PDA

View Full Version : Engine Mounts dead? - ITR

Zilli
15-01-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi All,

I am starting to notice a weird vibration to the car on takeoffs and acceleration in low gears from 0 to about 4000rpm, also on a long freeway trip when i was getting off the gas there was a lot of vibration coming through the car, more than usual.

Also, i went to WSID coupla weeks ago and noticed the dreaded wheel hop after a couple of runs. Im thinking my mounts are shot. Any ideas guys?

I'm thinking of grabbing a set of Mugen mounts all roud, as ive had the car since new and figure its time to replace now anyway. I dont want mounts that are going to rip my teeth out, but would like a bit of an upgrade over standard OEM

Am i on the right track here fellas?

Limbo
15-01-2008, 05:04 PM
nah its more likely your bushes, not the mounts. Mounts usually would be visible if you had those problems. i.e you can see cracks. And they make alot of nosei when they break
Or it might be your shocks died

Zilli
15-01-2008, 05:56 PM
brand new BC coilovers... so it cant be the shocks

Bushes... what do bushes have to do with the car accelerating?

Zilli
16-01-2008, 06:33 AM
Surely someone can give me some sort of infomration here?

fatboyz39
16-01-2008, 07:35 AM
check the mounts out first. Not a hard task, just need a good light and check if the rubber is ripped. Might as well upgrade to billet ones for some bling.

Drew
16-01-2008, 07:59 AM
You could always clean the old rubber out of the broken mount and just fill it with urethane and let it dry for a few days...

Will be a bit harder and tougher than the oem rubber mount

A-man
22-01-2008, 11:21 PM
thats the option im looking at doin its cheap to

i have the same problem and its the same symptoms....

its a bastard and makes it embaressing to drive not to mention a bastard for anything else.....

stock mounts r expensive and id imagine mugen ones being expensive to

we used to make custom ones up for the supras and i had unbreakable ones but i dont think u can do the same thing with these ones so i think the next best thing which for the supras were the same was get the urethane and use the old dead mounts

its cheap to i think it was only like 35 bucks a mount... but dnt quote me on that

however the stock supras mounts (that tore everytime u launched) were 150 bucks a side

the engine mounts i had made were 150 a pair with lifetime warrenty not to brake and they were just a sandwiched rubber with two urethane outers and a bolt holding it...

xntrik
23-01-2008, 02:59 AM
Hasports. :thumbsup: