PDA

View Full Version : Half setup

killerlaces
16-01-2008, 09:25 PM
heyo! just having probs with my setup. All the speakers work fine and the amp that runs it, however the mono for the sub:
--> doesnt actually activate if the wires run into input, only when they are in pre-out
--> even when amp is active, sub has no bass, and is basically off.

Currently running a clarion double DIN, pair of alpine V12s and polk all through. Dual voice core sub.

If anyone has any tips, would be good. Cheers!

tron07
22-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Is your V12 a monoblock? what amp you have?

How is your DVC sub wired? Is the sub a 4 ohm DVC?

If its wired to 2 ohm config and your V12 is a 2 channel amp, big chance that your amp is running at bridge 2 ohm, which it cannot support and went into protection mode. When your RCAs are out, it will go out of protection mode, hence no base and is pratically off.....

solitz
26-01-2008, 08:45 AM
yea like tron said if u have the V12 mono which is only 2ohm stable ull need to have a sub which is dual 4ohm sub, what sub do u have btw (help us shed some light on the problem)?
if we are assuming that your current wiring is in 2ohm then you'll need an amp which is either 4ohm or 1ohm stable.

going by my knowledge of the V12 im pretty sure they are only 2ohm stable, in which ull need a dual 4ohm sub this is how it should be wired taken off the RF website
http://i30.tinypic.com/2lkxrx4.jpg