PDA

View Full Version : Little update..

Centurius
23-01-2008, 12:42 PM
As some of you know, i've been gettin parts together to boost my CRX for a while now, so just a little update for those playing at home...

Car is now running on a base tune (175hp), need to replace some faulty sensors (including TPS), thermal wrap some things, install fuel pump, figure what demon is possessing my gearbox, and get my guages, catch can & battery box all sorted, then it's back up to chapmans for the full boost final tune. Gotta wait till the bank balance recovers from the christmas break before getting it all happening though, so for now it's the cheap & DIY stuff.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/53ERX/Turbo%2053ERX/DSC00079.jpg
(front bar is matt black in this pic, didn't get time to paint it before chrissy, all done now tho :) )

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/53ERX/Turbo%2053ERX/DSC00054.jpg
new tails :p... and i've sinced given the exhaust tip a bit of a rub-back..

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t92/53ERX/Turbo%2053ERX/DSC00053.jpg
bit of a rats-nest but you get the idea..

All pics are off my new phone, so a little on the dodgy side. Once she's all purdy again I'll be organising a photoshoot with an SLR, but don't hold your breath, it may take a bit lol.

Thoughts?

Sexc86
23-01-2008, 06:01 PM
woohoo another Qld D16T..

Car looks good, like its theme especially the black Cooler. For me it could be a bit lower though. That is an awsome intake manifold.

What ecu you running, what turbo, and who is your tuner? and is the 175 Whp? post up some youtube 1st/2nd gear pulls and some dyno sheets.

LUD35
23-01-2008, 08:08 PM
black on black on black...I love it! pity its no vtec tho :D but still props for a good looking CRX with some punch

Centurius
24-01-2008, 09:11 AM
thanks lyle, and LUD35, and to answer the questions, it's running a stinger EMS, high flowed GT28, and being tuned by chapmans @ cooroy.
rob up there has had quite a bit of experience tuning vitara 1600's, and as you know, they're quite similar to the DOHC D's. and yes, of course it's whp.. will be quite a bit higher by the time i'm done, wanting to run 18-20psi. need to sort out gearbox before doing some proper 1st/2nd pulls for vid though lol

and who needs vtec when you've got custom billet cams?

Edit: and yes, sometimes i wish it was lower too, but it's very practical at this height, and handles a dream with the koni's and various whiteline components. The manifold/TB is huge, but should be all good when it's boosting a bit higher, and the TPS is actually enabled.

Klayemore
26-01-2008, 11:23 AM
Pfft. Who needs practicality when you drive a Honda.

tekung89
29-01-2008, 09:58 PM
175hp at the treads on a crx :D must be fun to drive

Centurius
31-01-2008, 12:32 PM
175hp at the treads on a crx :D must be fun to drive

definetely a bit of fun, but it's good for a fair bit more..

doesn't hurt that the a/c and interior is stripped out. anything to help the power:weight :)

b18c_crx
01-02-2008, 11:55 PM
can we have some info on the motor?

Centurius
04-02-2008, 12:43 PM
actually got off my ass over the weekend and plumbed the catch can to bottom end and head, dropped and changed the gearbox oil (was scary low :( ), installed the EBC, set up the wideband o2 guage, fixed a boost leak (boost comes on bit quicker/harder now) and did some general tidying of all the crap that had accumulated in the cabin with all the wiring of extra bits and pieces lol

the engine was in a Gen2 CRX previously making 240hp at the treads, on a bigger turbo, with A LOT more spent on other parts as well (custom fuel rails, better piping/cooler, Motec ECU, etc etc) so i know it's good for the power, i'll just have to run higher boost than he did to make up a bit of the difference.

It's pretty much built from the ground up. 4-puck brass button clutch, balanced crank, arias pistons, block brace, custom billet cams, etc. not exactly a stock D16

edit: i'll be down in boondall on sunday ice-skating with some of the CRXAus peeps for a bit of a laugh, you're all welcome to join us, and check out the car if you want then. session is 11am-3pm or somesuch.

Sexc86
04-02-2008, 04:39 PM
ACTUALLY!! i remember this engine!!.. was for sale on ebay few years ago ?.. i knew it looked familiar! 2005/2006 ? ... was considering it too but then came to my senses and realised the Sohc Vtec D16 was far superior... ;)

Centurius
05-02-2008, 09:07 AM
ACTUALLY!! i remember this engine!!.. was for sale on ebay few years ago ?.. i knew it looked familiar! 2005/2006 ? ... was considering it too but then came to my senses and realised the Sohc Vtec D16 was far superior... ;)

not sure, i got it from matt (mr honda), and he said it'd been sitting about 6months before i got it in about march/april '07, so could have been 2006 it was first up for sale.
i would have loved to build one up similar, but with the mortgage breathing down my back, i had to do it on a budget. and this was an opportunity to do more than i could with the same money on a basic rod/piston build.

rock out with your SOHC out :p lol

Sexc86
05-02-2008, 10:56 AM
haha thanks bruv... yeh matt must of bought it off the fella who was selling it. Cant wait to see it finished man

Centurius
05-02-2008, 12:29 PM
matt had this one built for one of his civics, but put it in a mates crx instead... might not be the same? meh, either way it's mine now lol

anyone keen for sunday?

Centurius
19-02-2008, 12:39 PM
stripped timing belt FTL :(

oh, and i didnt end up skating due to some rather unpleasant steam/boiling coolant burns to the face/neck/R.Hand. spent the arv in hospital instead :( ice skating take 2 - 9th march :)

Sexc86
19-02-2008, 02:33 PM
shit mate what exactly happened... hope everything is ok

Centurius
20-02-2008, 09:01 AM
to me or the timing belt?

timing belt: was driving home (about 10 past midnight) sunday night along the highway and suddenly had no power. i just let it stall out and rolled off the side of the road. had it towed in the morning and found the prob. hopefully no other damage, will find out today :S

me: just your basic self-stupidity story. should have been concentrating instead of trying to carry a conversation, check traffic, and hurriedly bleed pressure from the rad :( all good, most of my skin has grown back now. just a lil raw

Centurius
08-05-2008, 12:30 PM
haha, just realised how long it's been since i updated here.

Was no permanent damage caused by the stripped timing belt teeth, thank the lord for low-comp pistons hey?

not as much progress as i'd like, but all that really needs to be done now before the re-tune is to install the walbro and a few lil electrical gremlins that will be sorted in the next week, then i can actually get some decent power to the ground :)