PDA

View Full Version : Buying new FD1 civic

phat_dogg
14-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey guys,

Just introducing myself...

I found this forum whilst searching honda civics, i plan on buying one this month. Wanna get a sport in manual..either white or black (can't decide :( )
Firstly what price should i settle with?? (want mats, scuff plates and interior accent lighting). Any bargaining tips guys? :D..I also plan on getting a body kit for it pretty soon after the purchase. I like the type r kit better than mugen lip kit. Is a genuine type r kit available? Or the Mugen type r kit :).Will the foggies fit into it? I just need front, rear, sides and spoiler..not too interested in grille. How much do these go for..supply only. I can get it sprayed and fitted myself.

Anyway much help will be appreciated..great forum!

Shimian
14-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Most of the answers are found within the first 4 pages of this section. You can search in the Where to Buy section regarding your type R kit. I dont think anyone is selling it, not to my knowledge anyways.
There is a rules link at the top of the page. You might want to have a read.
Im no moderator, but i have a feeling this thread might get deleted. Anyways, id choose White :D

Borg
15-01-2008, 03:58 PM
For some good tips on a haggling a new car price see www.carbuyingtips.com

markCivicVti
15-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Can I just say two things:
-Search is your friend
-The FD1 is not the Civic Sports

JaCe
15-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey guys,

Just introducing myself...

I found this forum whilst searching honda civics, i plan on buying one this month. Wanna get a sport in manual..either white or black (can't decide :( )
Firstly what price should i settle with?? (want mats, scuff plates and interior accent lighting). Any bargaining tips guys? :D..I also plan on getting a body kit for it pretty soon after the purchase. I like the type r kit better than mugen lip kit. Is a genuine type r kit available? Or the Mugen type r kit :).Will the foggies fit into it? I just need front, rear, sides and spoiler..not too interested in grille. How much do these go for..supply only. I can get it sprayed and fitted myself.

Anyway much help will be appreciated..great forum!

1. White is a great colour for this car if you plan on modifying. And this is coming from a black FD1 owner.
2. Interior accent lighting isn't worth it unless you really really want it and you get it free/included.
3. Type R bodykit is a replica of the real "Civic Type R" (JDM model) so naturally any Type R kits must either be replicas made to fit the normal FD1/FD2/FD3/FD4 or genuine replacement parts (which from what I've heard, won't fit without modifications to the fit; thus losing the point of buying a genuine kit)
4. Foggies are different on the CTR replica kit IIRC. They should fit fine on the Mugen lip kit.
5. Prices will vary on the CTR replica kits; but they aren't very common in Australia just yet... in fact I've yet to see any.