PDA

View Full Version : del sol crx roof flex

cal213
15-01-2008, 02:02 PM
hi all i am very close to purchasing a crx with targa top. i am going to put 2x kenwood kfc-w3011 subs in the boot with 450watts rms each at 2 ohms. i was wondering, because i will be driving with the roof off a lot and i love my music fairly loud, will the roof be flexing from pressure in the boot and causing it too warp and leak whenever it rains??

any help would be great.. :cool:

redinteg
15-01-2008, 06:10 PM
i doubt the subs will damage the roof when its in the boot, but if its a pre facelift crx (think 96 below?) the roof will most likely leak anyway.

A helpfull tip though get some silicone spray and spray it all along the rubber seals around the top of the car and on the rubber seals on the roof itself this seems to help quite a bit with the leaking and defintly cuts down on the squekyness of the roof ;-).

ProECU
15-01-2008, 06:49 PM
hi all i am very close to purchasing a crx with targa top. i am going to put 2x kenwood kfc-w3011 subs in the boot with 450watts rms each at 2 ohms. i was wondering, because i will be driving with the roof off a lot and i love my music fairly loud, will the roof be flexing from pressure in the boot and causing it too warp and leak whenever it rains??

any help would be great.. :cool:

you have got to be joking right?

cal213
15-01-2008, 06:59 PM
na man im not jokin... yeah the 1 im thinking of buying is a 96. either way i will be getting a crx.. i was originally on the market for an el xr6 but fuel prices have scared me..