PDA

View Full Version : wierd break noise

SpadeSix
17-01-2008, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure how to really describe this but i'll do my best.
Apart from squeaking break noises I have another noise problem which is something like, the breaks are trying to come on but no pressure of car stopping. The best i can describe this is like blowing into a metal pipe kind of a noise. The weird thing is this usally occurs when im travelling at normal speeds and not hitting the breaks at all or when im just about to take off or reverse back. I also sometimes feel the accelerator is kind of feeling a bit rough before this noise comes on. Does anybody have any similar experience with a Euro 04 model or any suggestions what the problem can be?
Thanks!

JunYu
17-01-2008, 09:06 AM
have you inspected your brakes yet?
It may be the surface rust on the discs grinding away.
one way to go about this without having to replace them would be to have an engineering shop skim the corrosion.
If everything seems okay visally, then it could be loose calipers, or loose/worn pads both resulting in brake noise.

The prooblem may also be occuring at lower speed because on slower stops you don't have the brakes applied fully which allows them to vibrate against the rotor surface.
a faulty part can cause a chain reaction of failures to other components that could cause problems ranging from more than normal occasional noise. i would definately get it checked out by a professional.

-Will

SpadeSix
17-01-2008, 09:59 AM
if there is something wrong does warranty cover the problem apart from replacing break pads?

EuroDude
17-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Warranty covers non-consumable parts, so yes if its something like a bad caliper then it will be covered under warranty.

henri123
17-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Apart from squeaking break noises I have another noise problem which is something like, the breaks are trying to come on but no pressure of car stopping. The best i can describe this is like blowing into a metal pipe kind of a noise. The weird thing is this usally occurs when im travelling at normal speeds and not hitting the breaks at all or when im just about to take off or reverse back. I also sometimes feel the accelerator is kind of feeling a bit rough before this noise comes on. Does anybody have any similar experience with a Euro 04 model or any suggestions what the problem can be?
Thanks!

While we're here i have noticed that I get a loud scraping noise at the front of the car when hard braking in wet weather. Any suggestions?

btchia
18-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Apart from squeaking break noises I have another noise problem which is something like, the breaks are trying to come on but no pressure of car stopping. The best i can describe this is like blowing into a metal pipe kind of a noise.

Mine only occured when during uneven surface, when i press the brake, the brake rattle and felt like no stopping.

The weird thing is this usally occurs when im travelling at normal speeds and not hitting the breaks at all or when im just about to take off or reverse back. I also sometimes feel the accelerator is kind of feeling a bit rough before this noise comes on. Does anybody have any similar experience with a Euro 04 model or any suggestions what the problem can be?Thanks!

I experience that too, especially during 1st gear take off, release the clutch, felt like the sound from clutch rather than accelarator, but this will not happen every 1st gear, that's the problem. I went back to dealer explained the situation to them, they just come in try press on the clutch and end up they change the master cyclinder, after a while the sound came back....don't know what to do with it.....:confused:

BiLL|z0r
18-01-2008, 05:39 AM
The best i can describe this is like blowing into a metal pipe kind of a noise. The weird thing is this usally occurs when im travelling at normal speeds and not hitting the breaks at all or when im just about to take off or reverse back.

I think I have the same noise except mine usually does it at low speed with a bit of brake or just released the brake. It's very similiar to the air con whine I also have but this definately comes from the brakes.

stalin
18-01-2008, 07:23 AM
"air con whine" lol isn't that the most annoying thing ever../:))

btw guys, when travelling at high speeds or downhill and when brake is applied, the steering vibrates/shakes..is that the pads fault? or something major?

tony1234
18-01-2008, 09:37 AM
"air con whine" lol isn't that the most annoying thing ever../:))

btw guys, when travelling at high speeds or downhill and when brake is applied, the steering vibrates/shakes..is that the pads fault? or something major?
You have either brake pad deposits on the disc or a warped disc.

EuroDude
18-01-2008, 03:05 PM

Does it happen on all hills or just specific locations?
It could be just the road.

aaronng
18-01-2008, 05:12 PM
I experience that too, especially during 1st gear take off, release the clutch, felt like the sound from clutch rather than accelarator, but this will not happen every 1st gear, that's the problem. I went back to dealer explained the situation to them, they just come in try press on the clutch and end up they change the master cyclinder, after a while the sound came back....don't know what to do with it.....:confused:
Not the master cylinder's fault. It's the clutch release bearing being prematurely worn. Do you sit at the lights with your foot holding down the clutch? That wears it out quick!

jwesterway
22-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi,

My 07 euro lux does the same noise i think, i have the pre-service info written out for the service people for the next service but i was not to concerned about it because it occurs very occasionally and is unpredictable. Happens like others have said, low speeds, 1st gear, mine usually involves a slight turn most times. The sound is like the air up a metal pipe like the first post. It sounds like it is def coming from the front left wheel area so i wrote on the form a low pitched noise from that area and suggested they check the brakes and steering, if it were the drive mechanism it would occur more frequently wouldnt it?

If anyone has found the source of this problem in their car let me know so i can help the service guys here find what might be causing it in my euro, i just dont want to sound like a moron when i take the car in with this infrequent noise that they may not be able to replicate at the time.

Cheers,
Josh