PDA

View Full Version : torquing down the head

tekung89
24-01-2008, 07:22 PM
hey guys , i have a d16y1 head ready to be toruqed down to a d16y4 block. i jus need them torque figures so i can properly bolt down my head. does anyone kno how man lbs it is? :thumbsup:
*update: i found the torque figures, 22lbs ft and 53lbs ft, can anyone confirm this is right?

and also wats the intake and exhaust clearance of the valves from the d16y1 head

Drew
24-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Torque isn't the only thing you need to worry about

The sequence you tighten the bolts up in is also very important

Can't remember is it just the torque only with D series or angle too?

K series is 39lbs, 90deg, 90deg + 90deg if new bolts are used...
Each time starting the sequence again

lieos
24-01-2008, 11:00 PM
also make sure if the block has spacers for any of the bolts to fit them i have seen a block get cracked because a spacer was not fitted in the correct spot (actually not fitted at all). Also make sure you get rid of all the old gasket off the block/ head as that can also cause problems.
Basically before you start make sure you have all the specs and take it easy theres no use rushing if all your going to do is make a mistake and have to pull the whole thing apart and start again.
Also follow what drew has said that is very important information and will cause problems if not followed.
Another tip although very basic with any type of fitting and one im sure you already know if you are doing this job is ALWAYS start bolts by hand so that you dont cross thread anything causing you problems and can also be expensive.
Anyway i hope this has helped
good luck with the job

Lukezen27
27-01-2008, 07:42 PM
hey guys , i have a d16y1 head ready to be toruqed down to a d16y4 block. i jus need them torque figures so i can properly bolt down my head. does anyone kno how man lbs it is? :thumbsup:
*update: i found the torque figures, 22lbs ft and 53lbs ft, can anyone confirm this is right?

and also wats the intake and exhaust clearance of the valves from the d16y1 head

BAM
http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64991

LukeZen

bennjamin
27-01-2008, 07:54 PM
for the lazy people

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4778&d=1176893143