PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Paint

Stubbsalicious
16-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey,

I've had my Civic VTi-L for 6 months now and i just noticed that on my boot in a circle, inch in diametre, the paint is all cracked up. Looks like mud in a drought pretty much. Anywho, is this sort of thing covered by warranty?

Anyone else have an issue like this. Paint was fine when i bought it.

minix33
16-01-2008, 01:46 PM
did you buy it new? if you did it should be covered by warranty

Stubbsalicious
16-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Yeah i bought it brand new in July. I'll have to take it in soon, hoping they won't try to blame it on me.

fab4272
17-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Hey,

I've had my Civic VTi-L for 6 months now and i just noticed that on my boot in a circle, inch in diametre, the paint is all cracked up. Looks like mud in a drought pretty much. Anywho, is this sort of thing covered by warranty?

Anyone else have an issue like this. Paint was fine when i bought it.

Sounds like some sort of bird crap or something like that. Same on my car too, but I left bird/bat crap on it. IMO the paint job on these cars is very fragile. You only have to breathe on the paint job and scratches appear.

My other car is a 1991 Telstar Ghia and you can leave anything on it for months and it just comes off without damaging the paint.

Stubbsalicious
18-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I took it in yesterday, but because they reckon it was like bird poo they won't cover it. The guy brought out some quick detail formula and cleaned up the area, so it's all shiny and stuff, but it's still almost cracked right down to the metal. It's on the boot, so if i want to cover it up i could probly put a spoiler over the top of it. Might make it look better.
It's pretty crap that the paint can get eaten away so easily. The guy at the dealership said to carry around a spray bottle and cloth in the car to get rid of them. That sucks though.

markCivicVti
18-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Yep I panick when i see bird poo... try and get if off ASAP.

minix33
18-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Yep I panick when i see bird poo... try and get if off ASAP.

bug and tar remover ftw!