PDA

View Full Version : S Tech Opinions

Europia
11-01-2008, 07:09 PM
Hi all. First post on this forum and I thought that I would start by contributing to the community.

Tien S Tech Opinions
I have not driven any other lowered euros so I cannot make any direct comparisons, but I have owned two other lowered cars. The S-Techs give the car a nice aggressive stance, noticeably lower at the front. There is still a bit of a gap to the wheel arches at the rear, but it is far better than stock.

I have yet to scrape (I do not have a body kit) or bottom out after about 2000km on them. Handling is improved as you would expect, and the car fells much better when thrown into a corner. There is far less body roll, and the car feels more balanced and inspires more confidence.

On the down side, I feel every bump in the road now, more so than I have with other lowered cars. in addition, I have a new rattle, but it is all worth it once you push the car through some twisty bends. I have no camber kit at the moment and am interested to see how my tires wear.

The place I got the springs put in were an absolute joke (Mermaid Suspension). I saw one guy smoking in my car, there were grease marks all over my creme leather (why would they have the back seat out?) and they didn't even do a wheel alignment (they subtracted it off the price, but it was very annoying having to find somewhere else to do a wheel alignment on a saturday afternoon). I am tempted to go on to every car forum and tell of my experiences.

Anyway, hopefully I can learn lots from al of you as I prowl the forums.

sodaz
11-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Hey mate, welcome to the forum and well done for a good first post. :thumbsup:

So are the S Techs adjustable in height and damper firmness? Also, what's the spring rate of the setup? Most people here have either the Flex or SS.

enkay
12-01-2008, 06:16 AM
the s techs are just the springs so id assume that they aint adjustable in height and damper.

Merlin086
12-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Here's a link to spring rates etc.

http://autosportstyle.com/shop/acura-2004-tsx-tein-stech-tein-stech-springs-p-40184.html

I bought a set from the US a year ago, and after finding out a set of adjustable shocks were 1k+ I sold the springs and opted for the Tein SS coilovers, mainly after the excellent feedback here.
My ride is just like stock,at midway settings on the damping ,no bumps and lowered 40mm.

At least you have adjustable height and damping, but if you replace your shocks, as you will need to do, you can only then have adjustable damping.

A trader here is selling the Tein SS coilovers for $1350 atm.

By the way, don't go to a suspension shop at Tweed either because if you don't buy your parts from them they won't touch your car as they are agents for Tein.
More interested in selling parts at inflated prices than the work!