PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know What This Is Called?

aowwllan
23-01-2008, 02:08 AM
I think its a reflector but.. still dont know.. i wanna DIY but dont know where to buy it.. it also lights up when u turn on the lights.

does anyone know what its called..?

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9361/aaaaaamc1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

heres a clip on youtube of how it looks like.. i know its a street race.. but thats the only clip i can find with this light thing on the bumper LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYmRoQ6hgAI

Encor3
23-01-2008, 02:44 AM
excels have them,
they are called rear fog lights

Dell99
23-01-2008, 02:52 AM
i might also add. That wen turned on HATED by everyone

Mugen_B16B
23-01-2008, 03:44 AM
bright annoying lights, but jdm man, they also have them in the fronts too but u gotto cut ur bumper

T-onedc2
23-01-2008, 07:01 AM
The only Japanese cars to have these are Euro spec cars. IMO, not cool ;)

SHOGUNOVDDRK
23-01-2008, 08:44 AM

i like these :D :thumbsup:

just not on excels and focuses :cool:

if you can find a oem/decent set get them and put them on :cool: (it would be jdm and unique) hell if you find 2 just stash it away because one day it will be worth something

if your a whore for the whole function > fashion thing then it just really varies for what sought of driving you do,

like if you do lots of "touge" runs or drive lots at night these can be usefull

if your looking for a set find some UK honda forums and should be able to get a set cheap (its just postage thats a killer) also try a nz honda forum (as there imho the second jdm land)

if your too lazy i can have my friend who works at a junkyard to source you one :)

good luck on your quest for uniqueness and as some people are going to think....may god have mercy on your soul :angel:

aowwllan
23-01-2008, 09:57 AM

i like these :D :thumbsup:

just not on excels and focuses :cool:

if you can find a oem/decent set get them and put them on :cool: (it would be jdm and unique) hell if you find 2 just stash it away because one day it will be worth something

if your a whore for the whole function > fashion thing then it just really varies for what sought of driving you do,

like if you do lots of "touge" runs or drive lots at night these can be usefull

if your looking for a set find some UK honda forums and should be able to get a set cheap (its just postage thats a killer) also try a nz honda forum (as there imho the second jdm land)

if your too lazy i can have my friend who works at a junkyard to source you one :)

good luck on your quest for uniqueness and as some people are going to think....may god have mercy on your soul :angel:

try help me out man! i dont care i like it!

Kiz_EG6
23-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Both gay and a pain in the arse!

aowwllan
23-01-2008, 05:12 PM

differnt people got different tastes lads.

Munted
23-01-2008, 05:57 PM
If they are fog lights you cannot use them unless it's foggy or visibility is reduced. From the page 55 of Driving in Victoria: rules and responsibilities on the Vic Roads (http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/Home/RulesStandardsRegulations/RoadRulesRegulations/) website:

You may use hazard warning lights if you are driving in dangerous weather conditions, such as fog, or smoke, or if you are driving slowly and likely to obstruct other vehicles or pedestrians. You must not operate rear fog lights unless driving in fog or hazardous weather conditions.

I've been driving with a mate and he's been pulled over for this before. I don't know about other states. They're a real nuisance when people put them on at night because they're so bright. Although if you're asking if they're a reflector then maybe it's just for the look. But then again if it's just for looks; well I certainly wouldn't pay money for them!

1996ek1
23-01-2008, 06:21 PM
Hey aowwllan can you give me link you got photo from?
I think i hav pics of this car but from the front...

55EXX
23-01-2008, 07:36 PM
yeah Qld has the same road rules. just don't drive with them on or you will be hated by everyone. i think the clean rear bumper looks better. clean is always better.

DLO01
23-01-2008, 08:06 PM

Agree to a degree. They are there for a reson. They are just anoying when drivers turn them on when its a clear day.

sam.
23-01-2008, 08:20 PM
not a fan, but each to their own!

aowwllan
24-01-2008, 01:27 AM
Hey aowwllan can you give me link you got photo from?
I think i hav pics of this car but from the front...

hey man i had it in a folder on my comp... and uploaded it.

aowwllan
24-01-2008, 01:31 AM
for looks something different. how do u guys know that its bright? have u seen a car with it on the road b4? because i havnt

NeoNode
24-01-2008, 03:02 AM
for looks something different. how do u guys know that its bright? have u seen a car with it on the road b4? because i havnt
Yes they have the same intensity as if you applied the brakes, perhaps a tad brighter, massive glare too might I add.

Good in fog, extremely heavy rain and tailgaters, and not much else.

dsp26
24-01-2008, 07:35 AM
they are gay on the exels and i've noticed real haters smash em as i've driven behind a few broken ones...

easily solved as long as you put low intensity bulbs in em like crappy T10 LEDs or 5w T10 filament bulbs

only place i've seen em is eBay :)

sorry to the others despite myself hating them also... i guess the OP really likes em... just don't be surprised if you find em broken :p