PDA

View Full Version : Euro stall question

yfin
21-08-2004, 06:51 PM
Hi guys - is it just me or is it too easy to stall the Euro 6MT? :(

I think I stall from take off probably once a month. Not very often but enough for me to notice. I have been driving manual cars for more than 10 years and this is the first car it has happened in.

You really need to give the accelerator a decent prod for it to respond. Not enough revs and it will stall when releasing the clutch..

Has anyone else noticed this? Drive by wire throttle related? :confused:

When I match revs down shifting you also need to press the accelerator too hard to get the revs up.....

p.s. To the black modded teg Vtir last night in Caulfield (you know who you are)- very well done with your mods - fast indeed - you must be around 7 second flat to 100 - not bad at all for Vtir!

ECU-MAN
21-08-2004, 09:30 PM
iv never had that problem. whenever I stall it, its because of somthnig stupid I did. you might not be used to it yet. I can take off with out touching the the throttle ( very very slowly.) Dont have downshifting probs either. what other manual cars have you been driving.

EuroAccord13
21-08-2004, 09:38 PM
HEEHEEHEE..

Maybe it's because the car is so quiet u didn't know u were in gear :P I had that problem but now I make sure I am in neutral :P..

If it's not the problem... take it back to your dealer Yoram!

CHEERS
Nick

yfin
21-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Nah - not going to take it back to the dealer. There just seems to be a slight bit of travel before my accelerator does much..... It must be the drive by wire...

Anyway, I'll get used to it - just curious to see if I am the only one this is happening to.

baboo
21-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Is it because of the drive by wire throttle system It does need to get used to compare to the conventional cable type.

my previous car is electric throttle type..so you really need to give it a push.

Archangel
22-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Tell me about it i feel like a fool when im driving my car (Had it for a few days now)

Its been years since i've driven a manual car and getting used to this one is embarassing thus far! I'll get used to it though....one day :(