PDA

View Full Version : Should I be worried? Heavy impact over conrete island.

game_accord
12-01-2008, 10:14 PM
I was reversing out of a car park then I accelerated and drove over a concrete island which I didn't see ( didn't see it as it was so close to the car). I thought I had crashed into another car as it was a sudden shock. It was the drivers side wheel that went over and scratched right front hand under side of the car.

I am now worried if I have damaged the car in anyway, I have looked under the car but can't see any thing wrong.

-Do I need a wheel alignment?
-Could I have bent the axle ?
-anything that the impact might cause a problem?

Has this happen to anyone before? I love the accord euro, I hope I didn't damage it.

traumatized
12-01-2008, 10:43 PM
you may require a wheel alignment if it was that hard, just to bring the alignment back to how it should be.

I dont think you would have bent anything unless you were really flooring it, the only other thing that may be stuff is the control arm bushing. but because the car is fairly new it should have been able with stand the hit

the wheel alignment should tell you whether you have bent anything as they will not be able to align your wheels right.

JohnL
12-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Check the rims for damage. Also look for any bumps on the tyre sidewall. Beyond that you'll need the alignment checked as traumatised suggested, especially if the steering wheel isn't now at 12 o'clock when driving straight. Other things could be also amiss even if the steering wheel is pointing straight, if the car pulls to one side then this is a bit of a giveaway.

BiLL|z0r
13-01-2008, 06:00 AM
If you were reversing you couldn't have been going that fast (or were you?). If the car still drives normal/straight then I wouldn't worry. Being the front that hit you can notice fairly easily in driving and steering if there was damage. An alignment can't hurt though.

tony1234
13-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Crawl underneath the car or better still get it up on a hoist and check for any damage.Other than that if it drives ok you should be right.

game_accord
14-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks for everyone input. Yeah ,the car feels normal when I drive but I still get paranoid and listen to every sound the car makes. I am booking the car in for a wheel alignment and check up at Honda.

jamchen
14-01-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for everyone input. Yeah ,the car feels normal when I drive but I still get paranoid and listen to every sound the car makes. I am booking the car in for a wheel alignment and check up at Honda.

no need to bring the car back to Honda for wheel alignment. Any tyres' shop can do a proper job,,, sometimes better than Honda...:P
And it wll take at max 1 hour depending if you want to do 2 or 4 wheels alignment.

tron07
14-01-2008, 02:09 PM
why would you reverse so fast?