PDA

View Full Version : low coilovers?

siknis
20-01-2008, 10:20 PM
did my search and couldnt find much im sorry...

picking up my brand new white euro lux in a couple days and just putting together my shopping list :)

trying to decide on some coilovers, track use and handling really arnt a big concern, more aesthetics and street use. comfort doesnt mean much to me, ive been bouncing down roads on 30 profile tyres for quite some time :p

my mate has a set of MD(monster damper) coilovers in his 07lux, never heard of them cant find any details. he paid about $1800 installed which leads me to belive there not the best quality, although no problems as of yet and they can be slammed to the bump stops if you really want, which i like.

looking at the tein SS, cant lower the car enough for my liking

so im assuming somthing ill nead somthing dual adjustable to get that low?

buddyclub n+... how low can i go??
tein flex?

can anyone give me some insight as most manufacturers are unclear about how low you can go, suggest some coilovers of decent quality that will allow me to go low, not 100% sure but im guessing about 3.5-4" roughly

dont worry about tyre wear its not an issue :D

akina
20-01-2008, 10:30 PM
recently Rein has talked about the Tein Flex going to lowest possible setting.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82471

SiReal
20-01-2008, 10:33 PM
As a bang for buck alternative, which i've heard from personal accounts as being good for their price, just get D2 adjustables. PM atjo, he has a second hand set for sale in good nick.

D2s can go very low as well.

For street use, they'll be fine.

siknis
21-01-2008, 12:58 PM
reins report is interesting, but that is very very low, i wouldnt be rolling that low every day

not really that interested in D2's after all the bad reports ive heard... 40k car i may as well buy decent coil's

so count out d2's, g4 racing, ksport

tein flex seem to be the best option of going low and maintaining quality suspension components.

can anybody explain the difference between the upper pillow ball mounts, i think there is a nolothane version available, what is the advantage?

asked a million times a day, but has anyone seen tein flex's on sale anywhere recently?

euro77
21-01-2008, 05:59 PM
or if you want you can get an air suspension :)
Atjo has one, he can supply to you I believe.

Rein
23-01-2008, 12:11 AM
reins report is interesting, but that is very very low, i wouldnt be rolling that low every day

not really that interested in D2's after all the bad reports ive heard... 40k car i may as well buy decent coil's

so count out d2's, g4 racing, ksport

tein flex seem to be the best option of going low and maintaining quality suspension components.

can anybody explain the difference between the upper pillow ball mounts, i think there is a nolothane version available, what is the advantage?

asked a million times a day, but has anyone seen tein flex's on sale anywhere recently?

have you tried one of the dealer here called max-hondapower. thats where i got mine from.

kupang
23-01-2008, 02:36 PM
how much tein flex cost? to get an idea of the price...

FAT VTI
23-01-2008, 05:13 PM
hmm not too sure, $1500 odd at least.

If u dont want them that low, just get superstreets, will be low enough for your liking i reckon, and can be had for $1200 new from www.titanmotorsport.com

Up to you.

siknis
23-01-2008, 06:49 PM
super streets are not low enough, i intend to tuck a bit of rim in the rear and have a pinky gap at the front on 20's

TEMPTN
23-01-2008, 10:08 PM
like this low??

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/TEMPTN-/temptn028.jpg

siknis
23-01-2008, 10:46 PM
haha, nah lower :p... cars going to be my daily, i cant go stupid :(

what coiloverss? what offset wheels you runnin? any other guard work?

FAT VTI
24-01-2008, 08:02 AM

I think u mean higher.

Uzzi
24-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Both the flex and buddy clubs will allow you to dump the car to the weeds. I was in a similar position as you...I decided on the Teins.

siknis
24-01-2008, 11:45 AM
I think u mean higher.

i meant it as a joke, that i could go lower

siknis
24-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Both the flex and buddy clubs will allow you to dump the car to the weeds. I was in a similar position as you...I decided on the Teins.

what was your reasoning for going the flex?

Uzzi
24-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I must admit it was a close call but I managed to get a set for a good price. I have no regrets as the Flex are a good set of suspension. Initially I thought they would be harsh but they are not. My car is daily drive as well and I did not really want to get something too uncomfortable. The initial feel of the Euro with original suspension is very comfortable but the fact that they are abit floaty was a negative.

TEMPTN
24-01-2008, 05:08 PM

This is my daily ride also and i still find it high for my liking :(

CL455
25-01-2008, 09:32 AM
i haven't seen another euro that is lower the TEMPTN - so siknis as much as u want to have ur euro lower - i dont think u will get the euro lower

Uzzi
25-01-2008, 09:53 AM
Ooooo....I dunno both Atjo and Rein cars sit pretty low as well.

TEMPTN
25-01-2008, 05:40 PM
hmm mayb if atjo had no kit and on 20's and rein with 20's also will b a close call,
but hey let do a poll HAHAHA

if u wanna go lower by all means go lower
and if u not worried about tyre wear hook me up with tyres as i rotate filp my tyres nearly every 2 - 3 weeks and tyres arnt cheap

siknis
26-01-2008, 11:19 AM
i haven't seen another euro that is lower the TEMPTN - so siknis as much as u want to have ur euro lower - i dont think u will get the euro lower

neither have i will, i dont want to be quite that low i would never make it out my driveway. it'll probably be about the same height as sammys euro

hmm mayb if atjo had no kit and on 20's and rein with 20's also will b a close call,
but hey let do a poll HAHAHA

if u wanna go lower by all means go lower
and if u not worried about tyre wear hook me up with tyres as i rotate filp my tyres nearly every 2 - 3 weeks and tyres arnt cheap

screw going to see injektd every few weeks to get new rubber haha, its not going to be stupid low and im going to put a camber kit on so it shouldnt be too bad... i'll be happy with 5,000 from the rears :D

kupang
07-02-2008, 10:10 PM
which one can go lower? tein flexi or buddy club n+, how low could it be?

FAT VTI
08-02-2008, 02:03 PM
jesus temptn,

You'd be smashing your way through tyres ****kkkkkkkkkk

I got a cd5 with 215/35/18s, and fk man, I found someone who goes through em faster than me LOL

what tyres u running? you getting mates rates anywhere? haha

TEMPTN
08-02-2008, 07:05 PM
jesus temptn,

You'd be smashing your way through tyres ****kkkkkkkkkk

I got a cd5 with 215/35/18s, and fk man, I found someone who goes through em faster than me LOL

what tyres u running? you getting mates rates anywhere? haha

LOL

225 /30 20s
i wish i could get mates rates , if i could ill import a whole container of tyres lol

FAT VTI
09-02-2008, 08:27 AM
haha,
I thought 18s were expensive, 20s would be even more obviously,
and 30 high, fkkkk youd change them every 2months

tony1234
09-02-2008, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't be game to drive on anything bigger/lower profile than 225/4517s on the shit roads we have in Sydney.

siknis
09-02-2008, 12:10 PM
haha,
I thought 18s were expensive, 20s would be even more obviously,
and 30 high, fkkkk youd change them every 2months

just slap nankangs on there. you can get them for $200 a tyre :)

FAT VTI
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
haha
I wouldnt pay 200 for nankangs, i wouldnt pay 150 for em.
Considering i got kumho ecsta 18s brand new for $400 for 4, off a private seller.
Oh well, just luck i guess.

siknis
10-02-2008, 09:42 AM
haha
I wouldnt pay 200 for nankangs, i wouldnt pay 150 for em.
Considering i got kumho ecsta 18s brand new for $400 for 4, off a private seller.
Oh well, just luck i guess.

thats damn cheap for 20" rubber mate, you wont find it for less ANYWHERE!

18" thats another story :p

FAT VTI
10-02-2008, 09:55 AM
LOL
I don't remember saying i needed 20's...
anyways,

TEMPTN
12-02-2008, 10:24 PM
this is low on stockies hehe

eccentric
13-02-2008, 10:33 AM
dude that looks like a 4wd?

hahaha DAMN thats low! it looks like the wheel is holding the car up! are you sure you have any suspension in your car at all?

FAT VTI
13-02-2008, 01:29 PM
temptn, those stockies look like skittles on that car. damnnn

Bo0o0ost
13-02-2008, 07:34 PM
TUCKIN FTW!
Love your Euro man well done!

Pickin up mine tomorrow :)

like this low??

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/TEMPTN-/temptn028.jpg

siknis
13-02-2008, 10:19 PM
this is low on stockies hehe

thats cheating, you have a camber kit or mounts or somthing in the car there, no way possible you can get a euro that low with that little camber. i run more camber tucking about 1" of rim on the 20's :p

TEMPTN
13-02-2008, 10:35 PM
happy! u want to see camber lol

CL455
14-02-2008, 06:54 AM
hush up siknis there's intense camber on temptn's euro - and his car is always been that low - actually i think it's lower at shows ...

siknis
14-02-2008, 08:33 AM
haha, nope he's cheating in some way :D

im thinking of gettin a stiffer rear sway bar put in, not for any handling purposes, just so i dont scrub so hard on driveways and tight bumpy corners. should help keep the car more flat:p

i dont wanna lower the car more till i stop this noise its anoying me

TEMPTN
14-02-2008, 12:15 PM
have u rolled ur guards??
what noise??

siknis
15-02-2008, 04:33 PM
nah havnt goten around to that part yet, ill get a mate of mine to do it sooner or later :p

the noise of the rim grinding the shit out of the coilover. its gettin there slowly, i lowerd the car about another 3/4" in the ass and 1/4" in the front the otherday so its making a bit more noise now

[stealth]
16-02-2008, 12:15 AM
TEMPTN: are you using tein flex or bags?

siknis
16-02-2008, 03:55 PM
temptn wont tell you man, its some big secret how he can get his car that low and still drive it...

last i heard from a mate thats actually seen the car with the wheels off, it had d2/ksports. but that would have been 6 months ago

CL455
17-02-2008, 01:32 AM
dim - i can't believe ur letting the rim munch ur coilovers - especially when the car is under a month old

siknis
17-02-2008, 11:04 AM
dim - i can't believe ur letting the rim munch ur coilovers - especially when the car is under a month old

will, i have no other option just yet man, i cringe every time it makes that grinding noise but theres nothing i can do about it yet. i have a new lower perch on order to replace the munched one, but i have to get some guard work done before i put it on, and i have to fit the camber kit and take a few mm off the wheels offset before i can try pull the wheel away from the coilover. atleast it isnt hurting the car...

it would be nice if there was a bigger range of 8" or 7.5" wide 20's :(

TEMPTN
17-02-2008, 09:44 PM
nah havnt goten around to that part yet, ill get a mate of mine to do it sooner or later :p

the noise of the rim grinding the shit out of the coilover. its gettin there slowly, i lowerd the car about another 3/4" in the ass and 1/4" in the front the otherday so its making a bit more noise now

LOL
if u wanna get low u better get used to hearing alot of noises :P
i love hearing scrapage on my car for sum reason and when i get stuck on speed humps and end up dragging the chassie and zorst ove the hump hhahaha
people cring when they hear it i just smile hehe

TEMPTN
17-02-2008, 09:48 PM
;1542476']TEMPTN: are you using tein flex or bags?

Tein are waste of money and dont go anywere as low for my liking
No bags, Bags are cheating and waste of money i drive low all day every day so no point in getting bags:)

TEMPTN
17-02-2008, 09:50 PM
temptn wont tell you man, its some big secret how he can get his car that low and still drive it...

last i heard from a mate thats actually seen the car with the wheels off, it had d2/ksports. but that would have been 6 months ago

:P

Cant tell u every details bro coz if i do people will no and start lowering their euros like mine , then mine wont b as special

hmmm when did ur mate see my car with the rims off?

FAT VTI
18-02-2008, 04:15 PM
temptn ur a funny 1 mate.
that speedhump adventure of urs happened to me the oda day, i had my car packed for the 1st time and had to get over it with people behind me beeping there horns, it was baddddd . went over sideways and the whole car scraped not just the front/exhaust/toebar etc.
lol

akina
18-02-2008, 05:55 PM
^^^ LOL
thats embarrasing :P Ppl behind u would be laughing their heads off haha
well i would of lolololol
sry ><

siknis
18-02-2008, 07:35 PM
wait till you get completly beached on a huge hump(not speedhump like actual hump, funny shit sittin in the car rocking backwards and forwards with the wheels spining trying to get it off hahaha

siknis
18-02-2008, 07:39 PM
:P

Cant tell u every details bro coz if i do people will no and start lowering their euros like mine , then mine wont b as special

hmmm when did ur mate see my car with the rims off?

yeah well dont worry about that now its only short term till i get the cash for the next step, with a little bit of custom work ahead i got my guard man lined up, you're gona cry like a bitch when i start rockin 22's in the ass and tuck em hard ;)

cant tell you when it was, its a secret :zip::p

TEMPTN
18-02-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah well dont worry about that now its only short term till i get the cash for the next step, with a little bit of custom work ahead i got my guard man lined up, you're gona cry like a bitch when i start rockin 22's in the ass and tuck em hard ;)

cant tell you when it was, its a secret :zip::p

LOL
Ive already tried wont FIT :(
and even if i did get them to fit with a few mods i wouldnt get it tucking as much as i have it now, unless i went all the way and got it mini tub but wasnt worth it

siknis
18-02-2008, 09:31 PM
LOL
Ive already tried wont FIT :(
and even if i did get them to fit with a few mods i wouldnt get it tucking as much as i have it now, unless i went all the way and got it mini tub but wasnt worth it

not tubs, just gentle massage thats all you will need

TEMPTN
18-02-2008, 09:41 PM
lol still wont work bro :P
ive tired every thing to fit 22's and still have it tucking

FAT VTI
19-02-2008, 07:18 PM
good luck with ur 22s..... Ive seen them on a couple of euros overseas.

SRVTIR
26-02-2008, 06:45 PM
brutha,

22s will fit but u can only have 8.5 wide.. not the normal 9 or 9.5

take all the plastics out... ;) guys what do i buy??

i got 2000 to spend on coilovers.. i wanna be able to adjust it when i want..

any ideas???

TEMPTN
26-02-2008, 08:24 PM
brutha,

22s will fit but u can only have 8.5 wide.. not the normal 9 or 9.5

take all the plastics out... ;) guys what do i buy??

i got 2000 to spend on coilovers.. i wanna be able to adjust it when i want..

any ideas???

i no they will fit but wont be able to lower it as low

SRVTIR
27-02-2008, 09:56 AM
yeh tru..

fark bro.. u think youd atleast deal with it being a little higher than normal on 22's lol lmao they are 22"s man! lol cmon! lol

on a serious note, guys help us out..

i wanna get coilovers.. i wanna drop it to the floor... but i want a good ride.. soft ride.. not hard as a rock lol]

any ideas?

TEMPTN
27-02-2008, 10:16 AM
yeh tru..

fark bro.. u think youd atleast deal with it being a little higher than normal on 22's lol lmao they are 22"s man! lol cmon! lol

on a serious note, guys help us out..

i wanna get coilovers.. i wanna drop it to the floor... but i want a good ride.. soft ride.. not hard as a rock lol]

any ideas?

nah not me bro ill prefer been low and tucking,
than big and high and not tucking
lol
everyone now wants to drop their euros on the floor all of a sudden

siknis
27-02-2008, 12:03 PM
nah not me bro ill prefer been low and tucking,
than big and high and not tucking
lol
everyone now wants to drop their euros on the floor all of a sudden

because those people realised that trying to make a grandpa spec, luxury car fast was pointless :p may as well just slam it

for 2k buy the tein flex... should make you happy with how it can go.

but comfort and handling are not too things you should expect from a truly slammed car. your effectivly removing suspension travel how on earth can you keep the car soft

bar70
30-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Temptn is running K sports;
You can tell by the colour.
My mate has them to but only running 18's.
You should see the camber he has.

the_true_jojo
30-04-2008, 03:05 PM
temptn is only so so....seen much better euro's around....

meh!

TEMPTN
01-05-2008, 01:28 PM
temptn is only so so....seen much better euro's around....

meh!

yeah agree bro temptn so so .. ned to update the euro
and get bigger rims

ryan19
10-02-2010, 06:36 PM
TEMPTN can u post a full side on shot of your??only pics iv seen of it are weird angles. even my euro looks low when u take pic on odd angle.

ryan

CB7_OWNER
10-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Dont think he drives a euro anymore..i ve seen his plates on a gc wrx now.

I can vouch for TEMPTN's low ness (pun intended), it was low as fuk thought it was airbagged. I remember clearly, cause the dick and his mates drove by me while i was sitting down and shouted comments at me..

EDIT: Just checked his Member page.. he has a link of his car in his siggy

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s92/TEMPTN-/Autosalon021.jpg