PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket CD5 parking light...

Gards
19-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I did a search before posting.

I need to replace the passenger side parker light on my 96 Accord. I can buy a new after market one for around $40. Has anyone used these? What's the quality like compared to OEM and do they fit and line up properly? Sourcing a genuine used item has proved difficult and I figure a used one will have old rubber seals ect.

sugz
19-01-2008, 08:54 PM
hey mate ive got the passenger side corner light
you can have it, no charge
pick up only

Xplodin
20-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Are you serious? I can find an oem one pretty much straight away! Have you tried looking at your local honda Wreckers? Because thats a really good place to start! And there's loads of CD5's on the road! Other wise if u live near Sugz i'd get it off him LOL

FAT VTI
21-01-2008, 12:23 PM
HAHAH

mate its a good thing you need the passenger 1 and not the driver side of sugz, or else i would of had to fight over it

Sugz, I might pick that up off you once my coilovers are in, unless ur around my area beforehand.

thanks

Gards
21-01-2008, 03:27 PM
LOl yea Sugz filled me in how you are getting the drivers side, heh. And yes I did try local honda wreckers for OEM and no one had any. I checked over 10 Honda wreckers but they had rear tail lights ect.:p But worked out well as Sugz kindly offered his one to me.:cool:

FAT VTI
21-01-2008, 04:50 PM
You serious you couldnt find parkers for a cd5?

I'm amazed. probably by the time they try to give u a crappy bs wreckers price, u can get em off ebay for 40 and have clear ones, i dunno, but you should have been able to find em.

For future reference- SYD wreckers-
Hontoys (smithfield)-9729 4400
Honbits(smithfield)-9725 2611
Honda All Car Spares(yenorra)-9681 6613

I'd put my money u could find them at one of those, I will also bet they would ridiculously charge you, so go off at them when they do ;) and they'll lower their price

Gards
24-01-2008, 10:37 AM
1 place had just sold their last one and quoted me a reasonable $35-40 or the same price for them to order in a new aftermarket one but yea in future I might try different areas for honda parts. But in this case thanks to sugz it has worked out for me the better.:D

Spoon-Accord
02-02-2008, 10:03 PM
i got 2 pairs lying around. perfect nick

40 bux a pair. just pm me for more details