PDA

View Full Version : ep3 ctr audio system questions

SuperSteve
15-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey ep3 owners. Im looking into getting a new deck and seeing if that will fix my problem with speakers. (they starting to sound like they are on there way out n ive got a cheap sanyo deck) and if that doesnt fix the problem ill probably get new speakers.

Just curious if anyother ep3 owners have installed new speakers and what sizes of the speakers where installed in the doors and the back seat area ?? Also anyone know how to undo the front dash so i can take out my deck. I cant find any screws or anything lol also how do i get into the rear speakers if anyone has done that to

ALSO anyone know where is the bottle to fill up for the back hatchwindscreen water jet ?? ( The water jet that sprays water on the window)

micka
16-01-2008, 07:29 AM
http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=106655

You may need to sign up to the forum, but that should give you all the information you need.

NightRyder
23-01-2008, 09:47 PM
taking the existing deck out is fairly easy...

You need to undo the gear knob, then dig your hands into the shift boot and then slowly pull out the bottom half of the central dash, they are all clips. Then unclip the wire harnesses. You should then see two screws, undo those.
Then to remove the top half, simply pull gently to remove it. The rest are also just clips. Unclip those harnesses as well.

Hope that helps. :)

I haven't changed my speakers yet but planning to later...

SuperSteve
24-01-2008, 10:08 PM
thanks for ur help guys.
NightRyder can u explain how do i undo the front dash a bit more. So i take off the gear nob and i put my hands inside the rubber bit and find a clip ?? where about is the clip and also how do i undo it. Do i pull it up ? Push it down ? Push it back ?? sorry ive just got no idea aye and i dont want to break something because right now im close to just tearing the front dash out and replacing it with a new 1 lol

NightRyder
25-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey dude, ok I will clarify.. :)

Ok, first of all, undo the gear knob.
Dig your fingers into the gear shift boot, around the edges start to pull towards you the shift boot and the bottom half of the centre console will come out. The clips are on the sides so as you pull it out towards you it will unclip.

Once you pull the bottom console out, you will see two screws which would need to be unscrewed.

Then, put your fingers under and slowly pull the bottom part of the top console out. Then run her fingers around the edges of the console and start to pull out towards you. Again, there are clips holding it in so just pull out and they should unclip as well.

Making any sense?...if not, PM me and we can talk.