PDA

View Full Version : car noises

fongyfong
14-01-2008, 12:30 AM
sometimes when i steer or accelrate theres a little ticking noise like tick tick tick then goes away whats wrong wif it?>

Spoon-Accord
14-01-2008, 03:25 AM
ticking? could be your driveshafts.

maybe a rock stuck in your tire?

ken

Kiz_EG6
14-01-2008, 07:09 AM
Hey man, a few things to consider, without hearing the sound, it is very hard to pinpoint, but if you take uit to a mechanic, they can usually tell you straight away.

Could be a hairline crack in your exhaust manifold gasket.
Could need your tappets adjusted.
Check oil, if it low, could just be that (If you are running a resonably thin oil on an older engine, maybe try a 25/50 multi vis or something)

EuroDude
14-01-2008, 10:30 AM
If its heard when the car moves and increases with speed, CV Joints could be worn.

If its heard when accelerating but when the car is at a standstill, could be the valve tappets that need adjusting.

fongyfong
15-01-2008, 01:48 AM
thanks guys ill have a look at the mechanic next week when i get paid looks like it is the cv joints how much does it cost to get cv joints replaced

EuroDude
15-01-2008, 09:38 AM
The original Honda CV joints are very expensive, but you can get aftermarket ones for less than half the price. Your mech should be able to source the aftermarket ones for you (they cost around $150-$200 plus labour if I recall correctly). I had aftermarket ones in my civic and in terms of quality, they were fine - lasting well over 100,000km before selling the car.

fongyfong
15-01-2008, 10:21 PM
**** didnt think it cost that much thanks bro if i leave it on too long and it breaks or something wat will happen?