PDA

View Full Version : DC5 Teg making strange noises

gtotwinturbo
17-01-2008, 01:48 PM
Hey all,

just got my Integra luxury from a dealer with heavily done ks. It passed all the tests on inspection but after taking a test drive in a type S i notice that my car is making a lot of unecessary noises.

A strange repetitive vwonng kind of sound can be heard faintly on top of the usual road/tyre noises.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something i should be wary of since the car has done over 200000+ ks

???

tectalk
17-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

just got my Integra luxury from a dealer with heavily done ks. It passed all the tests on inspection but after taking a test drive in a type S i notice that my car is making a lot of unecessary noises.

A strange repetitive vwonng kind of sound can be heard faintly on top of the usual road/tyre noises.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something i should be wary of since the car has done over 200000+ ks

???

This seems to be the case when you have a wider profile tyre/wheel, as i have 19s-7.5 i get allot of road noise from my tires, as were when i had my standard wheels on i got hardly any road noise, it can be caused from many things (example, the tyres need wheel balance and rotated/pumped up.

Also there might be stones between the tyres, which gives a kind of taping noise. If this doesn't help u would be looking at maybe a buckled tyre, hard to say as I cant hear the noise hope it helps :).

gtotwinturbo
17-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the info.

I just checked the tyres out and they fit the manual's specs and they're clean. A mate of mine mentioned it might be the wheel bearings and that it's common for cars with a lot of ks for this to happen.

True/False?

Not sure if it's related today when i took the car for a spin whilst breaking the discs made a loud squeaky noise, and when i say loud i mean loud nothing like the squeaks you usually hear when breaking a car.

Could this be the wheel bearings?

i-vtec
18-01-2008, 11:48 AM
i had my wheel bearings gone on a different car and it makes the noises you describe. from my experience i would say its your wheel bearings.

dc4t
21-01-2008, 05:22 PM
when do u hear the noise?.. i've got an unnecessary noise coming from my gearbox but only happens when im in gear n lightly accelerating, well i checked with honda n they agreed it was gearbox, problem is they gotta take the whole thing out to find what the problem is.. sighh.. hope its not the same problem for u

tinkz1
21-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey dude, instead of asking on the forums i suggest u check out Hannys performance in Smithfield.
Its abit hard to determine what noise ur car is making without actually hearing the noise in person.