PDA

View Full Version : Eg Front Bar/body Kit - Sedan/hatch Universal?

kairi_k
13-01-2008, 04:00 PM
hi guys im just wondering if an aftermarket EG front bar is universal for sedan and hatch? i thought the fittings are slightly different but i heard otherwise...

If they are different how difficult is the modification to fit a sedan aftermarket front bar to hatch?

any help would be much appreciated..

cheers

kairi_k

diffuzn
13-01-2008, 04:10 PM
from what people have said the bars are different, even the lights are apparently different for hatch and sedan

95civic
13-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Yes they are very different. There are discussions about this in some of the EG threads. I think its a pretty big job to convert a hatch front onto a sedan. Im assuming most panels would need to be replaced, bonnet included.

Fo55il
13-01-2008, 09:45 PM
u need to change - front fenders, lights, bumper, bonnet ... dats as far as i kno ...

BaNaNaMaN
14-01-2008, 08:03 AM
OK, differences in Hatch vs Sedan

From Sedan > Hatch you will need to change the following

Gaurds
Indicators (Sedan indicators are longer than hatch)
Bonnet (hatch bonnet is 20mm too short for sedan. It will bolt up but won't latch and close fully)
Radiator support (to move the latch so the hatch bonnet will latch properly)
Front bumper (Hatch front bumper is 10-15mm shorter on both sides where the wheel arch is)

Headlights do not need to be changed as they are the same.

To answer the original question a front lip from a hatch will need modifications to fit a sedan properly. I have seen on streched to fit but doesnt look good. Complete bumper is the same unfortunately.

I have had a hatch bumper on my sedan and took a bit of work around the guards and re painting to make it work.

Goodluck.

omgitsmatt
14-01-2008, 03:15 PM
hey sorry to hijack the thread thought id ask here instead of making a new thread, are the front and rear bumpers from an ek able to fit an eg? my front bar fits perfectly but not so my rear bar?

kairi_k
14-01-2008, 07:45 PM
thanks for your help guys, just confirmed what i already thought, i guess its clearly not worth the trouble.. The head lights are different for hatch/sedan BaNaNaMan, just though id clarify..thanks for the input

btw i noticed that this topic has been covered many times before on this forum..

cheers

BaNaNaMaN
15-01-2008, 07:28 AM
I am afraid you are wrong there bud. Hatch and sedan head lights are the same. I have NZDM glass hatch lights in my sedan and they are a straight swap.

The corner lights are the only difference.

Alexx
16-01-2008, 09:01 AM
What bannanaman says is correct.

The headlights are only different between hatch and sedan if you get aftermarket one piece headlights/indicators.

kairi_k
18-01-2008, 03:03 PM
cheers, thats what i meant..thanks for the input guys

MOD please close thread