PDA

View Full Version : Re-attaching K&n pod in Integra

sid6268
11-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Guys

Im new to Hondas, I purchased a Honda Integra DC2 Vti-r and trying to clean the k&n pod attached to it (this came with the car), i have removed that little springy lock and have cleaned the filter, now when i try to put it on im struggling to get that spring around the filter and to lock in

Can i purchase anything that would make it easier to put the filter back with, like a adjustable springy mechanism.

I purchased a clamp but its to short to go around it. Any ideas?

nomcice
11-01-2008, 06:21 PM
I have an aftermarket intake pipe and my pod just hoseclamps onto the pipe,

you should be able to go to a bolt barn and buy a hose clamp to re attatch it - i think thats what your talking about

sid6268
11-01-2008, 07:22 PM
bingo :D thats what it was, i was on the right track but had a smaller size clamp, sorted

Gio
12-01-2008, 02:19 PM
lol thats what i was gonna say nomcice

[JDM DC2]
12-01-2008, 03:41 PM
You jus need to stretch and play with it, sometimes it will go on easily and sometimes it will take yo forever to get on. Put spring on the intake arm first and then try to squeeze pod on

Kiz_EG6
14-01-2008, 08:17 AM
;1498936']You jus need to stretch and play with it, sometimes it will go on easily and sometimes it will take yo forever to get on. Put spring on the intake arm first and then try to squeeze pod on

Nah, i'm with the other guys, hose clamp all the way, much safer too, my pod fell odd my old teg with the spring...

P.S if you can't get a hose clamp long enough, you can put two together :)