PDA

View Full Version : Noises from the rear suspension..

slowcrx
22-08-2004, 04:35 PM
Howdy folks,

Not sure if you could help me but there's this annoying noise coming from the rear suspension. It only comes up when I corner a bit hard and/or going thru some rough patches. All the panels around that area is as tight as it possibly can and it's definitely a noise coming from the suspension (somewhere, just don't know exactly where). Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: forgot to add it's a EK1 hatch if that helps with the guesstimate of the problem.

kwayzivietnamese
22-08-2004, 04:57 PM
can springs gettin too old...
can be suspension getting too old and leaking...
can be a bit of a loose joint that needs bolting...
worse comes to worse uve twisted ur strut area a bit n under pressure makes noise...
Should go get it checked by suspension ppl

slowcrx
22-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Yeah that's a possibility but it's probably a good idea to arm yourself with some info before rocking up to the suspension place and get them to suss it out.

Teggy-Vtir
22-08-2004, 10:16 PM
i have the same problem in my dc2
wouldnt have a clue wat it is.

saboteur
23-08-2004, 09:04 AM
Does it sound like a donkey or something? My shocks are shot and they make that noise, getting some adjustable Konis in a couple of weeks :D

slowcrx
23-08-2004, 08:51 PM
What does a donkey sound like? Is Eeyore a good example LOL :)

I remember I had those noise back at 40k, now it's 100k, I am pretty damn sure shocks don't die at 40k hey?

na
23-08-2004, 09:00 PM
could be worn wheel bearing

jack up the car...with tyres on...shake the tyre see whether there are any movements

mytoycivic
23-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Does it sound like a donkey or something? My shocks are shot and they make that noise, getting some adjustable Konis in a couple of weeks :D

(i think) he is referring to an annoying creeking noise (????) yeh it is probably something dodgey with ur springs or wheel bearings
i agree with knowing the problem b4 u go in to the place...but remember that they are the PRofessionals..that is what they have been trained to do. if you have a fair idea i say take it to a few suspension places and get a few opinions to see if you are getting similar response
:)