PDA

View Full Version : Car wont start..

rayb3na_
24-01-2008, 05:18 PM
sigh after changing my dizzy my alarm etc etc.. car still has some issues starting.. i just changed the fuel filter and snapped the bolt in the process found a replacement and added a few too many washers not sure whether its still leaking though but yeah still the main problem is car doesnt want tos tart.. it cranks then just cuts out but continues cranking.. sigh.. time for an engine swap? or would taking it to a mechanic be of help? anybody here from around strathfield area take a look at it for me.. ive only very absic knowledge about mechanics.. >< HELP!!!

LIV3
24-01-2008, 05:37 PM
have you checked the battery? and/or battery terminals? make sure its a clear connection so it gets enough power to start *shrugs*

egads
24-01-2008, 05:43 PM
main relay? does the fuel pump prime with ignition on? (reds)

bennjamin
24-01-2008, 07:12 PM
what replacement "bolt" did you use in the fuel filter ? you might of used a normal bolt and the fuel cannot get thru.

rayb3na_
25-01-2008, 03:08 AM
yeah checked the terminals their good, fuels getting into the engine though so thats why im really stumped.. my mate goes i mightve flooded the motor when i changed the filter pulled out all the plugs they were dry as a bone but when i put em back in car started. nrma came to inspect the car they didnt see any problem with it -_- just that my filter was seeping out fuel.. getting a replacement bolt tomorrow no idea where to go anybody got one lying around?

bennjamin
25-01-2008, 10:38 AM
take a foto dude of the bolt you "replaced" ok.

There should be a small 12mm bolt ontop , then a washer , then a larger 17mm bolt and then another washer.

Paul1985
25-01-2008, 11:24 AM
so the car started after you checked your plugs and re-installed them??

How old are these plugs?

Before you said you had it started i was thinking ignition switch or main relay.

rayb3na_
25-01-2008, 11:32 AM
yeah ive been told it was the main relay a few times the brown thing udnerneath the dash yeah? i dont think it was that giving me the problem.. like yeah i heard hondas soemtimes had those problems u give it a bit of a wiggle or a flick it jumps properly again or something? nah there not old 5000kms maybe they ngk iridiums? so im prety sure they not the plugs..

rayb3na_
25-01-2008, 11:34 AM
take a foto dude of the bolt you "replaced" ok.

There should be a small 12mm bolt ontop , then a washer , then a larger 17mm bolt and then another washer.

nah it was a 10 mm on top and it wasnt very long maybe around 12mm long.. its the screw that sits ontop of those L shaped hose that connects onto one of the **** of the fuel filter.

LIV3
25-01-2008, 09:24 PM
did you check spark plugs?

rayb3na_
26-01-2008, 02:14 AM
yeah did that car starts now.. unfortunately got another issue now..

blk_shadow
29-01-2008, 08:06 AM
this is the last resort, you might want to check your smatra (antenna around your ignition).