[stealth]
21-08-2004, 06:33 PM
Does it:

1. Lower noise/dB/cabin drone

OR

2. Change the tone of your exhaust

OR

3. All of the above

Does it slow your car down a bit? Also is it legal to have more than one?

:confused:

viperx
24-08-2004, 01:22 PM
Having a second resonator would lower the specific rpm drones, so if you notice your car is particularly loud at certain RPM then this will be dulled further. You may get an exhaust note which is less sharp than before. I've had this on my car, and it had the effect of lowering the low rpm drones, but it still gets louder when vtec kicks in :)

I've also heard installing a resonator backwards produces a cool 'crackling' sound, but i've never tried this.

bennjamin
24-08-2004, 02:19 PM
put as many resonators as u like.

they are a restriction - basically a small muffler . Most cars and aftermarket systems come stock with one or two smaller ones....

BTW resonators - are designed to be used either way, universal i believe.

poid
24-08-2004, 02:39 PM
good ones shouldnt be much of a restriction at all (ie a straight-through design with perforated walls). And i cant imagine any reason it would be illegal to run more than one

dundas
24-08-2004, 02:55 PM
i would think they would prefer you to have as many as possible "noise pollution" damn sooky coppers.
but still ppl with loud zorst systems dun get defected as much as the cars which are import/riced LOL

viperx
25-08-2004, 12:16 AM
BTW resonators - are designed to be used either way, universal i believe.

No, this is not true... some resonators have perforations which only accept gas coming from one direction, not the other...

U can check this out at any zorst shop

bennjamin
25-08-2004, 12:32 AM
No, this is not true... some resonators have perforations which only accept gas coming from one direction, not the other...

U can check this out at any zorst shop

both correcto...and also to add...

there are various types of resonator too - from offset oval design , cannon and "hot dog" etc...:)