PDA

View Full Version : window came out of railing

AZ51LK
22-01-2008, 12:11 PM
heylo. the dirvers side window of my coupe came out of the railing.

how much does this usually cost to fix up and can anyone recommend anything?

thankyou kindly!
irvs

Kiz_EG6
22-01-2008, 12:17 PM
heylo. the dirvers side window of my coupe came out of the railing.

how much does this usually cost to fix up and can anyone recommend anything?

thankyou kindly!
irvs

Just take the door skin off and put the window back on, if it's a repeat problem, then you can put some silicon in the channel!

Cost: $2 tube of silicon, 1/2 hr labor max!!

AZ51LK
22-01-2008, 12:39 PM
Just take the door skin off and put the window back on, if it's a repeat problem, then you can put some silicon in the channel!

Cost: $2 tube of silicon, 1/2 hr labor max!!

it's a repeat problem. i've already taken the door apart and applied silicon [about 2 years ago]... then i was doing a hard left with the window half way down and it slid right out again about a month ago!

now i want someone who knows what they're doing to do it for me >=/

thanks!
irvs

Kiz_EG6
22-01-2008, 01:02 PM
it's a repeat problem. i've already taken the door apart and applied silicon [about 2 years ago]... then i was doing a hard left with the window half way down and it slid right out again about a month ago!

now i want someone who knows what they're doing to do it for me >=/

thanks!
irvs

2 years isn't really what i would call a repeat problem, but ok.

Well guess just take it down to your local mechanic or panel shop, sorry, dunno bout cost though, depends how freindly they are feeling!! :p

EuroDude
22-01-2008, 01:04 PM
The problem with using Silicon and other liquid lubricants is that they attract dirt and build up causing excess friction.

Get the window reinstalled - if its just come out of the rubber at the top, you should be able to pop it back in. But if its come out of the rail within the door itself at the bottom, get an auto repair shop to do it since it can be very hard accessing the rails.

Once the window is back in, poor some Graphite Powder in the guide lines. You may wanna wash the rails with mild detergent and let it dry, before applying the powder.

AZ51LK
22-01-2008, 01:42 PM
The problem with using Silicon and other liquid lubricants is that they attract dirt and build up causing excess friction.

Get the window reinstalled - if its just come out of the rubber at the top, you should be able to pop it back in. But if its come out of the rail within the door itself at the bottom, get an auto repair shop to do it since it can be very hard accessing the rails.

Once the window is back in, poor some Graphite Powder in the guide lines. You may wanna wash the rails with mild detergent and let it dry, before applying the powder.

haha i used graphite powder too before. stained my car coz i didnt wash it off [my car's white]! ugh... but yeh thanks for the responses guys. i hate my door.

ill take it to the garage.

EuroDude
22-01-2008, 05:35 PM
lol yeah graphite powder can get messy. Its best to use the bottles with a long thin snout so you can 'puff' it deep in the rails.