorce me somehting. so i can make my car tunable??

P30 u think?? hook a brother up..

when i get something new.. i send down the spoon chip..

Blk-Em1
24-03-2005, 07:54 AM
does this mean that the exhaust o2sensor has to be replaced?

tRipitaka
24-03-2005, 09:13 AM
yo yo john.. reckon u can sorce me somehting. so i can make my car tunable??

P30 u think?? hook a brother up..

when i get something new.. i send down the spoon chip..

Ain't P30 used for b16a ?
That's what my ECU is I think...

Spoon-Accord
24-03-2005, 09:51 AM
yeh.. i can't make the P13 tunable..

so they used a P30 from ur car or engine..
and make it tunable! :P

Kenny

tegboy
11-04-2005, 04:46 PM
I did this paperclip trick, and I got no flashes, which I figured was a good thing. I then unplugged my O2 sensor to make sure I was doing it right.

With the O2 sensor unpluggedm I still didn't get it to throw any error codes??? Shouldn't it throw an error code?

ECU-MAN
11-04-2005, 09:13 PM
depends, if your got a one wire O2 sensor you will need to drive your car for a while for it to come on, if you have a 4 wire o2 sensor you should get a code straight away, code 41, o2 heater.

if you had no codes, its alll good, as long as the light stayed on.

tegboy
15-04-2005, 02:34 PM
depends, if your got a one wire O2 sensor you will need to drive your car for a while for it to come on, if you have a 4 wire o2 sensor you should get a code straight away, code 41, o2 heater.

Its a single wire O2 sensor. Nah the light didn't even come on. It comes on when I start the car, but that's it! Hmmmmm, is my car working as it should be.

wynode
15-04-2005, 11:27 PM
Its a single wire O2 sensor. Nah the light didn't even come on. It comes on when I start the car, but that's it! Hmmmmm, is my car working as it should be.

Vivski
17-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Did the test this morning. Got warning code 15 - "Ignition output signal".

Not sure what this means and whether or not it's something I should be worried about.

I've found the troubleshooting procedure in the workshop manual, but it doesn't really explain what the error reported means.

EDIT: Well, I reset the ECU and it seems to have disappeared. So that's good.... I think. :p

Alpine
10-06-2005, 08:02 AM
Out of sight out of mind, eh? ;)

asiansquad
10-06-2005, 12:02 PM
where did u get the ecu codes from?? what would the codes be for a jazz?

incoming
20-07-2005, 07:58 AM

is this true?.. my engine light has been coming on at random times
when i turn car off the light just goes away

do i need to wait for the light to come on? or turn the car off and test the paper clip?

wynode
20-07-2005, 05:20 PM
is this true?.. my engine light has been coming on at random times
when i turn car off the light just goes away

do i need to wait for the light to come on? or turn the car off and test the paper clip?

If it came on once, then do th test and check the code. You will have to reset the ECU to get rid of the code :)

civiceg9
07-08-2005, 10:34 PM
I just got my car back from the panels.
While driving sometimes the engine lights go on. other times I don't.

I didn't have this problem before. what could it be?

ECU-MAN
07-08-2005, 10:51 PM
check your computers for codes

could be anything.

ecu will get you started in the right direction

destrukshn
08-08-2005, 05:51 PM
i got a code
19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve
what is that?
where is it located and what does it do?

ECU-MAN
08-08-2005, 09:41 PM
its located on the Auto transmission.
you will find 4 solenoids on the outside, front of the tranny

shift A & B
AT Lockup A & B

the PGMFI ecu locks up the torque converter at certain RPMs and speed using these two solenoids.

wuism
08-08-2005, 11:08 PM
hey.. i have engine codes 15 and 9.... car has engine lights on when driving.. and sometimes chugs a bit.... any1 have any ideas? eg si btw..

thx

ECU-MAN
08-08-2005, 11:14 PM
dahm
code 15 is a bit of a bitch to diagnose

code 9 is CYP Cylinder position sensor.

just a guess but your dizzy may be on its way out

wuism
08-08-2005, 11:32 PM
jebus... yeh.. thought it might be the dizzy.. it was making squeels... then.. later.. knocking on the cover...

ECU-MAN
08-08-2005, 11:38 PM
yeah your dizzy is rooted

the bearing has failed, the CYP pick up is hitting the sensor
next she will seize up

wuism
08-08-2005, 11:41 PM
thx for the help mate

much appreciated...

j0nbubz
09-08-2005, 12:32 AM
nice DIY..

civiceg9
25-08-2005, 09:50 PM
Just did the ECU check
it code 43 Fuel supply system

so could it be the O2 sensor
or the Fuel Filter or Injectors?
I have no idea :confused:

HyperZ
14-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Nice DIY, does it apply to EK/DC's as well?

bennjamin
14-11-2005, 02:05 PM
Nice DIY, does it apply to EK/DC's as well?

Yes , but please check with the location of the ECU connection - it maybe slightly different or a different location to my EG civic.

YELLOWDC2R
29-11-2005, 11:56 AM
My ABS light stays on and it register fault code 54. What's the error?

The car is 99 Integra Type R Aus Spec

civ_sik
23-12-2005, 09:59 PM
mine says 22 VTEC pressure valve

any ideas?

ECU-MAN
23-12-2005, 10:20 PM
you have a problem with your VTEC pressure Valve

ECU-MAN
24-12-2005, 10:17 PM
from the factory it will be plugged into a rubber holder along with the 3 pin DLC. if the last dude to play with it didnt put it back in there then it couls be floating around.

Dxs
22-01-2006, 05:06 PM
i have an ef8 with a b16a1.. which i presume is OBD0

so do i still pull out the plug and put in a pin to bridge it but instead check the ecu for a light??

edit: just tested it out... made no difference at all compaired to not being bridged.. engine like flashes once and so does the ecu light when key is turned to on.. i guess it is all fine then

ECU-MAN
22-01-2006, 09:00 PM
you go by the ecu light for fault codes, like you saw, one quick blink, that means there is nothing in there

Cold Fusion
03-02-2006, 02:18 PM
i have a da9, i was wondering, how do u reset the ECU after ive done the DIY ECU check?

thanks, im about to go do it, wish me luck lol

Cold Fusion
03-02-2006, 02:34 PM
:confused:

i have NO idea where this green thing is u say where the 2 bit wire thing connects to, i searched and i cant find anyhting even romotly close to it.

where is that in a da9, does anyone know? and what colour are the wires for ours?

Thanks,

civ_sik
18-02-2006, 10:50 PM
if my car has one oxygen sensor and is showing code one id it still applicable?

thanks

ECU-MAN
18-02-2006, 11:30 PM
sure is

Dxs
23-02-2006, 02:11 PM
i have a EF8 b16a1..

error 22 ..
is this also vtec pressue switch or valve?

this would stop vtec kicking in too?

destrukshn
07-04-2006, 10:49 PM
can you do this test on a s2k?
if so, how?

ECU-MAN
07-04-2006, 10:51 PM
same

just jumper the blue 2 pin femail connector

read the flashes on the dash

destrukshn
07-04-2006, 10:53 PM
so take off the left hand side kick panel and it should be threre somewhere?
same colour wires?

ECU-MAN
07-04-2006, 10:58 PM
its actually in the drivers side, under the dash inline with the clutch pedal

the connector sits in the green holder that holds the 2 pin SCS connector and the 3 pin DLC connector

you want the 2 pin female connector with brown wires

destrukshn
07-04-2006, 11:00 PM
thank you very much again, mr. you are the shiznit
lol.

BoneZ
01-06-2006, 10:55 PM
hey ecu-man.i have a 94 integra vti-r.i wanted 2 ask.where would my blue 2 pin femail connector be in my car and w0ould the codes uve posed apply 2 my integra??

CRXer
01-06-2006, 11:17 PM
hey ecu-man.i have a 94 integra vti-r.i wanted 2 ask.where would my blue 2 pin femail connector be in my car and w0ould the codes uve posed apply 2 my integra??

Looks exactly same as ben shows in 1st post(green holder with 2 blue plugs),but i think its located more towards firewall above passenger foot well.

Edit:codes already posted by ben,yes they r the same

BoneZ
01-06-2006, 11:30 PM
hey fanks 4 all dah help CRXer...appreciate it...

ECU-MAN
02-06-2006, 12:02 AM
yeah Bonez what CRXer said.

Pasangers kick Pannel in foot well

dynosaur
20-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Excuse me everybody .......

Does it works for JDM DC2 96 Spec ? and how do we define the code from the blips ?

ECU-MAN
20-06-2006, 11:23 PM
yes its the same

long flashes indicate tens
short flashes indicate units

so for eg

two long and 3 short together is code 23

two long on there own is code 20

two short on there own is code 2

there is a pause between codes

weezer
21-06-2006, 10:38 AM
does anyone know what code 68 is?

spardikis
24-06-2006, 10:51 AM
hey ecu man, great info!

just put a jdm type r p73 ecu into my b18c block / type r head. comming up with a code 23 - knock sensor, and a code 20 - eletrical load detector.

the knock sensor isnt a drama, just have to resolder the two internal wires back to its base, but i have no idea where the eletrical load detector is, or how to fix it.

any help is much apreciated. Thanks

CRXer
24-06-2006, 01:10 PM
hey ecu man, great info!

just put a jdm type r p73 ecu into my b18c block / type r head. comming up with a code 23 - knock sensor, and a code 20 - eletrical load detector.

the knock sensor isnt a drama, just have to resolder the two internal wires back to its base, but i have no idea where the eletrical load detector is, or how to fix it.

any help is much apreciated. Thanks

ELD exists in the bottom of the main under hood fuse box.Its a current transformer that informs the ecu of the total elec load being drawn by the car.
I dont have one in my crx,so i didnt hook it up to the ecu,& i still get code 20 all the time but CEL does not stay on.
ECU-MAN reckons no adverse effects from this set up,& i dont seem to be having any,but only done 90kms so far.....

ECU-MAN
24-06-2006, 10:26 PM
yeah dude

dont worry about the ELD

it will be ok

spardikis
25-06-2006, 09:35 PM
also im about to get a hondata and tune. the s200 unit. should i worry about fixing the knock sensor? or do these units not utilies them?

thanks again guys :) :)

ECU-MAN
25-06-2006, 10:24 PM
you should be able to disable it with hondata

Micko
03-10-2006, 06:06 PM
aaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhh i cant find it in my EM1, there is a brown plug plugged into a black box that says GME Relay or somthing, other then that there is not a green plug with 2 pin connector :(!!!!! i even pulled out my glove box just to look for it ffs :(

EDIT: uness its behind all the aircon shit then im really :(

CRXer
03-10-2006, 09:08 PM
aaaaaaaaarhhhhhhhh i cant find it in my EM1, there is a brown plug plugged into a black box that says GME Relay or somthing, other then that there is not a green plug with 2 pin connector :(!!!!! i even pulled out my glove box just to look for it ffs :(

EDIT: uness its behind all the aircon shit then im really :(

Is this a stock VTiR with stock ecu?

Usually a blue 2 pin plug clipped into a green holder with another 3,4 or 5 pin plug next to it.Usually directly below the passenger air vent.

If your really desperate just cut the SCS wire coming out of ecu

C7 on OBD2a(plugs on ecu seperated by a space)
A10 on OBD2b(plugs all side by side)

extend it to a switch & run a ground wire to other pole of switch,& switch on instead of having to short a connector.

SCS is usually a brown wire(sometimes with a stripe) trace it from ecu to find the connector.

Micko
04-10-2006, 08:37 AM
yes it is Stock ECU/Stock Car CRXer, thank you for the information... i know what plug your talking about its just not on the left side of the passenger foot wall so i will check near the centre console.. i shall have a look later today and get back to you,.

khOa`
04-10-2006, 01:14 PM
hey guyz, was tryng to do the ecu test yesterday but had no luck in finding the green holder with 2 blue plugs, all i found was 2 blue plugs hanging loose but didnt have the brown and green wire, but instead one plug has 2 wires black and brown and the other had 3wires light blue, brown and pink. would the blue plug with black and brown be the one im looking for? if it is..
just wondering why would it be hangin loose and could i still use it to perform the ecu test, or are my plugs just located in a completely different location,
thanx

bennjamin
04-10-2006, 01:16 PM
hey guyz, was tryng to do the ecu test yesterday but had no luck in finding the green holder with 2 blue plugs, all i found was 2 blue plugs hanging loose but didnt have the brown and green wire, but instead one plug has 2 wires black and brown and the other had 3wires light blue, brown and pink. would the blue plug with black and brown be the one im looking for? if it is..
just wondering why would it be hangin loose and could i still use it to perform the ecu test, or are my plugs just located in a completely different location,
thanx

its the plug with 2 wires on it. Use this guide the same way....

khOa`
04-10-2006, 01:20 PM
so use that plug for the test?? kool thanx

whtteg
10-10-2006, 06:01 PM
my del sol is coming up with codes 1 and 52 any chance you know what 52 is and how do i reset the ecu? i've only had car for few days and want to fix it asap.

CRXer
10-10-2006, 06:21 PM
my del sol is coming up with codes 1 and 52 any chance you know what 52 is and how do i reset the ecu? i've only had car for few days and want to fix it asap.

Before u reset the ecu,make sure your counting them right.

Note any long blinks compared to short blinks, & the length of time between blink sequences,& report back.

To reset, turn ign key off,then pull out 7.5A fuse(i think) in engine bay fuse box.Same fuse as backs up the stereo & clock so dont forget radio code,etc.

whtteg
10-10-2006, 06:30 PM
its a definite 1 then 5 slow and 2 fast blinks ive tried searching everywhere to find code 52 (it may even be an old fault that has never been cleared by previous owner.)
if i do clear the ecu and fault is still there will it reappear so i can have it fixed?

CRXer
10-10-2006, 06:38 PM
its a definite 1 then 5 slow and 2 fast blinks ive tried searching everywhere to find code 52 (it may even be an old fault that has never been cleared by previous owner.)
if i do clear the ecu and fault is still there will it reappear so i can have it fixed?

Just check em again in any case,when ecu starts spitting erratic codes like this,usually means a prob with the ecu itself.Are u sure its the check engine light your reading?

Then reset ecu,take it for 2 seperate drives,ign key off between drives & see if any codes come back.

whtteg
10-10-2006, 06:45 PM
lol it certainly is the engine check light. i know code 1 is o2 and ive checked it 3 times and same codes each time and they just keep repeating themselves very strange.
so now i'l try resetting ecu and see if it comes back i'll keep you posted as to how it goes

CRXer
10-10-2006, 06:51 PM
lol it certainly is the engine check light. i know code 1 is o2 and ive checked it 3 times and same codes each time and they just keep repeating themselves very strange.
so now i'l try resetting ecu and see if it comes back i'll keep you posted as to how it goes

No offence intended,seen cases where the CEL not flashing but ABS light is so they think that its an engine code.Cant remember the ABS codes but thought there might be a 52 for ABS & thats what u read by mistake.

Codes will just keep repeating everytime u check until reset

whtteg
10-10-2006, 07:00 PM
my hubby is ex honda tech so i know which light im lookin at, we know 1 is o2 sensor but 52 baffled us, he hasnt worked in the delsols as he was a service manager when they came out and didnt need 2 get his hands dirty any more lol he just enjoyed 'test' driving them lol

thanks heaps CRXer your a gem

whtteg
10-10-2006, 07:49 PM
both 1 and 52 are still there after resetting ecu and taking the del sol 4 a drive

CRXer
10-10-2006, 07:55 PM
Sorry,i didnt mention to pull the reset fuse for 10secs or more to let any charge bleed off the ecu so it wont hold the codes,I assume u know that anyway.

if its still repeating,start looking at the ecu.
Try swapping in a known good ecu if u can borrow one off someone & see what codes are still left

whtteg
10-10-2006, 08:08 PM
lol i left it out 4 about 10min while i cooked dinner

CRXer
10-10-2006, 08:15 PM
If its the '91 u got listed there,no it wont.

You need an OBD1 ecu,from something like a '92 - '96 model.

whtteg
10-10-2006, 08:20 PM
i realised after i posted it lol i'l be going to wreckers i think i dont know any locals with 92 - 96

CRXer
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Correction,

'92 - '95 model

If your goin to buy one,get the ecu specific to your car.

Also get it diagnosed professionally before handing over any cash.

whtteg
10-10-2006, 08:46 PM
well that may take a few weeks as i work 6+ days a wk while my manager is on hols, the engine light only comes on when its cold but after restarting the car when after it turns on it doesnt come on again until the cars cold again. will it hurt the car if i continue driving it till i have some time off?
will 1 from any b16a2 do?

CRXer
10-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry,I meant an ecu specific to your engine,ie OBD1 AUDM? B16A,but its gonna be hard to find anything other than a crx ecu,no such thing as an aussie b16a OBD1 civic.

Wait for some cleverer types to come on & see if u can keep driving it,but if its spitting codes that dont exist,then who knows the extent to which it is working correctly.

Just take it down the nearest Honda dealer,they will most likely have a workin ecu on hand & can quickly do a swap to see what the prob really is before buying ecu's.

Try posting a wanted to borrow,gotta be some OBD1 ecu's cruising nearby somewhere.

whtteg
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
what cars did have the b16a2?

CRXer
10-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Only yours for AUDM OBD1.

U could prob run a JDM ecu,but its not optimised for aussie fuel & compression ratios.Maybe one of the tuner boyz on here could correct me if it will still run your motor ok.
Aftermarket ecu is the other option,but u really got proper diagnosis before troubling yourself with all this.

nine_7_six
10-10-2006, 11:08 PM
in my EK that 3 connector is dangling and not connected to anything, is that good or bad???? :S

ECU-MAN
10-10-2006, 11:16 PM
in my EK that 3 connector is dangling and not connected to anything, is that good or bad???? :S

thats good

ECU-MAN
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
JDM ECU will run the AUDM B16A2,

in stock form you will have a ELD problem which you could ignore

code 52 could be a result of a interal fault in the ECU. usually if you get a weird code that is not in the list, you have ECU issues.

if you can try another ECU.

khOa`
12-10-2006, 11:39 PM
i was just wondering.. is it possible to reset the ecu by removing the negative terminal on the battery and steping on the brakes untill.. u run outa power ?????

wynode
13-10-2006, 12:23 AM
i was just wondering.. is it possible to reset the ecu by removing the negative terminal on the battery and steping on the brakes untill.. u run outa power ?????
Read around a bit please. To reset the ECU just pull the ECU fuse out or remove the negative terminal of the battery for a few mins and put it back. Nothing to do with the brakes.

teaseR
28-10-2006, 08:23 PM
does anyone know where to find this wire on a 4th gen prelude
i look under the glove box but cant find it
thanks 4 your help!!!

AsH_
26-11-2006, 02:17 PM
ive checked my ecu and i got code 21 - vtec spool valve...

my vtec wont engage... i already reset the ecu and still nothing...

i had another ecu installed to test and vtec was working...

is there anything i can do with my ecu??? i ws told 2 replace it... wat r my options

AsH_
27-11-2006, 03:18 PM
ill see wat happenz...

VTC-8OY
30-11-2006, 03:42 PM
okay i got codes:

3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor

15 Ignition output signal

43 Fuel supply system

anyone can help me? much appreciation n :love:

EDIT: PLEASE refer to my thread in Technical page

XB-16-AX
12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
i got a code of 17 = VSS what could be faulty or needs replacement?
HELP NEEDED!!!!

bennjamin
12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
i got a code of 17 = VSS what could be faulty or needs replacement?
HELP NEEDED!!!!

VSS = vehicle speed sensor. Its located ontop of the gearbox diff housing ~ pretty much right above where the 2 driveshafts meet in the middle. Check that its plugged in correctly...

rnbguy
07-03-2007, 07:40 PM
ive got a honda EK and this is no where to be seen?

bennjamin
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
ive got a honda EK and this is no where to be seen?

the VSS ? Its a black plastic plug located ontop of the differential housing.
Right near the rear engine mount - It has wires coming out of it.

Or do u mean the ECU test thingy ?

rnbguy
07-03-2007, 08:05 PM
i cant find the ecu testing thing on my EK either anyone?

ekhybrid
08-03-2007, 12:24 AM
i cant find it too
can any1 confirm that the ek 1 is there?

bennjamin
08-03-2007, 07:02 AM
i cant find it too
can any1 confirm that the ek 1 is there?

ive done 2 ECU tests on EKs - a EK1 and a EK4.

The Wire is located in the same place. Try and look up inside the back of the glove box etc.

rnbguy
08-03-2007, 07:15 AM
see that strange i can see the three wire connector but no 2 wire connector around it at all....?
im just looking without removing anything (carpet, lids etc)

bennjamin
08-03-2007, 07:24 AM
see that strange i can see the three wire connector but no 2 wire connector around it at all....?

try and look around the same area - should be there somewhere.
Here is the location according to the official HONDA EK guide -

http://www.ozhonda.com/gallery/data/500/ECUTEST.jpg

rnbguy
08-03-2007, 07:40 AM
think itll make it easier if i remove glove box?

i wonder how hard they are to remove

rnbguy
08-03-2007, 11:51 PM
i removed glove box and only 2 wires i could see is two grey wires which on their other end is a 3 wire connection (2 --> 3 wires)

bennjamin
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
the connector you are after is a 2 WIRE connector.
Keep looking its there.

rnbguy
09-03-2007, 04:04 PM
trust me ive looked everywhere possible, the only two wires i see running together are ones connected to the three wire connecter, can anyone who has done it on a 96 ek advise please

ekhybrid
11-03-2007, 01:37 PM
found the plug, i got

sensor need to be replaced??

rnbguy
11-03-2007, 07:01 PM
umm can u help me find mine, what color are the wires, and where abouts is it?

rnbguy
11-03-2007, 11:40 PM
woooohoo found it, 6 SRS (no repeats)...

bloody thing is anoying keeps doing the beeping everytime i goto reds now :(

rnbguy
12-03-2007, 09:26 AM
where can someone obtain the full list of error codes, instead of bothering u guys for explanations?

kiwicuz
14-03-2007, 06:38 PM
TDC (top dead centre sensor- 8 flashes?????) hi there does anyone know what sensor this (location) refers too or is this a (noob post) any help appreciated...photo even better-

dont worry found out its built into dizzy........(ignore me)

genkimashi
23-04-2007, 03:24 AM
Any 1 know where can i locate it in a 88 ef7 crx ?

bennjamin
26-04-2007, 10:13 PM
*correct me if wrong*

the ECU is in the same place ( passenger kick panel) or under the passenger seat. The ECU light is located on the ECU , in the centre and will flash a code if needed.

CRXer
26-04-2007, 11:05 PM
ya wrong benny boy,how dare u not have intricate knowledge of crx's!

ecu for crx gen 2 is in the passenger footwell against the firewall,just pull back the carpet & u'll see it under a gold plate with a little hole in the middle for the ecu light.

bennjamin
26-04-2007, 11:07 PM
ya wrong benny boy,how dare u not have intricate knowledge of crx's!

ecu for crx gen 2 is in the passenger footwell against the firewall,just pull back the carpet & u'll see it under a gold plate with a little hole in the middle for the ecu light.

i was 3/4 right dammit !

Yeah - what he said :)

genkimashi
27-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Thanks man!! will give it a check... n let u know... hehehehe... :P

Cheers

genkimashi
29-04-2007, 03:07 PM
found the connector..which has 2 wires lying beside the ecu... not plugging to anything... which is use to plug the paper clip to test for any error.. b4 i start the test..i dun seem to see any lights on my ecu..as the middle of my ecu is a screw.... currently running a PR3 spoon ecu on my ef7 crx... will tat means the light will be shown on the dash if i start the test ?

Cheers

genkimashi
29-04-2007, 03:27 PM
1 more thing.. if i wanna reset it... where should i unplug ? which plug should i unplug for a few minutes ? n is it located at underneath the driver side fuse box... or underneath the bonnet ? its a 88 ef7 crx...

Cheers

genkimashi
29-04-2007, 04:19 PM
seems like my ecu does not blink... as there were no light on the ecu... tats wat i think.... but saw blinking on the dash... there were 2 short blink...
which i think could be oxygen sensor...just wandering how could it be ? as my car onli has 1 02 sensor which is at the collector of the header...where could the other 02 sensor be ? i dun see any other 02 sensor at the corner at the header...

Any helps ?
Cheers

INTEG
18-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Hi I got a integra DC2 95 VtiR can you post all the codes for the ABS system? I got Abs light stays on!!! thanks:D Fault code 18 and 41

sid
24-08-2007, 03:36 PM
I've tried searching all over. I have a Euro spec '89 CRX (import from UK). Could someone help me with finding this blue plug. The ECU, PM7, has the light on it, so I can read the faults from there, however can't find the plug to bridge the cables with a paper clip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've been searching for this for 3 days now.

CRXer
24-08-2007, 04:16 PM
U dont need to find the blue plug,no need to short anything out on your PM7,just turn the ignition on & watch the LED on the ECU for codes,easy.

sid
24-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks dude. Ok, so when I flicked the key over to "ON" there's one very quick flash. Would you know if that is normal or is that reporting an o2 sensor problem? =\
Thanks in advanced.

EDIT; Forgot to add, with my car having the Euro PM7 ECU, it has a manual idle mixture adjustment clipped onto the side of the ECU.

CRXer
24-08-2007, 10:05 PM
Your ecu is telling u it has no fault codes to report,everything is fine.

If it continually blinks once at u with a short pause between each blink,that is an O2 fault,but one short blink is situation normal.

Now can we please let this thread die peoples(no disrespect to author,it was good for its time)

Bigger & badder thread to answer every question u ever thought of

Click Here (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67113)

Maybe author can make reference to it in first post,huh ben.

Phuong1987
29-08-2007, 11:58 PM
Hey guy
i need help here

Code 5 (MAP), do i just change the sensor

|N|
30-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Hey guy
i need help here

Code 5 (MAP), do i just change the sensor

maybe try reset the Ecu and re test b4 u just into conclusion...

and amke sure its 5 not 14

5 = _ _ _ _ _

14 = ____ - - - -

Phuong1987
30-08-2007, 12:14 AM
maybe try reset the Ecu and re test b4 u just into conclusion...

and amke sure its 5 not 14

5 = _ _ _ _ _

14 = ____ - - - -

Yeh i just did that, reset the ecu and i try testing it again, blink 5 times

[ricer]
05-09-2007, 12:09 PM
can you do this with after market ECU?

or like if u got a car thats not OBD1 and now is running an OBD1 ecu and hondata?

Bludger
12-09-2007, 10:37 AM
what does the "ignition Output Signal" refer to?

Ericx
04-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Instead of the engine check light lighting, i got the ABS light flashing, i got the codes 16, 54 and i'm sure its a 81. Anyone know how to fix these problems?

YELLOWDC2R
04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Is the error code the same for all car?.. Mine throws a 14. Is that the IACV?

Suntzu
17-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Does this work for a Honda Euro?

ECU-MAN
17-10-2007, 11:12 PM
no
euro has a OBDII port

dynosaur
28-10-2007, 03:27 PM
Does this work for a JDM ITR 96 Spec ?

coz I m not sure my ECU is OBD-I or OBD-II..

But I seems saw a green socket located at under the storage box.

stanleym
24-01-2008, 09:21 AM
does this work with the k20a dc5r and wat do the pins look like???

sam.
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
i have a jap spec b18c R in my 88 crx, where would i go looking to find the 2 wire plug? or is it another plug? i think i'm having iacv problems (when the plug on the back/bottom of the intake manifold is plugged in the engine idles at about 3000rpm, when unplugged it idles at around 1100 rpm and check engine light comes on) and i'm hopin this mahy help, thanx in advance

[ricer]
26-02-2008, 11:01 AM
what are other reasons for code 14 besides faulty IACV, WIRING, OR ECU?
could it be just a dirty iacv? would that throw the code as well

i've cleaned mine and get the code... i've bought a 2nd hand one and still get the code... check wiring..! argh driving me nuts

bennjamin
09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
you MUST clear the code to get rid of the code.

REST your ECU - disconnect the NEGATIVE terminal of the battery for a short while (5 min or so) to clear codes.

dsp26
03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
OK i know this is primarily because i'm using a JDM P30 rom but was wondering i got the following codes:

20 - Electrical load sensor???
36 - Obviously i don't have this, but will it cause the above?

IF yes to the latter i can drive the car OK and ignore the check engine light right?

I don't wanna shove the "Spoon" rom back in coz its shit and i get 300Km/40l of petrol :(

CRXer
03-06-2008, 07:28 PM
OK i know this is primarily because i'm using a JDM P30 rom but was wondering i got the following codes:

20 - Electrical load sensor???
36 - Obviously i don't have this, but will it cause the above?

IF yes to the latter i can drive the car OK and ignore the check engine light right?

I don't wanna shove the "Spoon" rom back in coz its shit and i get 300Km/40l of petrol :(

So are u gettin a CEL while driving?

Ignore code 20,u do not have an ELD in your car & has nothing to do with code 36 & will not cause a CEL

If u are gettin a CEL while driving,maybe u have to feed a dummy load to the trac cont inputs &/or outputs.PM ECUMAN he knows all this shit.

dsp26
03-06-2008, 07:33 PM
So are u gettin a CEL while driving?

Ignore code 20,u do not have an ELD in your car & has nothing to do with code 36 & will not cause a CEL

If u are gettin a CEL while driving,maybe u have to feed a dummy load to the trac cont inputs &/or outputs.PM ECUMAN he knows all this shit.

nah i get CEL as soon as the engine is running, but not while the engine is off and in ignition.

just tried driving it too and it goes into some sort of "limp mode", if car is put on load won't rev past 2krpm.. had to rev it just under and slip the clutch just to get it back up the driveway :(

thanks for the advice, will pm ecu-man

CRXer
03-06-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah,he'll prob know how to disable the trac control or what sort of signals to trick it with

paps02
07-06-2008, 04:16 PM
i got a 61.... is that bad???? i just read this randomly and decided hey this would be cool to go check...

yer 61?!?! important?

CRXer
08-06-2008, 03:22 PM
i got a 61.... is that bad???? i just read this randomly and decided hey this would be cool to go check...

yer 61?!?! important?

First thing u do,is reset the ecu,go for a long drive & then check if the code comes back again.

Have u been getting poor fuel economy lately?
Ur car been a bit sluggish or off down low in the throttle range?

paps02
10-06-2008, 08:32 AM
Ur car been a bit sluggish or off down low in the throttle range?

in the low revs its bin shithouse. really bumpy and gargling...

to reset the ecu -> disconnect battery?

CRXer
10-06-2008, 02:42 PM
in the low revs its bin shithouse. really bumpy and gargling...

to reset the ecu -> disconnect battery?

To reset(i assume your talking about the EK civic in your av),

Pull the 7.5Amp fuse out in your engine bay main fusebox for 10 seconds then replace(make sure ignition key is turned off before u do this).
If theres more than one 7.5Amp fuse,just pull all the 7.5's out.The one your after though should be marked clock/stereo/ecu(not the 15A ecu fuse) or something like that.

Then start your car & let it sit & idle for about 5-10mins,then go for a drive & see if the code comes back.

paps02
12-06-2008, 08:59 PM
reset my ecu and went for a drive etc as you prescribed. car actually felt different to drive. the engine sounded better.

code didnt come back so have no idea what might have caused it in the first place. anyways worked a treat. cheers CRXer

CRXer
12-06-2008, 11:29 PM
reset my ecu and went for a drive etc as you prescribed. car actually felt different to drive. the engine sounded better.

code didnt come back so have no idea what might have caused it in the first place. anyways worked a treat. cheers CRXer

O2 codes can be just intermittent & caused just by some odd driving/operating glitch,so dont worry about it,all fixed now

mojo the flashy monkey
18-08-2008, 12:47 PM
hrm i got a 3, 20 and 41. this is from a b16a in my eg. any help would be appreciated

[ricer]
13-10-2008, 04:30 PM
engine light came on today on the way home,

did a ecu check and the map sensor came up... code 3
took the fuse out to reset the ecu but error still shows up when i do the ecu check

before i go buy another map sensor is there a way to check if it is the map sensor that is faulty?

outatime
13-10-2008, 04:34 PM
i had the same problem.. just replace your map sensor it will disappear.

you could try going to Good Performance. they'll give you 3months warranty if the engine light comes up again. I paid 50 for parts, diagnosis, testing, and install.

infohonda
12-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi, I have a Honda Civic 1.5L GL 92 Engine D15B7, for the life of me I cannot find the two wire connector. Looking at the pictures at the beginning of this post, I can see the brown and grey connectors but no green covers and no blue connectors? Are they in a different place on this car?

ECU-MAN
14-07-2009, 09:22 AM
passangers floor well near the ECU

infohonda
19-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi ECU-MAN, I have moved the passenger carpet out the way, and unbolted the ECU from its brackets and nothing absolutely no sign of the connector or the green housing? Could it be possible my car has no service connector?

addicted77
22-12-2009, 05:48 PM
helo ECU-MAN, I'm driving a 1993 honda civic eg9 ferio, my cheklight is always on when I am driving and I have used your checklist and this is what i get, 1.(O2A-oxygen sensor #1)
3. (MAP-manifold absolute pressure sensor) 41.(Primary oxygen sensor heater)
43.(Fuel supply system)(PS 3. and 5. are they the same? as both are stated manifold absolute pressure sensor)
But before I had done these checks on the ECU, I had visited my mech and after checking it, he advise he advised me that I need to change a HondataS300. Please advise.

connorling
19-02-2010, 03:10 AM
can anyone tell me where is that checking connector on a prelude 93, thanks

davoh
14-07-2010, 04:16 AM
can any1 help me with a code 22 ?? i have a eg6 b18cr....

CEL comes on after first vtec and then vtec doesnt engage anymore after CEL comes on....what should i do?? thanks

CEEVIC
31-08-2010, 03:15 PM
Is code 3 and 5 supposed to be the same? or is it just a typo?

dm0r
27-01-2011, 06:55 PM
hey there, thanks for the great detailed write-up. i'm new to hondas so just wanted to ask a couple Q's that i couldn't find answered in the other pages.
after pulling the carpet back i instantly found 2 connectors hanging there. one with 3 connectors and one with 2 connectors.

on my 95 EG5 civic the 2 connector wires are black and brown? is this correct?
and is it supposed to be re-connected back to something once you reset the ecu, or just leave it dangling like i found it?

will13
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
can any1 help me with a code 22 ?? i have a eg6 b18cr....

CEL comes on after first vtec and then vtec doesnt engage anymore after CEL comes on....what should i do?? thanks

I'm getting this also in my eg5 B18C2...tried resetting ecu, topping up oil...still occurs so im guessing theres a problem with the switch? Or i'm losing pressure elsewhere? any ideas?

ECU-MAN
13-02-2011, 06:00 PM
check out this diagnostic link for code 22

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69220

jdm18c
28-02-2011, 01:52 PM
if my light beeps once and then 7 times, would that be the vechile speed sensor fault??

ECU-MAN
06-03-2011, 09:17 PM
yes, or the VSS wiring

po61ba2
27-03-2011, 08:18 AM
hi there i check my ecu for fault i get 37 and 14...whats 37??can any1 help me with this...thanks

ekvtir90
06-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Today I tried the test The engine light switches off initially and comes back on and stays on does that mean its 10? or there is no fault?

ECU-MAN
11-04-2011, 05:21 PM
it means no fault

hondaEK4
25-05-2011, 08:47 PM
I just tried out your DIY and i got 61 but it was my ABS light flashing and Engine light just stayed on.
primary Oxygen sensor
i have problems starting my car up in the morning or leave the car sitting for over 8 hrs, it starts up like the battery is dieing and then turns over and starts.
tested the battery and its fine, would this sensor cause a difficult start?

st33lo
01-07-2011, 09:14 AM
was just looking at the codes u put up my ? is what isan ignition output signal thats what is coming up on mine ?

blu
01-04-2013, 08:52 AM
hi guys i just check mine i got 1 blip and 1 long blip.. what is it..?

grifty
01-04-2013, 09:13 AM
If I'm interpreting correctly, you have a code 1 and code 10, see the first page for what they mean.

blu
01-04-2013, 09:32 AM
grifty the check engine was gone but the idle is dropping when i rev it then release it the rpm drops.. any idea..?

grifty
01-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Clean the IACV and adjust idle correctly.

blu
20-04-2013, 10:11 PM
guys wanna know code 11 is..? i have called my service shop super visor back at HONDA CARS PAMPANGA PHILIPPINES (where i currently work as a auto painter and under chassis mechanic) CODE 11: IMA sensor meaning IDLE MIXTURE ADJUSTMENT.. just to add and share the info guys.. hope might you the others in the future..

ejsalcepuedes
26-07-2013, 08:00 AM
I just got a new cluster, and the CEL isn't lighting up (even with the key on II) I used to have the Non-Tacho cluster before that doesn't have a CEL either so i'm not sure if there's something wrong with my ECU or something.

PS: I already swapped the bulbs behind the cluster and the CEL is still not working.

joyride
09-01-2014, 06:52 AM
i may be wrong (someone to 100% confirm this??) but for some EK owners the plugs are not on the left side of the passenger footwell but on the right side.

for my brothers gf car thats where it was located, and there was no big green plug, it was blue. you'll see the 2 blue connectors, one that 3 wires, the other has 2 wires (brown and black).

dorikin
09-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Yes for facelift

tayl51601
24-09-2016, 06:57 PM
Cars not starting after a clutch change and I'm getting code 61 and 81 on the ABS light, anyone know what those codes mean and could it be the reason for the car not starting?

tayl51601
24-09-2016, 07:24 PM
Never mind, found the codes in the manual and erased the codes.