PDA

View Full Version : EU Civic Engine Number details

Limbo
14-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi guys need help quickly.
Was looking at an EU Civic which was a 2000 Oct version hatchback. Its the VI model.

Now the owner seems abit werid in that after we put the deposit they were not the owner and said that the car belonged to his wife. Now here's the fishy part.

1) He didn't produce the wife or the license of the registered owner
2) the car was registered at a different address
3) the last 4 numbers of the engine number were larger than the rest and in a different flowing type font. All the ones before it were in a computer type font.

Now can anyone tell me if the engine number is like this on an EU? i've seen a 2001 version and the engine number is all the same font.

Lucky i only put a $200 deposit which we will most likely ask for back if it doesn't check out.
Already done a Revs check and got a certificate and did an RTA check.

FallenAngel
15-01-2008, 01:07 AM
Hi guys need help quickly.
Was looking at an EU Civic which was a 2000 Oct version hatchback. Its the VI model.

Now the owner seems abit werid in that after we put the deposit they were not the owner and said that the car belonged to his wife. Now here's the fishy part.

1) He didn't produce the wife or the license of the registered owner
2) the car was registered at a different address
3) the last 4 numbers of the engine number were larger than the rest and in a different flowing type font. All the ones before it were in a computer type font.

Now can anyone tell me if the engine number is like this on an EU? i've seen a 2001 version and the engine number is all the same font.

Lucky i only put a $200 deposit which we will most likely ask for back if it doesn't check out.
Already done a Revs check and got a certificate and did an RTA check.

Sorry but that bit just sounds funny...

IMO i wouldn't trust something like that, and i dont recall that the numbers being in a different font.

EuroDude
15-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Since you have two identical threads (which is not allowed by the way), I'll post here too. Other thread http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82459

7th Gen EU civic hatch (As of Nov 2000)

Chassis number: JHMEU37301S2#####
Engine number: D17A2-#######

Redbook ftw http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au/vehicle/specs.php?id=70414