PDA

View Full Version : Noob question regarding engine swap

bodaas
21-01-2008, 05:33 PM
i dont know if this thread has been posted by someone else before

if no, then i would like to ask very noob question hopefully to those people who done engine swap will be helpfull to me

1. do i have to do pink or blue slip again after swap??

2 how to get engine certificate, is it hard to get it?? say if you do it yourself engine swap or should i better go to mechanic (since i worry about cops check)

3. whats other thing that i need to research?? eg. engine number check before you buy from wrecker etc etc

5. anymore??

rayb3na_
22-01-2008, 01:31 AM
uhmms not sure but i think you got it pretty much covered you need to register the engine with the car and if your going more then 15% displacement or something like say from a 1.6 to a 2.0 you will need to get it engineered to make sure the bigger engine capacity has the appropriate brakes etc etc for that. you can do it with mates and then get it engineered at a mechanics i think someone correct me if im wrong. but yeah thats it i think. my 2cents if it helped PQ ME! =DD

Redlinemotorsport
22-01-2008, 08:47 AM
i dont know if this thread has been posted by someone else before

if no, then i would like to ask very noob question hopefully to those people who done engine swap will be helpfull to me

1. do i have to do pink or blue slip again after swap??

2 how to get engine certificate, is it hard to get it?? say if you do it yourself engine swap or should i better go to mechanic (since i worry about cops check)

3. whats other thing that i need to research?? eg. engine number check before you buy from wrecker etc etc

5. anymore??

if u are going from lets say a d15 to a b16 you dont need an engineer, anything over 200cc bigger and u need a certifcate.

Benson
22-01-2008, 09:47 AM
1. do i have to do pink or blue slip again after swap?? Just a blue slip with change of records (engine number change) $30

2 how to get engine certificate, is it hard to get it?? say if you do it yourself engine swap or should i better go to mechanic (since i worry about cops check) Depends on what capacity you choose. Cops are dumb anyways, all honda engines to them are the same

Make sure the engine isnt a stolen one

beeza
22-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Make sure the engine isnt a stolen one

Can U ring REVS for that?

B16bcivic
04-02-2008, 06:31 PM
1. If do by urself cost nothing but afterwards take it to a shopp to check it. They will state whats wrong( be smart they will try and lie to bang for buck from you) and tell you what needs fixing. Get them to blue print it to legal. Only thats if its 200cc over as already been stated.

2. If you do it your self and engine size is under 2ltrs your fine, just register it at transport and let them know you got a new engine. Cops might be stupid but only some. but most knows what they are dealing with when it comes to cops that patrols the roads where racers race (Only caops down south are smart, Up north where cairns and townsville is and are, are dumb as F***. They will check if the are nice they will let you go.

3. If you buy an engine from a wrecker, you don't need to worry about stolen or what not, Why if its stolen you will get your money back, theres reciept.

bodaas
05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
1. If do by urself cost nothing but afterwards take it to a shopp to check it. They will state whats wrong( be smart they will try and lie to bang for buck from you) and tell you what needs fixing. Get them to blue print it to legal. Only thats if its 200cc over as already been stated.

2. If you do it your self and engine size is under 2ltrs your fine, just register it at transport and let them know you got a new engine. Cops might be stupid but only some. but most knows what they are dealing with when it comes to cops that patrols the roads where racers race (Only caops down south are smart, Up north where cairns and townsville is and are, are dumb as F***. They will check if the are nice they will let you go.

3. If you buy an engine from a wrecker, you don't need to worry about stolen or what not, Why if its stolen you will get your money back, theres reciept.

thx thats help me alot

B16bcivic
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Welcome bro.