PDA

View Full Version : Front bumper needs work? PLZ HELP!

FAT VTI
20-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Hey guys,

My front bumper is held on my cable ties at the moment.
My brother who was suppose to get his mate to fix it, is being a "insert here" and keeps saying this week and making me wait, currently up to week 3 of waiting and am sick of it.

My teins are coming in tomorrow hopefully, and i do not want to put them in with my front bumper how it is.
Basically , the passenger side of the car has been hit, and the front bumper cannot bolt into the ...front end? because it is bent and the hole where the bolt goes is deteriorated and rusting.

Basically, without any experience, i would say the panel which it bolts into (right side of the radiator) needs to be beaten out so it is straight , then another peice needs to be welded on or something so that the bolt has something to go into, and will be straight.

Obviously somebody will know a better way to do it, but thats the basics and its about as much info as I can give you guys.
Sugi (sugz), Andy (BUN-135) had a look at it, tried to fix it and it cannot be done unless the panel is straight and the front bumper can actually be bolted in.

IF ANYBODY thinks they have the expertise to do this, and would be able to meet up sometime this week (wishful thinking i know) then I will kindly offer them a few cases of beer.

I do not want to take it to a panel beater, I'd rather somebody who actually knows accords (hondas), and will do a good job at hopefully a much better price.

THANKS ALOT!!!!
Sean

p.s. Live In Bankstown Area Syd, Will go anywhere In Sydney if somebody can help me, thanks again

pmptrading
20-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Glad to hear you have car trouble.... you are a jerk and deserve your turn at karma..... I hope the bumper falls off completely.....

FAT VTI
20-01-2008, 05:04 PM
LOL, no need to be a tosser mate.
I gave you a tip, to combine your threads to help people actually read them, but you ignored me and think i have something against you.
NO, i didnt do it in the right manner, i agree I was pissed off at seeing 10posts by the same person on the same day, so i apologise for that.

Sean
p.s. front bumper should be fixed, thanks anyway