PDA

View Full Version : cusco e controller installation booket in english?

sinobi
21-01-2008, 04:08 PM
can anyone help mi ???
i cant read jap....

sinobi
21-01-2008, 05:52 PM
dun worry i think i got it now
but just hab to make sure
http://www.rx8club.com/showthread.php?t=105223&page=4

Spunkymonkey
21-01-2008, 06:33 PM
This is info I had from various forums: SORTA ALL OVER THE PLACE BUT SHOULD HELP A BIT

" OK GUYS,

ECON WIRING HARNESS INFO:

RED = CONSTANT +12V

YELLOW = ILLUMINATION

BLACK = GROUND

When installing the actuators MAKE SURE THAT THE DAMPERS ARE SET TO "1".

AT STARTUP THE CONTROLLER WILL RUN THROUGH A TEST CYCLE EACH TIME THE CAR IS TURNED ON. THIS IS VERBATIM WHAT CUSCO TOLD ME."

Spunkymonkey
21-01-2008, 06:34 PM
" Nice Japanese instructions came with both the coilovers and the control unit file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gifBut as I understand now, here's a quick DIY for the control unit:

1) front - Install the coilover - turn the dial to 1 setting, mount accuator (& metal spacer) w/2 screws & wire facing side of car.
2) rear- As you install the coilover into the car & making sure dial is set to 1 setting, mount the accuator (& metal spacer) w/2 screws w/wire facing to side of car.
3) run cables to control display. Connect black-grnd, red +12, yellow, night lighting

Anybody have the wiring diagram for the headunit on the RX8? Where did you tap for illumination? Switched, Constant, and ground are easy.

My client is getting an aftermarket system so his car will be easy for me. just figured you guys might be able to post up which wire you tapped for illumination. did you just grab it off the fuse box or something?

ALSO, SINCE THERE DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE A SWITCHED WIRE IS THIS DEVICE ON AT ALL TIMES?"

Spunkymonkey
21-01-2008, 06:36 PM
"
Rishie,
when installing my gauges i tapped into the radios wires for the dimmer - is that the illumination your talking about?

That was over a year ago, and i dont have the Factory Radio wiring harness diagram anymore, otherwise i'd post it up. I got it from my local dealerships service manual. If your local dealer can provide it for ya, that would probably be what you need.
As far as staying on - I used the power wire from the radio for my gauges and boost controller. They all turn off with the car.

i used the radio light switch instead for that reason. My gauges come on when the car comes on, but they dont flip over to "night mode", meaning the gagues get brighter, and the contorl unit lights up... unless i turn my lights on.

I imagine youll want something similar for the cusco control unit. For me it shouldnt be too hard. I just need to retap the wires i've already tapped before. HEHEHE file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif

Making headway with the install. For me removing my Autoexe front and rear 4-pt strut bars 1st was quite a bit of extra work. Then there was making the new firewall passthru on the passenger side and fishing the wires. Had to take out my 20uf flux capacitor, and modified washer bag that was mounted there.

I made the hole big enough for the two Cusco cables, Traqmate RPM sensor cable, and future gauge pod wires, so ended up using a 4-wire cable so when I get to that I won't have to redo this.

Lastly, got all the coilovers in, actually that wasn't too difficult.

So far only question I've had was - On the rear, if you look at the pic 'sleve' you can see a metal sleve that slips into the lower attachment hole for the shock body. The OEMs have a solid metal piece fused there going all the way thru the rubber bushing, but the Cusco's have (interestingly no rubber bushing) and a sleve with a flange that fit's into the shock body hole but doesn't go all the way thru."

sinobi
21-01-2008, 06:59 PM
ehhehe thanks