PDA

View Full Version : engine mount info ?

Jay
23-08-2004, 02:26 PM
hey,
I've currently got a EG civic gli and gona do a b16a conversion (home job).
i was wondering if i get a full sir half cut would the engine mounts be a straight swap from the half cut into my car ?

bennjamin
23-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Please inform us with the full specs of the halfcut...as " SiR" refers to a NON-EG car from japan....i believe either an older EF8 , or a newer dc2.

But- assuming what u probably mean - a SiR II halfcut from a EG6 - there shouldnt be any major problem concerning - as the engine was made for your bodyshell. In other words , it should be a straight bolt up. (mount wise)

Use the SEARCH ! *click me* (http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/search.php?) tool on this site - there is a few guys in here , with EG cars , that have doen the very same conversion.

SiR JDM
23-08-2004, 04:11 PM
Make sure all the mounts are intack or you could do some serious damage to ur engine

eg.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~akaisen/personal/engmount.jpg

This was one my mount from my EG > b16a conversion

Good luck with the conversion, im also in melb so holla if u need ne help ill do my best =)

SIKCVC
23-08-2004, 04:33 PM
as SiR JDM just showed... the front left torque mount is always mangled... its not too much of an issue, but worth the $75 to replace.

Bennjamin: the EG6 is the SiR the SiRII is the Ferio EG9. The EK4 was given the SiRII title as well.

The engine transfer is literally the easy part. its just a matter of taking out the old one and putting in the new one. Its the wiring thats difficalt but my advice, since you own a GLi (is it carby or EFI???) get an auto sparky to do the wiring and if you've got a carby engine, the fuel pump upgrade etc.

As for the mounts... I'm 90% sure all the chasis' are the same (as far as engine mount location is concerned) its the actual mounts which bolt to the engine (the rubber surround part) which changes for each engine location within the engine bay.

for example:
The d16a8/ZC engines sit tilted back slightly compared to the B16a which has a larger intake manifold. but the g/box etc sit further back than the ZC. this is done with shorter tranny mounts, not to mention the b16a g/box is slightly long in physical length and the mount itself bolts onto the box in a slightly different fashion BUT mounts to the chasis in exactly the same place.

Hope that helps a little... if you can let people know if you have a carby or EFi engine more advice can be dispenced... hopfully for your sake its the EFi engine, which saves a bit of cash due to the fact that no fuel system upgrades are required and its "as simple as" replacing the Gli loom with the SiR loom.

[[d a n n y]]
23-08-2004, 04:56 PM
as SiR JDM just showed... the front left torque mount is always mangled... its not too much of an issue, but worth the $75 to replace.

Bennjamin: the EG6 is the SiR the SiRII is the Ferio EG9. The EK4 was given the SiRII title as well.

The engine transfer is literally the easy part. its just a matter of taking out the old one and putting in the new one. Its the wiring thats difficalt but my advice, since you own a GLi (is it carby or EFI???) get an auto sparky to do the wiring and if you've got a carby engine, the fuel pump upgrade etc.

As for the mounts... I'm 90% sure all the chasis' are the same (as far as engine mount location is concerned) its the actual mounts which bolt to the engine (the rubber surround part) which changes for each engine location within the engine bay.

for example:
The d16a8/ZC engines sit tilted back slightly compared to the B16a which has a larger intake manifold. but the g/box etc sit further back than the ZC. this is done with shorter tranny mounts, not to mention the b16a g/box is slightly long in physical length and the mount itself bolts onto the box in a slightly different fashion BUT mounts to the chasis in exactly the same place.

Hope that helps a little... if you can let people know if you have a carby or EFi engine more advice can be dispenced... hopfully for your sake its the EFi engine, which saves a bit of cash due to the fact that no fuel system upgrades are required and its "as simple as" replacing the Gli loom with the SiR loom.

SIR-ll is EG6 for sure no doubt.

Setanta
23-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Umm - I'm going to differ on this guys. The EF9 was optioned as either a SiR or a SiR II, followed by the EG6 in both trims and the EK4 for that matter :) It's a trim level, not a designation for a particular model.

Setanta
23-08-2004, 06:17 PM
To verify, go to this site: http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/index.html

Note that it's Honda Japan's official history website (and is in Japanese) but if you select Civic and click on the 4th, 5th and 6th gen pics, you will see that they list the EF9, EG6 and EK4 in SiR and SiR II trim... and if anyone wants to argue about the EF9 not being a SiR II as well as a SiR I'll post the damn catalogue which proves it! :D

tinkerbell
23-08-2004, 06:29 PM
this sort of stuff can be checked via the honda.co.jp site at:

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/civic/92cv-k-109a/line_up.html

since it shows the SiR and SiRII as both having B16A's and both being listed as EG6

the EG9 = the Ferio (or four door) adn is a SiR

as danny stated - the EG6 was the only SiRII offered. (except of course for the EDIT: EF's and EK's)

Setanta
23-08-2004, 06:40 PM
this sort of stuff can be checked via the honda.co.jp site at:

http://www.honda.co.jp/HOT/ModelData/civic/92cv-k-109a/line_up.html

since it shows the SiR and SiRII as both having B16A's and both being listed as EG6

the EG9 = the Ferio (or four door) adn is a SiR

as danny stated - the EG6 was the only SiRII offered. (except of course for the EK's)

Like I said, it was also EF9s (also check the Honda jp site)

... but hell, I'll post the proof:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~setanta/ef9/EF9_SiR_Brochure.jpg
I had to reduce the file - each page of the EF9 and EF9 Mugen options catalogues I have are 40meg+ tiffs ;)

tinkerbell
23-08-2004, 06:43 PM
LOL @ Setana & tinkerbell!!!

tinkerbell
23-08-2004, 06:47 PM
yes, EF's too! thanks Setana - note my edited post.

BTW - Jay, sorry for being Off Topic, but i hope this info helps in some way...

Setanta
23-08-2004, 06:47 PM
BTW: Does anyone read Japanese? I have the specs page which differentiates the EF9 SiR from the SiR II, but it's all in Japanese.

Setanta
23-08-2004, 06:48 PM
heheh - ty... no leaving the EFs out ;) It's bad enough that they get chosen last when people pick teams... I don't need mine getting a complex :D

bennjamin
23-08-2004, 07:49 PM
tee hee hee....personally...the Ef's look the best anyway :)

I stand corrected and good info guys !

Keep it on topic to the "engine mount" topic tho :):):)

Jay
24-08-2004, 12:46 PM
hey thankz pplz
my car is a efi btw
i know the carbis would give me more problems so i got a efi
ill post how my conversion goes as i do it
hopefully in late october it should start or earlier !

sugarfree
01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
only EG6 and EK4(hatch) got the SiR and SiRII trim.

only difference that i know is the lsd tranny. also, SiRII trim only come at the later production year, not the earlier.

tinkerbell
01-04-2008, 07:16 PM
thread necromancer? is that you?

EG5[KRT]
02-04-2008, 12:11 AM
i believe sir II came with abs and traction control ? not sure about the normal one but to answer the original question yeah it will bolt straight in mate :D