PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!2nd amp in protection

thaaznboi
18-01-2008, 08:50 PM
hey guys, i got a problem with my 2nd amp that i have just installed. i hooked up all the wires and everythingn when i listen to the music without the car being started both amps are running nicely but then after i start the car my 2nd amp that i just installed just goes into protection mode and won't work. could anyone give me a solution...because i can't figure out why exactly.
thanks in advance

honda_zivic
18-01-2008, 09:43 PM
possibly ur fuse or shit ground.

thaaznboi
18-01-2008, 09:46 PM
if the fuses were blown then the amp wouldn't go on at all..correct me if i'm wrong.

i have tried moving my ground from the 1st amp which runs perfectly regardless over to where the ground of my 2nd amp runs but the 2nd amp still does the same thing n the first amp is still fine....

*headache*

honda_zivic
18-01-2008, 09:50 PM
mayb ur fuse r over the rating for ur amp

lukecivic
18-01-2008, 09:54 PM
damn i was going to say probably a poor ground as ive had that happen to me so many times

try connecting your working amp to the same wires your trying to connect the '2nd amp' up to. If that amp works with those wires then...id say your amp is no good

MrThanh
18-01-2008, 11:23 PM
which amp? how did YOU wire it up? run new power cables from the battery? if you're having problems diagnosing it, maybe you should leave the installation to professionals.

mayb ur fuse r over the rating for ur amp

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

thaaznboi
18-01-2008, 11:25 PM
thanx for the help guys but i think i have just figured it out cuz i took out one of the speaker wires out and it works fine so i'm guessing that it can't handle both my front splits and my rear coxials

honda_zivic
19-01-2008, 09:57 PM
which amp? how did YOU wire it up? run new power cables from the battery? if you're having problems diagnosing it, maybe you should leave the installation to professionals.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
whats so funny dude.

honda_zivic
19-01-2008, 09:59 PM
thanx for the help guys but i think i have just figured it out cuz i took out one of the speaker wires out and it works fine so i'm guessing that it can't handle both my front splits and my rear coxials
coz ur speaker ohms r possibly higher than ur amp ohms.
for example ur amp can only handle max 4 ohms an u run an 8ohm speaker therefore it will fuk up ur amp an make it into protection mode.

ABANG
20-01-2008, 01:54 PM
coz ur speaker ohms r possibly higher than ur amp ohms.
for example ur amp can only handle max 4 ohms an u run an 8ohm speaker therefore it will fuk up ur amp an make it into protection mode.

As far as I know, amplifier can accept higher impedance than it is rated. I run 8 ohm speakers onto 4 ohm amplifier and has no problem with it. The only thing with running 8 Ohm speakers onto 4Ohm amplifier is that you will get half the power that amplifier suppose to give.

How did you set up your speakers wiring? For example if you have 4 ohms amp and your front and rear speakers both have 4 ohms impedance. You shouldnt connect them in parallel, coz it will give you total impedance of 2 ohms and your amp will not be able to handle it thats why it goes to protection mode

and make sure the positive and negative terminals are not touching each other

hope this helps

honda_zivic
20-01-2008, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=ABANG;1508366]As far as I know, amplifier can accept higher impedance than it is rated. I run 8 ohm speakers onto 4 ohm amplifier and has no problem with it. The only thing with running 8 Ohm speakers onto 4Ohm amplifier is that you will get half the power that amplifier suppose to give.

note not all amps can handle up to 8ohms. always check ur amp instruction of whats its capable of. most 4 ch is normally 8ohms max an mono blocks r mainly 4.;)

aka_NSX
20-01-2008, 09:03 PM
note not all amps can handle up to 8ohms. always check ur amp instruction of whats its capable of. most 4 ch is normally 8ohms max an mono blocks r mainly 4.;)

NOTE : I think you are the one that need to learn more ....... LOL

honda_zivic
20-01-2008, 09:14 PM
why do i need 2 learn more? its basically tru in instructions it does tell ya max & lowest imped load u can go.
unless u have a fkn cheap ass china amp no brand shit.