PDA

View Full Version : Civic 07 light bulb

dreamerlie
11-01-2008, 10:13 PM
i wanna change the light at the rear of my civic...but i have no idea wt size is that...i want to do a DIY. does any one know? i try to search in the forum but i can't find it. i am sori if there was post be4...thx u guys for help

applio
11-01-2008, 10:16 PM
what sort of light you want to change?

your back contact many light, stop, parker, reverse, number plate, turning

dreamerlie
12-01-2008, 12:13 AM
all of them to white HID....i dont reali know about hid light..i saw ppl are talk 6500K or 8500K like that....wt is the suggestion for the light?? i want to make it bright..

ahmondjai
12-01-2008, 12:19 AM
I think HID are for your front driving lights only, but for the rear number plate, I think you can change to a LED one, does anyone know where I can get them from Australia and approx how much?? since I'm getting my Civic next week, would like to change them, looks nicer~~

Shimian
12-01-2008, 07:02 AM
look in your manual. write down all the bulbs you want to change. Go to autobarn or supercheap auto and ask for those bulbs in white. with the exception of the low beam where you might want to go HID. Where as the others are standard bulbs or T10

wilkie
12-01-2008, 10:41 AM
HIDs are for your front lights only and i think you will find the most common is around 6000K (or at least, these are the most similar to cars that come with HIDs from the factory). generally, the more they look like they came stock, the less likely you are to be pulled over, but that debate depends on where you live etc etc. halogen bulbs go up to around 4700K, HID's however most commonly go from 6000K all the way up to 15000K. The colours range too, 6000k is white, 8000k has a tinge of blue, 10000k is blue, 12000k+ looks purple.

shimian is right about what to do for your rear globes, because there is little you can change for them unless you change the rear light housing. if you want bright white headlights though, HID is brighter than any halogen you will get from a car store :)