PDA

View Full Version : Tein Monoflex with EDFC :)

dragons2k
15-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Finally manage to get my comptech icebox and Tein monoflex with edfc installed on saturday thanks to Top One in Arncliff

short review:
1. comptech carbon icebox: 2 word GET IT now i can feel that i get quicker response from the rev and the car seems a bit quicker (or maybe just me coz of the engine sound) it is pretty loud when it reach VTEC (not as loud as INJEN CAI)but when idle its pretty much the same noise level

2. Tein Mono Flex with EDFC: its an expensive choice but i dont regret buying it!! test driving it around the house on sunday and i can tell that when i had the settings on the hardest the car grip soo well! but then it is bumpy as hell.. but i had it on medium (5 front, 6 rear) the car soo much more balanced and feels like stock. overall now i do get more confidence around corners . but most of all when i brake hard it feels soo much better due to the weight doesnt shift as much as to the front suspension anymore therefore you get better break response as well! i need to bring it to wakefield soon to try different settings and see how it perform on track.

people with Tein compatible EDFC please make sure you buy EDFC its soo worth the extra $$$ i manage to persuade another friend with 350Z to get Mono flex with edfc after test driving my car hahahahahha...

well thats my short review. overall im very happy with the upgrades

-parkes-
15-01-2008, 06:48 PM
congratulations on the upgrades! do you have any pictures of the air box?

ludecrs
15-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Its the same as the Comptech S/c, just the arm is different.

.::F[L]Y::.
15-01-2008, 08:31 PM
post some pics of the car lowered man! :)

CH00EY
15-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrats Will!

eugene!

dragons2k
16-01-2008, 11:10 AM
thanks guys, i will take some pic of the mods later on today and post it probably tonight or tomorrow.

btw John, i havent really lower the car yet. the reason is because my garage is pretty steep so even with standard height its rub... anyway im still waiting for my 18" Te37 to arrived in early march then i will properly lowered the car and park it somewhere else :)

.::F[L]Y::.
16-01-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks guys, i will take some pic of the mods later on today and post it probably tonight or tomorrow.

btw John, i havent really lower the car yet. the reason is because my garage is pretty steep so even with standard height its rub... anyway im still waiting for my 18" Te37 to arrived in early march then i will properly lowered the car and park it somewhere else :)

ohh yeh. cant wait to see that. We should catch up sometime. would love to check out the new color man. :thumbsup:

vyets
16-01-2008, 05:45 PM
What are the spring rates on the Monoflex? and is it uncomfortable?
I want EDFC! too bad they not compadable with the Tein RS

dragons2k
17-01-2008, 08:16 AM
The monoflex i have is the one from japan not from us so im guessing its 10/10 and on the softest rate it is pretty much stock imo.

if you after comfort any coilover will be a bad options to be honest :)

yeah EDFC only for SS and FLEX if im not wrong hehehe..

What are the spring rates on the Monoflex? and is it uncomfortable?
I want EDFC! too bad they not compadable with the Tein RS

vyets
17-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Oh cool. I ordered a set of Tein RS, which are 12/12 I hope it's not soo bad lol.
Yea, the EDFC only sold for the lower model teins :( which is bs I rekon.
I'm not after comfort at all, just my missus hated my last ride caus it was very rocky. O well.

dragons2k
17-01-2008, 08:40 AM
hehehe... i think Tein RS wont be any comfortable because it is build for track use if im not wrong :) congrats with the buy anyway, any tein product is good.

Oh cool. I ordered a set of Tein RS, which are 12/12 I hope it's not soo bad lol.
Yea, the EDFC only sold for the lower model teins :( which is bs I rekon.
I'm not after comfort at all, just my missus hated my last ride caus it was very rocky. O well.

eriktufa
18-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Tein EDFC works for Tein SRC which is the Super Race Circuit.

I don't see how it only works for lower tein model.

ROLLED
18-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I agree with Erik, but the SRC needs 2 EDFCs to electronically adjust compression and rebound individually!! I believe :)

BlueBeast
24-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Finally manage to get my comptech icebox and Tein monoflex with edfc installed on saturday thanks to Top One in Arncliff

short review:
1. comptech carbon icebox: 2 word GET IT now i can feel that i get quicker response from the rev and the car seems a bit quicker (or maybe just me coz of the engine sound) it is pretty loud when it reach VTEC (not as loud as INJEN CAI)but when idle its pretty much the same noise level

2. Tein Mono Flex with EDFC: its an expensive choice but i dont regret buying it!! test driving it around the house on sunday and i can tell that when i had the settings on the hardest the car grip soo well! but then it is bumpy as hell.. but i had it on medium (5 front, 6 rear) the car soo much more balanced and feels like stock. overall now i do get more confidence around corners . but most of all when i brake hard it feels soo much better due to the weight doesnt shift as much as to the front suspension anymore therefore you get better break response as well! i need to bring it to wakefield soon to try different settings and see how it perform on track.

people with Tein compatible EDFC please make sure you buy EDFC its soo worth the extra $$$ i manage to persuade another friend with 350Z to get Mono flex with edfc after test driving my car hahahahahha...

well thats my short review. overall im very happy with the upgrades

Sounds good, what did thats set you back by?

dragons2k
24-01-2008, 03:16 PM
around 3k in total.

BlueBeast
25-01-2008, 08:16 AM
around 3k in total.
That sounds pretty reasonable for what you got. Thanks

kongfu
26-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Awesome set up! Mono felx + EDFC best combination!