PDA

View Full Version : roof leaking from window in heavy rain

aznsiko
20-01-2008, 11:46 PM
hey guys

i dont know if this been posted yet or anyone got the same problem.. so lateley its been raining quite heavy at times and when it does.. my roof seems to leak along both sides where the window is.. and its the inside where the seal meets the rail thing.. not the outer side where the seal meets the glass.. mainly from that part where the seals split (half way across the window) and the front corner next to the roof latch..

does anyone have this problem? or know how to fix it? ive had a close and good look at the seal.. it seems to be sitting on right and there arnt any rips or tears..

its pissing me off.. while im driving it just drip drip drip on my shoulder.. FU^$ING HELLLL!!!!!!!!!!

ludecrs
21-01-2008, 05:58 AM
I get that, but only when its absolutely pissing down.

The downside to owning a covertible with a folding ragtop.

ROLLED
21-01-2008, 06:48 AM
most likely a bent/warped chassis...are you sure your car isn't a repaired write off?

LOL jk jk

The solution is "shin-etsu" grease or something, it's found on hardtopguy.com...and its dry grease for the rubber seals, that being said I haven't touched mine and they dont leak water at all...

DNTBLO_S2k
21-01-2008, 07:19 AM
yeh i got the same problem aswell in heavy rain was thinking of some sort of silicon maybe? lol

amirul
21-01-2008, 08:16 AM
yep, same here. like other only when damn heavy rain tho...........

aznsiko
21-01-2008, 05:22 PM
yeah only in real heavy rain.. and ROLLED.. my car aint a repairable write-off i aint a lebo lol.. but seen as your nickname explains it all.. "ROLLED".. so really does your roof leak?? lol..

so you wrekn grease aye boys.. whos up to try it 1st?? i dun wana put grease and shit and it dun work then i got greasy roof.. HAHA f*&$ that shit..

vtek
21-01-2008, 06:02 PM
mine does the same...

destrukshn
21-01-2008, 06:19 PM
don't use normal grease.
try using silicone spray, or rubber care spray.
use a rag and apply it one every 1 - 2 days for 1-2weeks, really rub it in the rubber though, that will soften it up, and probably make it seal better.

NVD52K
21-01-2008, 10:20 PM
lol i tried sikaflexing mine then opened the roof put the convertible back on a hot day and it stuffed up again ill try this grease thing you guys are on about

troys2000
03-02-2008, 12:40 PM
I have the same problem, but i also had a wind noise near the same spot and it tightend the clamps and wind is gone and not much water unless very heavy rain, and i use armour all alot on the rubber seems to help

notahonda
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
man this is hilarious i was driving home today thinking fcuk i gotta sell my car lol... then jumped on the forum and everyone has the same problem lol

VTi_b0i
04-02-2008, 05:37 PM
lol my accord's sunroof leaks so bad in this weather i get a full shower...i know how u all feel cause its so frustraiting i want to drive over a cliff...
does anyone know if there are any sunroof repairers or anything? its that or have someone remove it and weld it up...