PDA

View Full Version : How to switch the digital speeo between kmh and mph.

thebob
10-01-2008, 10:14 PM
The S2000 cluster has both MPH and KPH on them, are you able to switch between each? The reason i ask is im going to purchase a S2000 cluster from the states and i need to know if i can switch it to KPH. Couldnt find anything in search.

Turps
13-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Found this thread http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1570344 on Honda-Tech. The below information is in the first post.

Holding down the SEL button will switch between KM/H and MPH
Pressing the + and - buttons will change the brightness of the cluster.

thebob
18-01-2008, 05:20 AM
THANKS mate, you just made my day.

Just brought a cluster then so yeah. thanks heaps!

AusS2000
21-01-2008, 10:16 AM
Why would you want to edit the title and close the thread? Don't you think this might be useful to someone else with the same issue?

aaronng
21-01-2008, 12:28 PM
Changed title to help future searches.

chicken8
21-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Why would you want to edit the title and close the thread? Don't you think this might be useful to someone else with the same issue?

cause he doesn't want people to be able to find this thread so that possible future buyer of his car might think he tampered with the kms on his car by using another cluster

Turps
21-01-2008, 03:17 PM
cause he doesn't want people to be able to find this thread so that possible future buyer of his car might think he tampered with the kms on his car by using another cluster

This procedure is not to change the odometer reading, but to change the digital speedo to display the cars speed as either Kilometers per hour or Miles per hour. Also how to change the brightness of the cluster.

chicken8
21-01-2008, 03:25 PM
This procedure is not to change the odometer reading, but to change the digital speedo to display the cars speed as either Kilometers per hour or Miles per hour. Also how to change the brightness of the cluster.

yes but why does he have another cluster? to put kms on that cluster whilst his original stays on the same kms? myriad of possibilities

the australian cluster didn't come with the option to change between kms and mmiles

Turps
21-01-2008, 03:28 PM
He might be installing into earlier model Civic like a EG or EK. It can be done.

chicken8
21-01-2008, 03:38 PM
He might be installing into earlier model Civic like a EG or EK. It can be done.

good point

thebob
21-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Turps is correct. Its going into a Ej8.

Also i was going to close it so there could be more threads on the problems with clutch and fly wheel.

Turps
21-01-2008, 07:30 PM
thebob, let us know how you go with the cluster install. I have been looking into doing this to my EK4.

thebob
21-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah mate, all the stuff is there for it. You get the control unit thing from the states and its pretty much match the wires and plug and play. There is also the problem of getting the tempurature to work and read out as it should, as far as i know there is a company in the states that made a control unit to make that work. For now i think i will just run it through my Defi's. But yeah will be a few months before its in a working but i will keep you all posted.

PS anyone know where i can buy carbon kevlar sheet from in brisbane. Need it for the Bezel.

Turps
21-01-2008, 10:21 PM
The company is called Modifry Products, they make a Engine Coolant temperature module that will gets the S2000 temperature gauge working correctly. It was originally designed for S2000 owner who switched to a AEM EMS ECU. The EMS ECU causes the temperature gauge to not work correctly. Heres the web link http://www.modifry.com/products/index.htm.

Also which VSS converter kit did you get, the one from DS Customs?

thebob
22-01-2008, 03:53 PM
Um i havent brought one yet, some bloke from Cali has them, i think they are $180 a pop. He says they are for any type of car.