PDA

View Full Version : ABS light......

BLE5SD_S2K
21-01-2008, 09:04 PM
hey guys, just wondering if anyone can help me?

i put coilovers in my car, and when i took the car for a test drive the ABS light is now on......What stupid mistake could i have done?:(

teh_mechanic
21-01-2008, 09:17 PM
you have probably bumped one of the sensors down near the wheel.they are pretty temperamental,they dont like getting knocked around.make sure you connected the sensors back up, and bolted them back where they are supposed to be bolted,if light still on,you will need to short out the service connector to read the number of blinks the abs light does to get yourself an abs fault code,then atleast you will have an idea of what the problem is

BLE5SD_S2K
21-01-2008, 09:29 PM
you have probably bumped one of the sensors down near the wheel.they are pretty temperamental,they dont like getting knocked around.make sure you connected the sensors back up, and bolted them back where they are supposed to be bolted,if light still on,you will need to short out the service connector to read the number of blinks the abs light does to get yourself an abs fault code,then atleast you will have an idea of what the problem is

thanks man....ill give it a shot in the morning.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DNTBLO_S2k
22-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Your Brakes Still Work Louiey? Haha When Did U Get Coilovers? Ill Come Past And Have A Look.

BLE5SD_S2K
22-01-2008, 08:15 AM
Your Brakes Still Work Louiey? Haha When Did U Get Coilovers? Ill Come Past And Have A Look.

yeh the brakes work fine man.......its just annoying coz i can see the bloody ABS light on in the cluster......:mad:

NVD52K
22-01-2008, 08:29 AM
what brand coil overs did you put in mind if i ask? are they any good

amirul
22-01-2008, 09:58 AM
very nice louie, i take it u gonna slam it harder ey!

Vuey
22-01-2008, 10:52 AM
yeh the brakes work fine man.......its just annoying coz i can see the bloody ABS light on in the cluster......:mad:

test your ABS and see if it still kicks in. I had this problem last year, i actually ran over a piece of debris on the road and it tore the ABS sensor near the my rear wheel hub . You will beed to get it checked by a mechanic if you dont know where they are located . My mechanic sourced me a 2nd hand sensor for $120 fitted. New ones are about $300.

BLE5SD_S2K
22-01-2008, 08:59 PM
test your ABS and see if it still kicks in. I had this problem last year, i actually ran over a piece of debris on the road and it tore the ABS sensor near the my rear wheel hub . You will beed to get it checked by a mechanic if you dont know where they are located . My mechanic sourced me a 2nd hand sensor for $120 fitted. New ones are about $300.

yeh i got it checked by my mate and he said they are all connected.....apparently i have to take it to honda to reset the light???

luder
23-01-2008, 06:26 AM
lowez, try resetting the ecu before taking it to honda or anywhere else - disconnect battery for about a minute - worth a shot

Vuey
23-01-2008, 07:03 AM
yeh i got it checked by my mate and he said they are all connected.....apparently i have to take it to honda to reset the light???

If your in Syd , go to Hanny's will probably do it for free - takes about 15mins . As they tried resetting my ECU , but the light stayed on , but it turned out the sensor was stuffed .

DNTBLO_S2k
23-01-2008, 07:20 AM
oh yeh loey take it to hanny s man they good, better and cheaper than honda haha but he mite say its the 20's casue he dont like crome lol

ECU-MAN
23-01-2008, 12:11 PM
lots of miss information above

to reset the ABS ECU you cant just disconect the battery, you have to use the SCS connecotr and the Brake pedal.

you have either left the sensor unplugged or you have killed it by stretching its wire and damaging the wire while you where fitting the shocks

if nothing is unplugged bridge the SCS connector to find the code of which sesnor is at fault, then use a multi meter to test the sensor for damage. If you find a faulty sensor then replace the faulty sensor and reset the ABS ECU

BLE5SD_S2K
23-01-2008, 08:08 PM
lots of miss information above

to reset the ABS ECU you cant just disconect the battery, you have to use the SCS connecotr and the Brake pedal.

you have either left the sensor unplugged or you have killed it by stretching its wire and damaging the wire while you where fitting the shocks

if nothing is unplugged bridge the SCS connector to find the code of which sesnor is at fault, then use a multi meter to test the sensor for damage. If you find a faulty sensor then replace the faulty sensor and reset the ABS ECU

whats the SCS???

teh_mechanic
23-01-2008, 08:21 PM
service connector .....somthing. its the connector you bridge out to get the dash to flash up fault codes