PDA

View Full Version : Honda CRV 2002

whonda
14-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi guys,

Im a newby to these forums, previously a BMW fanatic until it got written off and now im a converted Honda fan...

Purchased a 2002 CR-V, when i took it for a drive the SRS ligth was NOT on, when i picked it up (private purchase) the bloody light was ON but very faint.

Previous owner paid to get it all tested, auto electrician hooked it up and found no error codes leading him to suspect the SRS light being so dimly lit was due to a faulty cluster. So then i convinced the previous owner to cough up $350 for a second hand cluster, i installed the cluster and found the light to still be ON but this time alot brighter as it should be. So... current situation, i have a cluster that works, an SRS light on all the time, no error codes from 4 different machines. Took it to Honda and these pricks tell me I need 2 seat belt buckles and an SRS module totaling $1550.. after having laughed for approx 4.8 minutes I then began to breath normal again and said no thanks ill come back some other life. Have now given the car to a mate who was a mechanic for Honda, he hooked it up and same story.. no error codes (dont know where Honda got errors from).

He is suspecting lose wires or stripped wires touching the body causing the light to be on all the time ?? I dont know.

I have gone as far as checking the plugs under the seats (passenger/driver sensors) to make sure they are plugged in. Im all out of ideas and that stupid light is still on.

Anyone got any ideas ???? (sorry bout the novel)