PDA

View Full Version : Question on DC2R limited edition????

hondabunny
21-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello,
Looking for a bit of info on a car i havce just purchased.
Its a 2000 Honda Integra Type R limited edition. (Factory leather Recaros)
What i would like to know is,
- How many limited editions were produced?
- Are there any other difference other then leather trim?
- Did they come in any other colour then white?

Any help with this one would be greatly appreciated.

Isaac

P.S. This is a friends username so please dont hassle them with PMs

mku01
21-01-2008, 03:15 PM
you bought that white one with red leather recaro that was on carsales a while ago?

from wat i know is that no type R's ever came in leather recaro, just suede..

hondabunny
21-01-2008, 03:21 PM
you bought that white one with red leather recaro that was on carsales a while ago?

from wat i know is that no type R's ever came in leather recaro, just suede..

No, its a white one with black leather interior.

Isaac

Q_ball
21-01-2008, 03:27 PM
No dc2rs came with leather seats.

In ur case, ur car most probably IS a dc2r... but had its seats stolen or something, and the previous owner just replaced them with leather seats.

Either that, and this is extremely rare, someone retrimmed the recaros to leather... >.<

T-onedc2
21-01-2008, 07:03 PM
I have seen that one and I recall it was trimmed in leather before the owner took delivery, apart from that I think the sunroof was the only difference.

jdm_kid
21-01-2008, 07:07 PM
the limited edition ones have red rear recaro seats.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6192/247361000844ee6f8dfone0.jpg

IZY-10
21-01-2008, 10:03 PM

no they dont. They have floor mats, sticker on the rear window and racing pedals.

gheybo
21-01-2008, 10:15 PM
no they dont. They have floor mats, sticker on the rear window and racing pedals.

very interesting topic, i have floor mats n my dc2r, sticker on the rear window, what sticker do you mean, DOHC VTEC LSD? racing pedals, the metal ones?

Dy_
21-01-2008, 10:16 PM
yellow ones with yellow seats. yum

z3lda
21-01-2008, 10:23 PM

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6192/247361000844ee6f8dfone0.jpg

Rear Red recaros were ONLY available in the Canadian TYPE Rs

limited run of 500 TYPE R's had them

very rear

mrwillz
21-01-2008, 10:24 PM
i want rear red seats

only thing i could think of is, evo 9 has leather recaro's

IZY-10
21-01-2008, 10:25 PM
no not that sticker it is another type not sure exactly what it looks like. And no not necessarly only yellow are limited edition. Yes the metal ones. They where an option but LE ones had the pedals as standard

z3lda
21-01-2008, 10:37 PM
i want rear red seats

only thing i could think of is, evo 9 has leather recaro's

recaro's can in leather from factory,

sr3's millenium edition came in tan leather

Elwood
21-01-2008, 11:10 PM
My car is a special edition.

Factory red recaro's.

mku01
22-01-2008, 12:11 AM
My car is a special edition.

Factory red recaro's.don't think u'd call that special edition... only 01 NHB dc2r's came with red recaros coz mine is lol:thumbsup:

IEVAQ8
22-01-2008, 06:45 AM
the stock options are as follows........
my mechanic who works at honda checked out my car.....
just go into honda with ur vin number and ask them to check the car as it came out of the factory.
mine is as follows.
- yellow with yellow recaros (factory option for black, red or yellow seats)
- integra type r sticker on rear window
- alloy race look pedals
- rear boot strut brace
thge only option mine never came with, was the rear pods and skirts to match.............
other than that its an 01 registered dc2r limited edition..........

like i said, go into a honda dealer or give me ur vin number and i will have the car checked with exactly what mods it came with from factory and also which honda sold it...............

hondabunny
22-01-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks for all the replys, still not really 100% what the story is.
I have called Honda Australia and waiting for them to get back to me.
When i get some facts i will post in this thread.

Thanks again,
Isaac

Jomsy
22-01-2008, 08:06 AM
ive often wondered what the differance was, cause every insurance company list std type r, and a limited edition one

air23box
22-01-2008, 08:12 AM
The limited edition also have thinner windscreen.....

twing
22-01-2008, 12:58 PM
DC2R limited edition adds air-con and sport pedal.
All DC2R has thinner windscreen

http://autoweb.com.au/cms/A_52894/newsarticle.html

xntrik
22-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Do you think you ment the Millenium edition? I know they came with different recaros but not leather.

And I dont ever being recalled DC2-R's LM coming with red rear recaros.

IZY-10
24-01-2008, 08:35 PM
very interesting topic, i have floor mats n my dc2r, sticker on the rear window, what sticker do you mean, DOHC VTEC LSD? racing pedals, the metal ones?

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDAxNzg2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Kazaf
24-01-2008, 09:09 PM
The only limited edition Integra Type R's are the yellow 2001 models, with yellow recaro's and yellow stitched rear seats.

Don't know much about the Indy Special Edition, but have heard about it. There was a black one for sale a couple of years back.

Side skirts came as an option, reason there aren't alot of DC2R's with the optional side skirt is because the idea of paying an extra few hundred dollars for a side skirt when you already have one, is a waste of money, unless the dealer offered it as a package.

Phoenix Yellow and Milano Red DC2R's came with black with red stitching recaro's (01' model yellow came with yellow recaro).
Championship White and Night Hawk Black DC2R's came with red with black stitching.

Floormats or sticker does not make your car any more special than it already is. Floormats came standard, and the sticker across the windscreen or rear came at a cost. DOHC VTEC LSD stickers were on all cars, if not they were either removed by previous owner or dried up from the sun.

I don't know any DC2R's that do not have air conditioning, only ones that have done an engine conversion, or removed it for the track.
All DC2R's came with air conditioning.

teggiboy
25-01-2008, 12:24 PM
The only limited edition Integra Type R's are the yellow 2001 models, with yellow recaro's and yellow stitched rear seats.

Don't know much about the Indy Special Edition, but have heard about it. There was a black one for sale a couple of years back.

Side skirts came as an option, reason there aren't alot of DC2R's with the optional side skirt is because the idea of paying an extra few hundred dollars for a side skirt when you already have one, is a waste of money, unless the dealer offered it as a package.

Phoenix Yellow and Milano Red DC2R's came with black with red stitching recaro's (01' model yellow came with yellow recaro).
Championship White and Night Hawk Black DC2R's came with red with black stitching.

Floormats or sticker does not make your car any more special than it already is. Floormats came standard, and the sticker across the windscreen or rear came at a cost. DOHC VTEC LSD stickers were on all cars, if not they were either removed by previous owner or dried up from the sun.

I don't know any DC2R's that do not have air conditioning, only ones that have done an engine conversion, or removed it for the track.

hhmm... i don't believe what you have said is all entirely true. I drive a yellow 2001 dc2r with yellow recaros, and from my understanding, in 2001, honda allowed buyers a choice with yellow or black recaro's.... also black or red for nighthawk black dc2r. My car also came with car mats, side skirts and rear pods, which i was told to be a factory option for $1300.

In the owners manual, there is nothing to say it was a limited edition, and there is no limited edition sticker anywhere on the car. I don't have the metal pedals or rear strut as some people have mentioned it should have.

Mine does come with a/c as well, and I have seen a dc2r for sale without the a/c option. It wasn't because it was ripped out for tracking. The a/c button not there and had dummy cover.

I originally believed that mine was a limited edition, because I've only seen 2 other dc2r's with yellow recaro's. Everybody who has seen my car have asked me if i had retrimmed them, since they are so rare. But after speaking to lots of people, I've come to the conclusion that its not a limited edition. All the extra's that i got such as yellow recaro's, side skirts, and rear pods were all factory options. Anybody who had the money could get those.

I even spoke to some people at honda, but they were not very knowledgable at all... they reckon the previous owner retrimmed them...hahaha...what a joke!! another guy at honda told me the difference between a dc5r and dc5s is the rear spoiler....HAHAHA....stupid people!!

IZY-10
25-01-2008, 09:41 PM

omg read previous posts. Yellow recaros came in 2001 itrs. It doesn't make it LE. LE models where produced from mid 2000-late 2000. Only difference is LE came standard with racing pedals, floor mats, a/c and a type r decal on the rear windscreen like the one in the link i posted up in my last post

Kiki
25-01-2008, 10:40 PM
I originally believed that mine was a limited edition, because I've only seen 2 other dc2r's with yellow recaro's. Everybody who has seen my car have asked me if i had retrimmed them, since they are so rare.

Haha yeh ive seen a few yellow type R's with yellow seats when i worked at honda .... and when i told my mates who loved hondas that some yellow ones have yellow seats....They wouldnt have a bar of it lol ...OH THE PAIN SILLY PEOPLE!!

And to previous posts A/c was an option

And on another note my type R's recaros are the REDEST GOING AROUND and still FIRM....therefore my type R is the rarest:thumbsup::p

and i now want RED rear seats...:p

z3lda
25-01-2008, 10:49 PM
lol you'll have no chance of acquiring real oem rear red recaros. lol

jdm_kid
26-01-2008, 07:26 AM
i only saw it once for sale, and it was up for bid. it was up to 1.2k with lots of time left lol damn.

ricki_kalsi
01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
The rear seats are made by Honda apparently. Not recaro... they are upholsered in the Honda factory. So all in all, they are nothing special!